shape
carat
color
clarity

appraisal for tiffany ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

verve

Rough_Rock
hello, i am about to purchase a tiffany ring tomorrow. a lot of people say that there is a 200% - 300% mark up at tiffany's. is it really that much more expensive? does that mean it will be appraised for less money than i paid? i dont have the spec sheet in front of me but what i can remember is brilliant cut, 1.54 ct., i color (i compared it to an f and couldn't tell the difference), vs2, symmetry and polish excellent, no cutlet, no fluorescence, thin girdle, ideal cut (i think 53% table and 59% depth).the price is $16,100 .i know im paying more for the name but the look on my girlfriends face when she sees its from tiffany's is going to be priceless. any input is appreciated. thanks - mike

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes there is a huge mark up.
Is it worth it - well how do you value the look in her eyes?

The value of a Tiffany ring is the value of the ring, since you would only ever accept a Tiffany ring as a replacement.

verve

Rough_Rock
i bought the tiffany ring sat. and im very satisfied. it looks like a little fire bomb. here are the exact specs....round brilliant, 7.49 - 7.51 x 4.60 mm, 1.54 ct, depth = 61.3%, table = 54%, girdle thin to medium, faceted, cutlet none, polish excellent, symmetry excellent, vs2, color i, flourescence none.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results