shape
carat
color
clarity

Are the under-40s done with perfume and wristwatches?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a luxury watch fan or collector. On YouTube there are several posts about the recent drop in luxury watch demand. I learned about Authorized Dealers selling watches either above retail or putting buyers on long wait lists and tying sales of high demand brands and styles with less desirable models to make the sale. Now there are many of these watches available on the secondary market as ADs are selling stock. Also three big watch companies pulled out of Basalworld. The theory for the decline is since Covid, and it’s effect on the global market, that luxury watch brands are taking a hit thus they need to move inventory.I tried to find a thread on this here at PS but could not find it. Again, I have no passion for or knowledge about high end watches (although a Cartier tank would be an exception) as this info is only from YouTube and may not be true. Any thoughts?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m another one who is sensitive to perfumes, especially chemical ones, which most of them are. They make it difficult to breathe, so I’m grateful they are falling out of fashion. I never wear them but I don’t have to avoid scented soaps.

i love watches as jewelry items. For a special birthday, I got myself a moonphase watch. Sometimes I borrow my husband’s watch as a boyfriend style. I forget to wear them sometimes but I think they are fun and retro. When I was younger I had one with Snoopy, one with Tigger...

My younger friends use their phones for the time. Some have Apple watches but of course those are more for functionality than beauty.

Disrop

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful watches think they could cost the other 5k dollars. However, during the world quarantine and crisis, there will be little demand for them. Personally, I don't wear original watches, because I know that I like to change them very often. One time my friend told me that there is a shop that provides really high-quality Rolex clone watches. It was the first time in my life when I have seen Japanese watches from solid 904L stainless steel for 250 dollars. Think that during the current situation it is a very good present for yourself.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is complete nonsense. My uncle is 44 years old and still uses perfume and has a great watch that he always wears. This is some kind of bias against people in adulthood

Generalizations are generally true.
Exceptions to generalizations do not make generalizations generally true.

So, it's not bias.
It's clear thinking.

Mornless

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful watches think they could cost the other 5k dollars. However, during the world quarantine and crisis, there will be little demand for them. Personally, I don't wear original watches, because I know that I like to change them very often. One time my friend told me that there is a shop that provides really high-quality Rolex clone watches. It was the first time in my life when I have seen Japanese watches from solid 904L stainless steel for 250 dollars. Think that during the current situation it is a very good present for yourself.

I think that the quarantine will not be a hindrance for those who are really rich and want to buy a good watch. As for the price, I think that really real and high-quality watches will cost many times more

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results