shape
carat
color
clarity

Aproximately 2000 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in the spring to early summer a child was born. The story of that child''''s birth and his effect on the world has been told ever since. The Catholic church many centuries ago decided to celebrate that birth in a winter festival towards the end of December.

To all those of Christian faith; Merry Christmas.

To those of other faiths. Please understand that much of the viciousness and hatred that some so called christians have practiced over the years was never taught by that child as he grew into a young man. Alas, mankind is not perfect. Peace and good will towards all mankind.

Perry

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
Merry Christmas from Australia.

It is now Xmas morning here and in this remote corner of the world, we too dearly hope for peace to reign.

Best wishes to EVERYONE worldwide.

OSU COWBOYS

Rough_Rock
Very good post. Merry Christmas to you as well! Ryan

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Holidays and a Great New Year to All.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas !
face23.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Perry,

As I read this post this Christmas day a few verses come to mind.

...the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing God a service. 3 This is because they have never known the Father or me. 4 Yes, I''m telling you these things now, so that when they happen, you will remember I warned you. (John 16:2-4)

And this which was written approx. 700 BCE.

1 Who has believed our message? To whom will the LORD reveal his saving power? 2 My servant grew up in the LORD''s presence like a tender green shoot, sprouting from a root in dry and sterile ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him. 3 He was despised and rejected – a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we did not care.

4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows F116 that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! 5 But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! 6 All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God''s paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all. 7 He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. 8 From prison and trial they led him away to his death. But who among the people realized that he was dying for their sins – that he was suffering their punishment? 9 He had done no wrong, and he never deceived anyone. But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man''s grave.

10 But it was the LORD''s good plan to crush him and fill him with grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have a multitude of children, many heirs. He will enjoy a long life, and the LORD''s plan will prosper in his hands. 11 When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of what he has experienced, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. 12 I will give him the honors of one who is mighty and great, because he exposed himself to death. He was counted among those who were sinners. He bore the sins of many and interceded for sinners.

Powerful stuff.

Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results