shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone willing to show me their curly hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
cellososweet - I think your hair in that picture is gorgeous!! That does look great for having been that way all day and night! But those tight curls are so pretty! Just wanted to say I think you look pretty there - the haircut is great too.
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
This is me about 5 years ago... wish I knew what product I was using then, because it seems to be working well. I had half of it tied back. Looks like someone, my roommates I guess, used a curling iron on my bangs, because they just never work with me at all, but they apparently did here.

2004-4-21 075 e.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
And this was the same year, but all down and all natural - no curling iron, just product - I honestly can''t remember what I was using, but I wish I could. It looks a lot better here (and is longer) than what I have now.

2004-2-17 003 e 2.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
This is me once I learned what a flat iron was and how to use it. And how to get a haircut. Although I still don''t do it now as often as needed, as I''m growing it out. But this was a good day. On bad days (aka HUMID days) imagine a mix between this and the curly ones... not on purpose.
15.gif

P1010047 e.JPG

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks strawberries! You have lovely hair as well.

And hoof, you think that is short? Holy cow, get a load of this. This is when I first got it cut (butchered). I went to this swanky salon where the receptionist assured me that they had a stylist who was good with curly hair because she was a curly-q herself. I should''ve ran when I first saw her. I ended up getting the exact same cut she had. I call it the mushroom-tip look. I actually referred to my head as a penis for most of the fall last year, saying every day that I had to go style the rooster. I think I made do pretty well. Haha.

Don''t be afraid to go short. It grows :)

shiny do 4.JPG

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
oh and about wanting straight hair? Not any more.

I went through this whole psycho self-loathing period that lasted years and was intensified by being bi-racial in a not so bi-racial friendly area. I got my first relaxer when I was 8. 8! Bless my Mum''s heart. She''s polynesian and english/dutch and has beautiful, thick slight wavy (albeit coarse) hair. It''s easy to manage and she had no idea what she was doing. I think it was a heck of a lot more curly when I was a kid as well.

Then I spent the next 15 years blow drying, using curling irons, rollers, etc. God help me I found a straightening iron when I was in high school and that was the beginning of the end. I straightened for years! And even though I liked the look at the time and felt like I "fit in," I was always pissed because I couldn''t go swimming without fear of looking like an idiot, rainy days were a total b*tch, and I''d seriously be upset if it ever got humid (which it did. All. . . the. . . time).

Now, I love my hair. I wake up in the morning, take a shower, condition to the max, pop in some gel on my sopping wet ''do, wrap it in a t-shirt while I do my make-up, take it off, and then skip out the door looking a bit like a peanut-head. Fast forward an hour and I flip my head over, scrunch out the crunch if I''ve gone over-board and gently toussle the roots for volume. Voila. I''ve spent 5 minutes on my hair all day and it''s wonderful. I can enjoy sunshine, the beach, snow, rain. Anything I want. :)

Love it!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
cushion, your hair is lovely. Even though I can''t see your face, you look like you have the exact same face shape as Halle Berry. You must be a stunner :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, strawberries and cellososweet -- you are so kind...and you are both very pretty, too! I can guarantee you I do NOT look like Halle... I wish!! Strawberries -- I love your hair color! Straight or curly, I''m a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results