shape
carat
color
clarity

Appointments at Tiffany''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hazel29

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

So, as I mentioned in another thread, my boyfriend wants to go to Tiffany''s to take a look at rings next weekend (yay!) I don''t think we''ll end up buying from there for a number of reasons, but it''s a good place to start.

Anyway, I was wondering if you think it''s worth it to use their online form to set up an in-store consultation appointment? Have any of you had experience doing that (or not)? Does it make a difference that I have gigantic fingers? (I thought maybe some advance notice might give them time to find rings that will fit me, but my guess is they won''t have any of those ready-made anyway, so maybe it won''t matter).

anyway, advice welcome, as always!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I just went yesterday (by myself) and I had pretty much the whole store to myself. But, making an appointment might not be a bad idea for a weekend visit. I''m sure they''re a lot busier then. It also depends on where your store is located, too. In NYC (or other really big cities) I''m sure you''d have to make an appointment. How fun!!! Yay!!!! You''ve gotta come back and tell us all about it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have never made one but I know all their e-rings come in a standard size 6, good luck with your visit :D

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
For the initial visit, SO and I never made an appointment. After that, we made appointments to look at the rings our SA had brought in. I guess depending on the size of the store you are going to, it may be a good idea. Our Tiffany''s is smaller and there was no one looking at the fine jewelry on our first visit, so it was very easy to try on the rings in the cases.

Good luck and have fun!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Do an appointment if you want to get great service dedicated to you! It's like a mini bling party! You get to go to the little private room and they bring you bling on a tray. They'll also have rings in mind earmarked so you won't be shoulder to shoulder with other people craning their necks at the same diamonds and etc. If you're not at a crazy busy store, then it wouldn't really matter I guess!

The danger is... you will leave wanting to buy something ASAP. You will have Tiff diamonds on the brain for the next few weeks until you get one! Danger danger!

As for sizing, most of their sizes are around a 6-7. The appointment probably won't change their inventory, but maybe they could flag some bands in the store that are your size so you can see how it feels on your finger, whether or not it's comfortable & etc.

Have fun!!!! Don't say I didn't warn ya!
31.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No offense, but if you are pretty sure you are not going to purchase your ring there, why waste their time and yours making an appointment?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:57:06 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
No offense, but if you are pretty sure you are not going to purchase your ring there, why waste their time and yours making an appointment?

I think it's a good idea anyway -- because you neeeeeveeer know!
31.gif

Many a girl has walked into Tiffany "just to look" and they've walked out with a sparkly!

I think they appreciate your coming in to look because customers often come back and buy gifts, other jewelry or refer people over the years. They build their business on repeat customers and relationships with the SAs. I wouldn't be surprised if hazel29 took one look at the ring on her finger and made up her mind. LOL. The Tiff thirst must be quenched! It's magic in that store, I tell ya. You see one and suddenly you have to have one.

Lots of PSers walked in and once they tried on a Tiff diamond, fell in love. And that was that.

So you've all been warned!!!

hazel29

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I think all those things are accurate. I want to go:

1) Because it''s where my boyfriend wants to go
2) because I''m willing to be happily surprised by what I find
3) Because we will buy other things there in the future, if not an e-ring

Definitely wouldn''t go if I thought it was just a waste of their time, I promise :)

Thanks for all the good advice!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:26:15 PM
Author: hazel29
Yeah, I think all those things are accurate. I want to go:

1) Because it''s where my boyfriend wants to go

2) because I''m willing to be happily surprised by what I find

3) Because we will buy other things there in the future, if not an e-ring

Definitely wouldn''t go if I thought it was just a waste of their time, I promise :)

Thanks for all the good advice!

Lucky you for your boyfriend wanting to go
2.gif
I will say, if your SO is like mine, he may have some sticker-shock when he sees the prices at Tiffanys. We had not looked at diamond prices at vendors like Whiteflash, etc prior to going so we didn''t really know what to expect when we got there. When he was told the prices of 2 ct rings (which is what he wanted for me) in our specs, the color drained from his face a little! I know my SO wanted to purchase from Tiffany (or Cartier, HW, etc) so he got a bit more comfortable throughout the process despite the initial shock.

You are not wasting the SAs time. It is definitely helpful to build a relationship with an SA at the place like Tiffany, especially if you plan on purchasing other items in the future. Our SA is so nice and has offered assistance with wedding bands and bridesmaid gifts in the future. We did end up buying the ring from Tiffany but I think our SA would have offered future assistance even if we hadn''t.

Have fun when you go! It is a really fantastic experience looking at engagement rings at Tiffany!
1.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I would set up an appointment, get all the attention and have a really fun bling party. ENJOY!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought that it was worth it as they ordered in the specs that I wanted and the sizes.

waitingonmyprince

Rough_Rock
How fun! My SO and I visited Tiffany''s without an appointment to look at rings. The SA was very nice and it was a fun experience even though I knew we wouldn''t end up buying my e-ring from them.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOO Fun! From my experience, I don't think you need an appointment. Whichever SA assists you, they will devote their time to you with any questions and take as long as you want WITHOUT one. I would think making an appointment would be more for times when you request them to bring in some rings from other Tiffany locations, or when you are more serious about making a specific purchase..

Good luck and have fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!
36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, you never know. If my Fi hadn''t proposed with his mom''s ring, I would have asked for the Ribbon Collection ring with a 3/4 carat round. I usually like larger diamonds, but that design is just tdf! The 3/4 carat center is perfect for that design, and it''s under $9,500. That''s a lot for some to spend on a ring (including us!), but it may not be out of range for some. Not everything there costs a million, and honestly, it''s hard NOT to spot a T&Co diamond. They have a very distinct look to my eyes.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 5:33:44 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
Well, you never know. If my Fi hadn't proposed with his mom's ring, I would have asked for the Ribbon Collection ring with a 3/4 carat round. I usually like larger diamonds, but that design is just tdf! The 3/4 carat center is perfect for that design, and it's under $9,500. That's a lot for some to spend on a ring (including us!), but it may not be out of range for some. Not everything there costs a million, and honestly, it's hard NOT to spot a T&Co diamond. They have a very distinct look to my eyes.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! There are plenty of rings that are actually quite affordable to the average person. (well under $9,500) Prices could drop more due to the supply/demand these days as it's already dropped once. So many people feel intimidated going in there and never even look. Boy are they missing out! They certainly do have a very distinct look....which is why I love it so much!
31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:55:09 AM
Author:hazel29
Hi Ladies,

So, as I mentioned in another thread, my boyfriend wants to go to Tiffany''s to take a look at rings next weekend (yay!) I don''t think we''ll end up buying from there for a number of reasons, but it''s a good place to start.

Anyway, I was wondering if you think it''s worth it to use their online form to set up an in-store consultation appointment? Have any of you had experience doing that (or not)? Does it make a difference that I have gigantic fingers? (I thought maybe some advance notice might give them time to find rings that will fit me, but my guess is they won''t have any of those ready-made anyway, so maybe it won''t matter).

anyway, advice welcome, as always!

It depends on the store. If you''re going to a store in a smaller city, and you''re not sure how extensive their inventory is, it might be worth scheduling an appointment to make sure the sizes/color/clarities are what you want. The only times I''ve been were casual look-sees in NY and Chicago, so I didn''t worry too much.

I don''t think it''s wasting their time. Honestly, quite a few people I''m sure have ended up going with Tiffanys after going in to try things on. Although to tell the truth, Tiffs rings are nice but there are so many similar styles out there now (cushion halos, classic 6 prongs, etc.) that are well made (and often have incredible diamonds in them - ACAs and Infinity diamonds, anyone?) that they don''t really strike me as "distinctive". But that''s just me

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t make an appointment just to try some stuff on without being very serious about it. My friend works there, and when she gets an appointment, it''s serious. She just no-showed at our girlfriends baby shower because she got a last minute appointment that she couldn''t walk away from. An appointment is a bigger deal than just trying some stuff on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results