Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wherever

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
2,740
Thought these were interesting... :wavey:

Imagine moving your family to a new city every few years. This is what Serbian goldsmith Ola Shekhtman does on a regular basis in order to familiarize herself with a new urban center. Trained in St. Petersburg, she takes the iconic elements of cities like London, Paris, and New York, and turns them into beautiful rings. Shekhtman does everything by hand, in the manner of the old masters. This means that she melts the metal she uses herself, then rolls it, saws it, and solders it into its desired shape.

image_4199.jpg
London
image_4200.jpg
San Francisco
image_4197.jpg
Hong Kong
image_4198.jpg

http://www.boredpanda.com/cityscape-ring-ola-shekhtman/
 

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
3,847
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

Wow! Those are amazingly detailed. Stunning :love:
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,759
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

Those are very nicely made. Love the concept.
 

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
6,350
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

I don't know if I'd want to wear them, but they are beautiful!
 

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
3,548
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

Oh, I would definitely wear those! I've always, always wanted to go to London. Maybe wearing a London ring would be the cheap alternative! I might have ordered one in the 14k yellow gold but they're out of stock, and I don't like the plate or the silver so much.
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

Neat concept, but not something that I'd wear.
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,189
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

momhappy|1453218618|3977917 said:
Neat concept, but not something that I'd wear.

+1
 

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 22, 2012
Messages
2,274
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

This is sort of like charms from cities or countries but with more dimension. But it seems that charms are our of fashion now except for those pandora type :(( The rings are pretty.
 

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
3,548
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

It's interesting that quite a few responses have been in the "pretty but wouldn't wear" category. I love fun items like this. But then, I have a large pair of silver horse stud earrings that I wear with pride, and other quirky stuff.

If the 14k was available I might well have ordered one right now. Maybe I can't go to London, but I can wrap London around my finger!
 

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
13,374
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

These are so much fun! I would love to see a Chicago version!
 

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
2,740
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

telephone89|1453148054|3977615 said:
Wow! Those are amazingly detailed. Stunning :love:
I thought so too! :clap:

monarch64 said:
Those are very nicely made. Love the concept.
They do look nicely made. :clap: I wonder how she came up with the concept. :confused:

part gypsy said:
I don't know if I'd want to wear them, but they are beautiful!
I don't know how comfortable they would be, but they are very pretty. :dance:

kenny said:
momhappy|1453218618|3977917 said:
Neat concept, but not something that I'd wear.
+1
Yeah, they are different. I agree it's a cool concept though. :wavey:

Jambalaya said:
Oh, I would definitely wear those! I've always, always wanted to go to London. Maybe wearing a London ring would be the cheap alternative! I might have ordered one in the 14k yellow gold but they're out of stock, and I don't like the plate or the silver so much.
I sometimes get an ornament or pin from cities I visit. Now that I think about it...jewelry would be a much better idea! Great thought Jamba! :dance:
 

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
2,740
Re: Architecture Rings Let You Wear Your Beloved Cities Wher

Dee*Jay|1453239495|3978149 said:
These are so much fun! I would love to see a Chicago version!
Chicago would be cool. :appl: Sketchadesign on etsy does a Chicago skyline necklace.

lambskin said:
This is sort of like charms from cities or countries but with more dimension. But it seems that charms are our of fashion now except for those pandora type :(( The rings are pretty.
Good point! I hadn't thought of them like charms, but definitely a similar concept. :wavey:

Jambalaya said:
It's interesting that quite a few responses have been in the "pretty but wouldn't wear" category. I love fun items like this. But then, I have a large pair of silver horse stud earrings that I wear with pride, and other quirky stuff.

If the 14k was available I might well have ordered one right now. Maybe I can't go to London, but I can wrap London around my finger!
Ha! I like the way you think! :naughty:

Thanks to everyone for looking! I always like to check out different types of jewelry. I guess that's why I'm on PS all the time! :lol:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top