shape
carat
color
clarity

Appetizers/Hors d''oeurves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hey All,

So I am trying to find great appetizers/hors d''oeurves for my wedding and I have no idea where to start.
I myself have never been to a wedding before (shocking I know :)) so I am not sure what kind of things are served, what are the best things to have etc and so I am requesting your help.

Could you guys please give me some ideas of what the best kind of appetizers you had at weddings?? And I also need recepes if you know of any, or if you know of any great websites that I can look at.

This just for the cocktail hour, so I would like to have something delicious but not to filling.

Also, if it matters, my wedding is in June, so if anyone knows of ingredients that are in abundance in June that would be great as well.

I know I am asking alot in this one post, but I really don''t know what to go with. Thank you so much for everyone who offers ideas and advice:)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Are you catering your wedding yourself? And how many people are you planning to serve? That will help guide us with our suggestions!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Good questions.

No I am not catering my wedding by myself - my venue customizes their menues and so I have to pick any appetizers that I want and they will make it for me. So I am trying to get ideas on what i would like served.
They do not have a list themselves since they say their clients bring them in ... I find this weird but that''s what was said.

I am expecting 60 people to attend.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Any way they can provide you with sample menus from past weddings so you know what type of stuff they do?

What''s the theme/feel of your wedding? Is it more casual country feel (for which I would suggest more "homey" type munchies...comfort-food type stuff, like bacon-wrapped chicken skewers, mini quiches, etc.) or is it more sophisitcated affair for which you might do something like brie and fruit in phyllo dough, chicken satay skewers, shrimp cocktail, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results