shape
carat
color
clarity

ANyone watch Wife Swap last night?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that woman from New Jersey was quite possibly the most foul, disgusting excuse for a human being I have ever seen. She was uncouth, raunchy, and just plain rude!!!! Thoughts?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I know she was a major train wreck! And she looked older than her husband. I wonder what she will think when she sees herself on TV!

The other hippie mom was weird too, but tolerable. What I was wondering was if the hippie couple lived in that cabin with no electricity, then
how did they know to apply to Wife Swap? No power = no TV

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I was stunned by how rude she was. I love that people who talk about how classy they are always tend to be the the least. I found the other family to be odd, but refreshing. The children seemed very well behaved and bright.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I only caught the last 15-20 minutes of the show but from what I watched she was awful. I liked when her husband told her she was making an arse of herself ranting about donating clothing.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
No, but now I want to, Tuckins! How long does it take abc.go.com to get episodes online???

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, yes!

That Jersey wife had SERIOUS issues...she''s clearly addicted to plastic surgery and I have never seen anyone so shallow in my entire life.

I couldn''t believe when she said that the other family was poor so what could they possibly be thankful for....

And what''s weird was that she was completely stuck in the 80s and wasn''t even fashionable at all. Plus it wasn''t like she earned any of the money she spent so I just didn''t get her attitude. The whole time I was thinking that this had to be a joke but by the end I realized she is just a very sick woman...

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
THANK YOU!!! I don''t watch this show often but caught it last night. She didn''t even seem like a real person to me. I can''t imagine anyone being so selfish and shallow. I also thought it was really mean when she told the other mother she was ugly. Who comes out and says that to someone? Unreal.

I wonder how she thought when she saw herself on tv. She probably loved it being so arrogant and full of herself.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 1:48:06 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
No, but now I want to, Tuckins! How long does it take abc.go.com to get episodes online???

You can probably find it now... It''s the one from 4-17-09 (obviously) I think the names are Borroughs and Hickman.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 2:11:01 PM
Author: lucyandroger
OMG, yes!

That Jersey wife had SERIOUS issues...she''s clearly addicted to plastic surgery and I have never seen anyone so shallow in my entire life.

I couldn''t believe when she said that the other family was poor so what could they possibly be thankful for....

And what''s weird was that she was completely stuck in the 80s and wasn''t even fashionable at all. Plus it wasn''t like she earned any of the money she spent so I just didn''t get her attitude. The whole time I was thinking that this had to be a joke but by the end I realized she is just a very sick woman...

Yeah, VERY materialistic. What kills me is that she was soooooo proud of her diamond ring- Did you get a look at it?!? Yuck!
14.gif

Even Mr Tuckins thought it looked like rock salt!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Do we really think this series is for real???!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see this episode but I am having a hard time believing these are for real. It always seems the husbands are so hostile and refuse to follow the new rules. Don''t they agree on this all ahead of time? Some of the husbands act like they are purposely trying to give the new wife a hard time. Wouldn''t you think if the family agreed to do the show they''d play by the rules? Especially since it gets watched by millions.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only seen the show twice, (and neither episode was the one being discussed here) so I am by NO MEANS any expert
2.gif
but in both of the shows I watched, the two couples were each *one very wealthy* and *one lower middle class*, and each of the episodes seemed like it really exploited the LMC families; I just hated that! Their teeth weren''t so good, their hair and homes not so stylish, each wife was heavier, etc., whereas the wealthy couples were both VERY attractive, the wives slim, and very stylish. It was just all about the "haves" and the "have nots", and all I have to say is that I sincerely hope that this show isn''t really for real!!!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Some things may be staged but I think most of it is real. I bet CPS gets a bunch of calls for some families.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, she was the worst person I''ve seen on the show. Calling the other couple "losers". As far as I could tell she doesn''t do anything productive herself.

And at the end it didn''t look like she intended to change.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
All FI could say is "that guy is so whooped!"

I take it that if I ever decided to get snooby, he''d probably not be too happy with it lol

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 3:45:38 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Date: 4/18/2009 2:11:01 PM

Author: lucyandroger

OMG, yes!

Yeah, VERY materialistic. What kills me is that she was soooooo proud of her diamond ring- Did you get a look at it?!? Yuck!
14.gif

Even Mr Tuckins thought it looked like rock salt!!

HAHA...YES!!! It was HIDEOUS
32.gif
32.gif

I loved how she said she would never accept a small ring....but apparently she''ll accept the ugliest ring on earth. They barely looked like diamonds.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I am sorry that I missed it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 6:18:00 PM
Author: Lynn B
Do we really think this series is for real???!!!
I don''t believe that any reality tv show is truly "real." I think they take character traits of participants and turn them into caricatures for the purposes of the show. I still find it facinating because it''s so exteme.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results