shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a dreamer or a realist or somewhere in between?

Are you a dreamer or a realist or somewhere in between?

• 1. I am a realist

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • 2. I am a dreamer

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 3. I am somewhere in between.

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I consider myself to be an optimistic realist.

First and foremost a realist but I strive to make my dreams come true.
IMO (realistic) dreams are just reality waiting.
Always my head and feet are firmly placed in reality and I (try to) see things as they are but without dreams one cannot thrive.

What about you? Which do you lean towards and why?

dreamersandrealists.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someday I aspire to be one or the other when I grow up.

Unfortunately I’m stuck in devils advocate mode.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm a dreamer. I often don't just think of what is, but what can be. I think of realist as being part of optimist and pessimist, not dreamers. Dreamers have a vision of the possibilities, and they go to the edge. If some step off the edge, they may fly. That is their hope. A new path.

I try to assess what needs to be done, and I'm like that little train who could. I think I can , I think I can. Although, never quite sure. So I move the dream forward, slowly or more quickly. And hope I don't fall off the edge, but learn to fly.

Annette

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a dreamer who has been fortunate enough to make most of them come true. I disagree a bit with @smitcompton's assessment of realists because I think it depends on where you are in life. It's a bit easier to risk stepping off the edge and falling and having time to recover when you are younger vs later in life. So my dreams of late have been tinged with a bit of practicality and realistic outcomes. For example, I've been binging Escape to the Country today and having massive dreams of buying spectacular property in either Wales or Cornwall or Scotland but have to think about what it would be like to live in another country should one of us die within the next decade. Many more considerations to ponder when one is gambling on keeping in good health in what may be the last 2 decades of life

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A realist. I have aspirations that I work for, not so much "dreams". Even when something is "in the bag" I generally expect a last minute problem to come along and ruin it. I prefer to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally a dreamer!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So realistic it gets me into trouble because people don't like hearing common sense sometimes.

The older I get, the more I value traits in others such as like common sense and groundedness. I find down-to-earth people soothing. I'm impatient with flights of fancy and pie-in-the-sky thinking in anyone who doesn't have youth as an excuse.

I'd give some examples in terms of recent news stories where someone's total lack of common sense has been their downfall, but that view is deeply unfashionable, so I'll just back away...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like Missy, I consider myself an optimistic realist. Fairly positive person but very practical and down to earth about limitations.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Realist and full of limitations because of this.

I really need to get out of my comfort zone but I find great comfort in predictability.

It took a HUGE amount of mental effort for me to move house. I really thought I was going to die in my dank little house with my fruit trees. It was all I'd ever known and I wished it was better but didn't know where to start.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One for optimistic realistic for me.
I'm blunt and logical, but positive and humble. But dreamers like my MIL think I don't like them because I'm a realist. Therefore the estranged relationship. MIL is dreamer which make DH a dreamer. Opposites attract, after 30 years he is now an optimistic realist borderline dreamer.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I used to be a dreamer when I was younger but got pulled back to reality a bit and was almost pessimistic realist for a while there.

I'm still a realist but now with realistic goals that I am aiming for, I find myself much happier that way.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the information!

Hmmm. :think:
You register today, resurrecting a brief 2 year old thread just to thank us for the information?

Welcome to Pricescope, but what information? :think:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spam @kenny ...I almost reported it. Just waiting for the other real spam to drop! I'm sure its coming :) .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, my initial suspicion was spam too.
But seeing no link to anything for sale, or an agenda, I couldn't report it to admin.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

Well it was good to see that I still agree with myself.:)I was so deep.

Annette

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, my initial suspicion was spam too.
But seeing no link to anything for sale, or an agenda, I couldn't report it to admin.

Time will tell.

Often the strategy is to come back later and edit the post, adding in links, this way generating connections to the website being promoted. We all know how that's going to work out...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Often the strategy is to come back later and edit the post, adding in links, this way generating connections to the website being promoted. We all know how that's going to work out...

IMG_3062.gif

:lol:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Closing this old thread that was indeed reopened by a spammer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results