shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watching the stock market today?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think? Will you buy, sell or do nothing? I admit, I bought some Starbucks stock just at the close. I have some already and I have been watching it go down anyway lately. I have made some quick $$ buy just buying when it goes down like that and selling out fast. I have a long term stake but I have a bit of a gambler in me so it is kind of fun sometimes. The other one I play around with is Whole Foods. I really love Starbucks and Whole Foods so I feel good about buying their stock for more than just the $$.

I watched CNBC for a while and all the ''experts'' said that the correction will continue for a while before bouncing back. I have been watching CNBC off and on for years and their are always these so called experts who tell you which way the market will go.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allisonfaye, I was in a quarterly board meeting all day and when I came out I was like WOAH!!! Especially since I just made my annual SEP investment YESTERDAY...
8.gif
. Well, that should have been my sign--Dee buys, the market goes down, LOL.

As for what to do, honestly, I''m sitting tight. One day''s worth (or even one week''s or one month''s worth) of a *bad* market is a blip on the radar in a life long investment program. And I can''t even consider this a *bad* day in the market because it provides an opportunity for my portfolio mangers to buy some things that they might not have bought otherwise because the price was too high, so it might turn out to be a *good* day in the long run.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doing nothing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have stock from years ago that i never even check...who knows what it's done at this point with all the ups and downs in the market.

i remember though when red hat went down to $2 and i was like gosh i should buy some....i already have some. well i didn't and it went to like $29 or $30 recently...over a few years, a slow climb. i was like DARN.

right now i'll probably do nothing. it's way too risky for me to play with it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
doing nothing for us too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The china market crashed by 9% and the US economy is slowing. I am holding, am a long term investor. I grew up with a father that was a money manager, and then married one. So am used to these corrections. Have to say, it's a roller coaster sometimes, but nothing was as bad as the crash of '88 when I was pregnant with Ash. That sucked.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I view this as a great time to buy. I am in the market for the long haul also, so am not too concerned about it.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Holding for us, too. I was just considering selling some, but, I''ll wait it out a bit. Maybe I should use the tax return and buy instead.

blingless

Rough_Rock
I sold everything and locked in before 12:00 so I missed about 50% of the drop. I''ll go bargain hunting when it bottoms out or start shorting if it looks like we are actually going into the recession that everyone has been predicting and Greenspan mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results