shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Uggs still so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I heard Uggs were a huge seller this year and I was looking for the black Joplins and couldn''t find them anywhere. Are they still really popular? I kept hearing they were ''out''.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allisonfaye, I see them a lot in stores but not a lot on actual people walking around.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *NEVER* liked them. I hope they are "out."
14.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I do not go by the "in" and "out" comments if I like and will enjoy something. Someone told me B Bags were over, and by the hits on the thread and the excitement here on PS I think that is bogus. I live in the east and it is cold and there is nothing like slipping on Uggs when it is cold out...so in or not, they are a staple to ME and I like them! Also, those rubber watches from a few years ago (technomarine) were supposed to be a one season hit and they are still around...so I let my taste be the arbiter (and I think my taste overall is pretty good!)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS Allison it looks like Nordstrom might have them. It shows them on their site. Also try the Ugg site, and Superlamb...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nordstrom''s has them. I don''t care if they are out. I love them. I slip them on at night and they keep my feet nice and warm. I am loving my most recent pair which is a dark chestnut color. Buy what you like!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2006 7:39:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Nordstrom's has them. I don't care if they are out. I love them. I slip them on at night and they keep my feet nice and warm. I am loving my most recent pair which is a dark chestnut color. Buy what you like!!!!

Oh sorry Allisonfaye -- do you mean slippers? I thought you were talking about the boots.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe they are considered ''out''...but people should wear them if they love them. is juicy velour still in?? i am always buying new sets...hehe. i figure it can''t be ''in'' anymore but i still love them!

b-bags are considered ''out'' apparently this year...but do i care? no way! hehe.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I dont care if Uggs are in or out- I have 3 pairs- I live in them from late fall till early spring- love them!! I think they are super comfy and cute too!!!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i never bought the boots but I have the slippers and they are by far my favorite slipper ever and I don''t care if they''re out or not. they are soft and warm and the best part is they have a sole so the cushy bottem doesn''t conform to my foot, which I hate on most slippers, they are solid. I love them
30.gif
. I do actually see a lot of gals wearing the boots out here in Nashville, but we''re behind the big cities so they could very well be out in LA or Chicago but just catching on here
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 7:43:24 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 12/30/2006 7:39:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Nordstrom''s has them. I don''t care if they are out. I love them. I slip them on at night and they keep my feet nice and warm. I am loving my most recent pair which is a dark chestnut color. Buy what you like!!!!

Oh sorry Allisonfaye -- do you mean slippers? I thought you were talking about the boots.
No I slip on my Ugg boots at night. They are soooo comfy!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have lots of them. short and tall, with fluff and without, black, brown, chestnut (I got a little nuts when it got really cold here, since I am So. Cal born and raised...) and I will tell you they sell out on line and in the stores and I see loads of people wearing them...I even see celebs in L.A. photographed running around doing errands in them. While they may not be THE hot item this year, I think they are a staple...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend''s teenage daughter wanted and just got another pair for Christmas...so it doesn''t seem like they''re ''out''...but I never can keep up with that stuff anyway.
2.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t care if they are out. I just can''t find the pair I want so I was wondering. I also remember hearing someone say they were the biggest selling Christmas item or something along those lines.
I will try some of the suggestions. I am looking for the Ugg black Joplin. I found one place that might have them but their website had this big long spiel about ordering 1.5 sizes smaller than your normal size on the classic uggs so I was confused on what size to order. The one thing I don''t like about my Uggs is how hard they are to get on and off. I have to wear them with socks because I can''t wear wool next to my skin.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to an 8 and I normally am 8.5 or even 9...the sheepskin flattens and they get really loose. I do not always wear socks with mine, just the black ones which turn your feet black and it is impossible to get it off. I would go down maybe, to the next lowest size...if you are a 7 get a 6...I guess you can send them back if you try them and they do not feel good, but I have gotten all my Uggs in 8''s and they are fine. My niece, who is very tall and wears a 10 or 10.5 shoe, buys her Uggs in size 11...so go figure...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it is going to matter since the pair I want seems to be sold out everywhere. Might just wait till next year.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you try the sites I mentioned...I did see the style on Nordstrom, and also the Ugg site or Superlamb might be worth a try...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 10:25:25 PM
Author: diamondfan
Did you try the sites I mentioned...I did see the style on Nordstrom, and also the Ugg site or Superlamb might be worth a try...
I got my last pair from Superlamb. Good luck, hope you find them.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
allison, zappos also sells Uggs, have you tried looking there? There is also a local store here in Nashville called David Parker Shoes that carries them. they don't have a website so they might very well have what you're looking for in stock.

here's the #: 615-771-7348

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry you''re having trouble locating them. Maybe MrsSalvo''s local store will have what you''re looking for? My friend''s daughter''s pair came from Nordstrom.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I think the style I want is just sold out a lot of places. I have found a few odd sizes (12 or 5) but other than that, no luck. I will try some of your suggestions.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Author: diamondfan
While they may not be THE hot item this year, I think they are a staple...
I see ladies wearing them all over the place. . .I do agree that they're basically a staple at this point.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in the santa cruz mountains and in santa cruz itself it is impossible to walk down the street without seeing Uggs or Ugg knockoffs.

i myself own more pairs than any one woman should own.......they are a winter staple. however, my pairs are before Teva bought them out and changed the styles and most importantly the sole. i am not a fan of the new Uggs and am so very glad i stockpiled some of the older styles.

they are comfortable, easy to put on and take off, and all around one of my favorite boots. however, i am not fashion conscious and wear what pleases me.

long live Uggs!......well, i''m not sure of the current incarnation under Teva but i''m always going to have a pair.

movie zombie

ps interesting history re Uggs: Australian surfers so its a natural Uggs ended up being so popular in santa cruz. here in the mountains its a sign of being a local.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 6:31:58 PM
Author: movie zombie
in the santa cruz mountains and in santa cruz itself it is impossible to walk down the street without seeing Uggs or Ugg knockoffs.

i myself own more pairs than any one woman should own.......they are a winter staple. however, my pairs are before Teva bought them out and changed the styles and most importantly the sole. i am not a fan of the new Uggs and am so very glad i stockpiled some of the older styles.

they are comfortable, easy to put on and take off, and all around one of my favorite boots. however, i am not fashion conscious and wear what pleases me.

long live Uggs!......well, i''m not sure of the current incarnation under Teva but i''m always going to have a pair.

movie zombie

ps interesting history re Uggs: Australian surfers so its a natural Uggs ended up being so popular in santa cruz. here in the mountains its a sign of being a local.
My husband and I went to Whistler, BC last month and the mountain and all the retail shops were filled with Australians wearing Uggs (and similar styles). I almost bought a pair, but ended up getting Sorrell''s instead b/c they seemed more waterproof. . .I''m not sure if I made the right choice as the heels are slippery but they are really warm!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
people all over the place here in MI are still wearing them. i was debating about getting a pair also, but i am not sure to wear the jeans tucked inside or over them? i''m pretty short, and i don''t think they would be very flattering on my body tupe, but if they are comfy - then why not!

i have the Ugg shearling clogs and i love them. i have to admit, they are not as comfy as i thought they''d be, but they are wooden clogs. i got mine from onlineshoes.com and i believe they offer a free shipping similiar to zappos.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have noticed the trends of Uggs (whether in or out) as I live on both the West Coast and the East Coast. I never care if they are in or out, they are so darn comfy. I just bought two pairs of their loafers to wear out during the day, and keep my traditional UGG boots for home.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the thing about Uggs is that i have to try on several pairs in the same size to get the right fit. because of the wool inside, even a slight error in any part of the boot can effect the fit. i''ve tried on 5 pairs in the same size to get a good fit. one thing i cannot order online is footware. its a disaster each and every time no matter who the vendor.

jeans in or out: whatever you wish! i''m short and round so i prefer to put my jean leg over the boot but there are times when i have put them in. depends on which ugg you have. i have a great pair of an older style that has a smooth upper rather than sueded. they have a complete different look to them.

movie zombie

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Well, our Nordstrom had a huge Ugg display this year, with lots of new styles, so who knows? I love mine, I wear them to yoga class, or with jeans because they are so snuggly!

Since I''m 36, i don''t really care whats in or whats out as much as what looks good on me.

I still buy the original Seven for all mankind jean that has been around forever. flare leg and all.....it looks good.

I guess if my beloved Nordy''s still sells it, then I''m fine.

Jeannine

iluvchoc

Rough_Rock
For me, uggs are about warmth and cover. NOT a fashion statement. I have a pair of classic short black and chestnut that I like to wear when running errands. My feet are always toasty no matter how cold it is outside.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 9:53:32 AM
Author: iluvchoc
For me, uggs are about warmth and cover. NOT a fashion statement. I have a pair of classic short black and chestnut that I like to wear when running errands. My feet are always toasty no matter how cold it is outside.
i think this is why they''ve remained popular for so long. most of us that do wear them just don''t care about being in fashion. convenience, pratical, and warm. worth the price!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results