shape
carat
color
clarity

apologies for listing my ring for more than I paid.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
I want to apologize for listing my ring for sale and violating this thread. I did not do so knowing this was not allowed.I just figured someone would want to make an offer and I do not want to lose money on this purchase. I have now listed it for exactly what I have invested in it on loupe troop. It is worth more as I had it to my appraiser. If I eventually put it up on Ebay I will have to raise the price to cover the Ebay fees.I would not like to be known as a flipper of merchandise.I would like to be an honest participant of this forum site. The new listing for the 1.5 carat K VS1 Halo diamond ring http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/1-dot-5-carat-k-vs1-oec-set-in-platinum-halo-with-rose-cut-Total amount:
-£4,230.00 GBP (equals -$6,685.79 USD)
Fee amount:
£0.00 GBP
Net amount:
-£4,230.00 GBP
Date:
Jun 23, 2013
Time:
10:49:13 PDT
Completed

Conversion from:
-$6,685.79 USD
Conversion to:
£4,230.00 GBP
Exchange rate:
1 U.S. Dollar = 0.6326 British Pounds

I also paid $50 to my appraiser to look nat the ring and write a short letter fro me as to its color, clarity and carat.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did someone tell you that is a policy? I haven't ever heard that and it doesn't even make sense to me. If I sell my 30 year old 1 ct diamond, it would be absurd to think I couldn't ask more for it than we paid back then. The policy I know about is no flipping, and that means that we are not allowed to be jewelry dealers buying jewelry with the purpose of reselling for a profit. We are only allowed to sell jewelry from our personal collections. You can price it any way you want. I can assure you that some people here do sell items and make more than they paid. But it needs to be jewelry that you bought for yourself. They will be able to recognize flippers over time.

PS...your link doesn't work.

http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/1-dot-5-carat-k-vs1-oec-set-in-platinum-halo-with-rose-cut-diamonds

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks VRBeauty for fixing the link for me. I am not so computer savvy. The ring is a beauty I agree but need to move on to getting my earring stud project done. I wonder who kicked my previous post off as flipping. I have never sold anything on here before.I was not flipping for profit. Just trying not to lose money on my purchase of this ring which is worth more. Oh well

SB621

Ideal_Rock
bbziggy|1373542002|3480931 said:
Thanks VRBeauty for fixing the link for me. I am not so computer savvy. The ring is a beauty I agree but need to move on to getting my earring stud project done. I wonder who kicked my previous post off as flipping. I have never sold anything on here before.I was not flipping for profit. Just trying not to lose money on my purchase of this ring which is worth more. Oh well

I have no idea who reported you but I would have done the same thing had I been watching the ebay listening and then saw you posting the same ring for 2k more on PS!!!!!!!! I understand the need to break even, however that does not give me the warm fuzzies at all to do business. Just being honest. So personally I wouldn't be concerned with who reported you as I really think they did you a favor. Many of us watch ebay and knew what that ring sold for and then saw what you initally posted it for. You must see it from our eyes.

Anyhow I hope you do have a quick sale. Have you thought about putting it back on ebay? Or sometimes DB gets more action too. I notice I will put something on LT and might not get any interest and then put it on DB and wham my inbox is flooded. Personally I think the price you have it at right now is great for the diamond so the setting to boot is just gravy.

EDIT- And for what it's worth I have sold alot of my personal collection on here. I have at least taken a 30-50% hit on everything. That is what you sort of expect on the secondary market unforunately. :(sad

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks SB621. I appreciate your input. By the way it was not listed for $2000 more and I had said to make an offer. I only wanted to get my investment back. I should probably relist it on ebay. It is beautiful and It should sell. I am almost tempted to keep it as another right hand ring. It is a real fireball and I may have a hard time parting with it for my stud project.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't know that listings that smack of a flip would be taken down, but I am glad for it. It makes me feel better about buying pieces listed here. I guess it shouldn't matter; if I am willing to pay the price then it's a fair sale, but the idea of buying a flip turns me off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results