shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine Brooch

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Hi again, all!

Was browsing the real real earlier, as I tend to find myself doing.

Came across this aquamarine brooch - https://www.therealreal.com/product...ch-18k-platinum-aquamarine-and-diamond-brooch

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.38.19 PM.png
Seems like it's a very good price - am I missing something? What's the catch?

In my albeit non expert opinion, I would think an aqua of that size, +2 ish carats of diamond, + platinum would command something higher than what's being asked.

Can someone catch something I'm not?

Andrew.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have no idea but I agree it's beautiful!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it is quite beautiful but I personally think that its fair or slightly steep in pricing.
Lovely though!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much is it? I love the setting:love::love:. Hard to tell if the Aqua has a window.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again, all!

Was browsing the real real earlier, as I tend to find myself doing.

Came across this aquamarine brooch - https://www.therealreal.com/product...ch-18k-platinum-aquamarine-and-diamond-brooch

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.38.19 PM.png
Seems like it's a very good price - am I missing something? What's the catch?

In my albeit non expert opinion, I would think an aqua of that size, +2 ish carats of diamond, + platinum would command something higher than what's being asked.

Can someone catch something I'm not?

Andrew.

As someone who bought jewelry from therealreal recently, I think there are some real deals to be found on there because they are a consignment store and deal at volume. Also I think their prices are based on popularity—their sapphire selection is subpar and over priced but less popular gems and designs could conversely be undervalued. This brooch would be the latter since brooches are generally not all that popular and tend to sell for way under the prices pendants and rings command. For this price though (or anything over 1k), I would definitely get the piece evaluated upon receiving it.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I dont like that the color seems photoshopped. If the aqua really is that "electric" I am pretty darned impressed. Or is it topaz...:confused: hmmm

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they have a return policy? If yes, certainly worth a look in person.
It’s “cheap” because basically no one wears brooches anymore.
I would be whipping that aqua out and using the diamonds to make a ring, but that another grand or so for the work.
It will undoubtedly have a huge window with that cut, unless you buy an aqua that has been re cut or more recent production, older style aquas are all about the size and colour with “windows” galore! Part of their charm in my opinion.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
OP, this is the zircon ring I bought recently:
The Zircon thread

If you do a search for zircon rings on the TRR, you will find the sold listing for it and it will give you an idea of how the photography compares to the item in real life.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the thoughts, everyone! I will certainly be looking at this in more detail. I sent an email to TRR about it, and am waiting to hear back for more information. If I do end up buying to take a look at it, I will be sure to post some "in hand" photos, especially for the color of the stone!

To Bron's point, I definitely have seen the massive windows in aquas, but honestly, I'm a big fan for the particular stone, for some reason.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results