shape
carat
color
clarity

Appropriate price for rose cut?

miloz

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!
I'm on the hunt for a rose cut diamond that will be set in a custom engagement ring, inspired by this:
upload_2019-8-2_8-6-8.png

What's a reasonable price range for a GIA-appraised, white, circular, VS1-2, G-I, 4-5mm stone rose cut diamond? I've been told that's around 0.13-0.3 cts but I could be mistaken.
I've had a quote for $5-6k, and someone else in the $1-2k range. Want to make sure I get a reputable diamond, but at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. I am so glad I stumbled on this forum. Super exciting to see all the discussions, etc.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!
I'm on the hunt for a rose cut diamond that will be set in a custom engagement ring, inspired by this:
upload_2019-8-2_8-6-8.png

What's a reasonable price range for a GIA-appraised, white, circular, VS1-2, G-I, 4-5mm stone rose cut diamond? I've been told that's around 0.13-0.3 cts but I could be mistaken.
I've had a quote for $5-6k, and someone else in the $1-2k range. Want to make sure I get a reputable diamond, but at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. I am so glad I stumbled on this forum. Super exciting to see all the discussions, etc.
Er, what? $6k for a 0.3ct diamond? Are they on drugs?? :shock: :lol:

Have a look at CVB and LAD for secondhand options that will be more appropriately priced!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those quoted prices are absurd. 1-2k for the whole ring is reasonable. But 1-2k for just a .3 stone???? Nope! Especially 5k! That is insanity. Check ivy and rose (already suggested), old world diamonds, Caleb quashen (on IG) often has rose cuts.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Parks fine jewelry has rose cuts often. People have had mixed experiences with him, but I think if you know what you want and have a clear budget (e.g. "I want a .3ct rose cut under 1k") that he can likely find it.

And then I'd get David klass to do the setting.

miloz

Rough_Rock
@OoohShiny: right!? Their excuse was for the "G-I colour" but I've read on PS that rose cuts are one of the less expensive cuts per karat. That's not my reason for choosing them, but still--what a relief to have all these second opinions!
Will take a look at CVB and LAD.

@elizat: I've emailed both Ivy Rose and Old World Diamonds. Thanks!!

@tyty333: beautiful. Doesn't seem like it's circular though, which is what I'm going for. Thanks anyway!

@lovedogs: I love dogs too. Haha! I've messaged IR, OWD, and Caleb. I'm getting the stone set by an appropriately-skilled local designer so that I can see/try on the wax model in-person before it's made.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I tried to buy a pair of rose cuts for earrings from Alex. He wasn't able to help, but I have bought other stuff. I have had better luck with in stock items as compared to batch items or having him search.

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
Perhaps off topic but have you seen a 4mm stone in person? They look absolutely minuscule in a ring imo and you wouldn't be able to admire the cut very much.

5mm would be a much better size I think. The extra mm makes a big difference.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just bought a 0.78 VVS1 J (it looks warmer than a J) rose cut pear off ebay for $935. The seller also has higher color GIA certified stones for what I consider reasonable prices. I haven't gotten my stone yet, but will report back on my experience =)2

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could also try xothebijouxbox on IG. She often has great rose cuts, loose and set.

miloz

Rough_Rock
@Jujeh : I've started going after a 5-6 mm stone. Agree with you! :wavey:
@Ontheblackrock15: Great! Look forward to hearing about it! Love the community on this forum.
@lissyflo: I don't have IG. Is there a way to contact her through different means? Been looking for an email but can't find one. :/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jujeh : I've started going after a 5-6 mm stone. Agree with you! :wavey:
@Ontheblackrock15: Great! Look forward to hearing about it! Love the community on this forum.
@lissyflo: I don't have IG. Is there a way to contact her through different means? Been looking for an email but can't find one. :/
You don't have to have an Instagram account to view Instagram - you just need to know the name of the account and add it to the end of the standard Instagram address ;-)

In this case:
https://www.instagram.com/xothebijouxbox/

As you can see from the top of that page, there is a link to an Etsy account which you should be able to contact them on (or at least find other contact details).

miloz

Rough_Rock
You don't have to have an Instagram account to view Instagram - you just need to know the name of the account and add it to the end of the standard Instagram address ;-)

In this case:
https://www.instagram.com/xothebijouxbox/

As you can see from the top of that page, there is a link to an Etsy account which you should be able to contact them on (or at least find other contact details).

Yup! NGL, I also don't have an Etsy account. Of course, I could always make one, but I'm also thinking about people who don't want to add another "account" to their life. When I click on the "contact" button, it asks me to sign up for an Etsy account! :whistle:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! NGL, I also don't have an Etsy account. Of course, I could always make one, but I'm also thinking about people who don't want to add another "account" to their life. When I click on the "contact" button, it asks me to sign up for an Etsy account! :whistle:
I hear what you're saying - I am always loathe to add my contact information to yet another website...

It could be worth a google to see if they have a dedicated website or contact details listed - CVB and LAD should definitely have contact details, but some of the smaller operators may well only have an etsy and IG account and communicate solely through those.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results