shape
carat
color
clarity

Apatite Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aries2

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Can anyone give me any information about the stone Apatite?
Does it wear well in jewelry?
Would it be suitable for a ring or more suited toward earrings or pendant?
What are common treatments found in apatite?
The brilliant blue of some stones I''ve seen is very stunning, is the stone naturally blue, or treated to become blue?
Does anyone own apatite jewelry, if so, how do you like it?
How does the cost compare with other blue stones like aquamarine or tourmaline?
Where is a reliable place (online) to purchase it?
Any information would be appreciated. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure that this is a good stone for me to purchase. I really love blue stones but have been unable to find an auqamarine with the color saturation that I''m looking for so I''ve decided to consider other options.
Thanks for your help!! : )

bjpayne

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

There is no doubt that Apatite has great color. It is soft, however, and more suited to use in earrings and pendants. Once you find a jeweler who is comfortable setting the stone and it is safely in a mounting, you should get years of use out of a piece of Apatite jewelry.

The neon blue color which is so attractive is a treated color. Heat is used to achieve this color, though Apatite does come in quite a range and can naturally be found in yellows, greens and even light purple shades.

Best of luck!
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results