shape
carat
color
clarity

Anything less expensive in U.K. than it is in the US?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, you went to Kiki's! What was it like? We need a lot more photos!

Yeah, $4k for blue topaz is crazy. I have to say though, the workmanship loks incredible. And they do have many items that aren't so cray-cray price-wise! I think the basic Grace items aren't bad, after the VAT refund.

Glad you had fun looking!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, you went to Kiki's! What was it like? We need a lot more photos!

Yeah, $4k for blue topaz is crazy. I have to say though, the workmanship loks incredible. And they do have many items that aren't so cray-cray price-wise! I think the basic Grace items aren't bad, after the VAT refund.

Glad you had fun looking!

I’m a terrible PSer and didn’t take many pictures! Everything was very nice but I find it quite galling to ask so much for inexpensive stones in gold. A lot of their stuff looked very, very similar to Blue Nile’s gemstone jewelry except four times the price, so if I want anything like that I will just go to Blue Nile. I am sure their workmanship will be good enough for what I require for topaz or citrine.

I actually haven’t ended up buying anything expensive yet except for antique books. There’s just not been anything I wanted enough! Except for the antique books. The shops here have such a treasure trove. I kept having to ask for ladders to climb way up to the tippy-top to examine all of them. We are going home soon so we already took all the books to the post office to be shipped home... no way was I lugging those around in my suitcase!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To update -

I was trying to buy the Cartier clash ring but Heathrow was sold out and apparently most boutiques are currently! Then the things I wanted at Hermes were not available in my size at Heathrow. BUT the Gucci bee and star loafers in black were available in my size. I kept wanting them but I have them in ivory and then the plain Gucci loafer in black and so I wasn't buying them because they seemed too close to things I already have. But given the opportunity to save over $300 on them, I couldn't say no! I may sell my plain loafers though because I just don't ever wear them... I prefer really Extra shoes and always have, so plain black is just not my style.

I also looked at the Max Mara coats but wasn't as thrilled with them as I thought I'd be. The store didn't have the one I had liked online.

So shoes and a pile of old books, plus some random smaller things. I was rather impressed with the quality of the Marks and Spencer blazer I got for the price I paid.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VPN?

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Virtual proxy network, used to mask your physical location while browsing the internet. That way you can appear to be in a different country. I use it to watch tv and films only available in certain countries, other use it to circumvent blocks imposed by less than liberal governments, and some use it for nefarious reasons, so as not to get caught.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:doh:Of course it is @Alex T. I should pay more attention:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results