shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watch Bling Empire on Netflix?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone watch Bling Empire on Netflix? What do you think of the show and the bling?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was going to post about this on Monday! It’s so over the top. The bling in the first episode was amazing! I didn’t feel well on Monday and binged 4 episodes. Less focus on the bling in episodes 2+, I think.

I live a very regular life so I can’t imagine that lifestyle. It is a pretty one, though!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Yes! It is that show you cannot look away from. I started it when my husband was watching his show downstairs. He walked in and asked wth I was watching, making fun. Within 10 minutes he was hooked too!

Hoping there is a season 2. Andrew needs a lot of help!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Andrew does need a lot of help!

I have a couple more episodes to watch and will probably find time this weekend. My husband thought it was silly so I’m a solo viewer on this one!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been enjoying it a lot! I fast forward through all of the Andrew stuff. He annoys me.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
I just started watching it today. Not surprised at the obscene display of wealth and egos.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I binge watched it last weekend, did I miss something, in what way does Andrew need help?

Anna Shay....interesting character, I don’t think she is listing her true age of 40-50. Asians in that age do not look as frail as she does.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I binge watched it last weekend, did I miss something, in what way does Andrew need help?

Anna Shay....interesting character, I don’t think she is listing her true age of 40-50. Asians in that age do not look as frail as she does.

His out temper in Paris was over the top in my opinion. Controlling and extremely manipulative.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and new online search this week reveals that Anna Shay is 60. Last week when I did a search, the guesses were that she was 40-50, and that didn’t seem possible because she kind of acts like an older frail senior

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I binge watched the entire season. Anna is my favorite because she is down to earth, while Kane and Kevin seem like really good people/friends. Is it just me, or does it seem like their houses aren't as nice as I would have expected and that maybe they aren't that wealthy? I tend to think the crazy rich would be less materialistic and not name drop as much, but that wouldn't be as entertaining for TV!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just discovered it. Yeah, entertaining to watch some enviable OTP bling flashing before my eyes. The question I ask, "who actually buys some of this stuff?" is answered when I watch the show. Cherie is actually very sweet. I'm cheering for her and Jessey. Andrew...cringe...one step away from abusive. Christine...my son stopped and shook his head at her mean comments.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a fun watch and it’s amusing to spot the bling and try to name what house it’s from. The vca pieces are pretty frequent.

I think the show does a good job on character development as the episodes go on. Sure they live extravagant and egocentric lives in many ways but they also have their own struggles and hurts too.

My fav person so far is Kevin’s adoptive mom. Omg so sassy and sweet at the same time. And so supportive!

It must be fun to be friends with a billionaire with such wild spending power! I feel less bad about my jewelry splurges now that’s for sure!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched it. Very entertaining! I love Cherie’s promise ring. I don’t like Christine at all. She seems very competitive and a one upper.
It sort of reminds me Selling Sunset meets Crazy Rich Asians.
I didn’t really pay attention to Crazy Rich Asians when it first came out so I am going to have to rewatch it.

Similar shows include House of Ho (about a rich Vietnamese family in Houston Tx) and Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Just discovered it. Yeah, entertaining to watch some enviable OTP bling flashing before my eyes. The question I ask, "who actually buys some of this stuff?" is answered when I watch the show. Cherie is actually very sweet. I'm cheering for her and Jessey. Andrew...cringe...one step away from abusive. Christine...my son stopped and shook his head at her mean comments.

I just started watching and I think all of this is spot on!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! It’s fun!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I got through the first episode. Unfortunately they all annoyed me. I really dislike some of the characters - Christine, Andrew and his gf. The one who complained that the government took their money, hello, your husband committed a crime and the money was ill gotten. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously? I'm not entertained. I thought the bling was disappointing, maybe it's more impressive in real life. And I thought Christine looks kinda like Kim Kardashian? The face? Or maybe all heavily made up ladies look similar.

I'm trying to watch a show call Bridgerton. Ooof. Very slow going.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got through the first episode. Unfortunately they all annoyed me. I really dislike some of the characters - Christine, Andrew and his gf. The one who complained that the government took their money, hello, your husband committed a crime and the money was ill gotten. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously? I'm not entertained. I thought the bling was disappointing, maybe it's more impressive in real life. And I thought Christine looks kinda like Kim Kardashian? The face? Or maybe all heavily made up ladies look similar.

I'm trying to watch a show call Bridgerton. Ooof. Very slow going.

OMG so I tried watching Bridgerton last night and so far I hate it. Not sure I am going to continue. I have not yet watched this show and now I am wondering is it going to annoy me the same way Bridgerton has? Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll share mine if I start watching Bling Empire.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anna feels like old money. She doesn't talk about her stuff or money. it's obvious from the way she spends and how the stores cater to her that she is very well off.

Christine feels like she married into money, rather than coming from money. She comes across as somewhat insecure and a need to prove she's super rich now with the way she behaves and need for social validation from her peers.

When I see the 2 of them, I am reminded of that phrase:
"money talks (Christine), wealth whispers." (Anna)

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
I have been binge watching this show too. Anna Shay reminds me of my uncle’s wife. Loved the episode when she went to Paris and had a blast at Boucheron.

Not a fan of Christine. I find her intrusive and vulgar.

Cherie seems sweet and I like watching her two butterfly VCA jewelry.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I was inspired to watch House of Ho after watching Bling Empire. It's definitely a lot more laid back and subtle. They actually come across as wealthy and it's not as over the top.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like eventho they’re certainly rich, I don’t think they all fit as Crazy rich rich. Usually the real crazy rich is more like Ana, they think all those luxury things as a normal thing. My best friend’s parents are rich, she treats her luxury things as a normal everyday wear, when we were in college her monthly spending was aud$30k, not include rent, bill, etc. And she’s still not fit into crazy rich asian category :lol-2:. She never talk about her belongings like Christine did. When I asked her, she told me, they wear those things since elementary school. When she was in elementary her classmates got credit cards (this was 90s!). I feel like this show doesn’t really fit to be crazy rich asian standard.....
Oh, I fly with SingaporeAir Suites couple years ago (thanks to redeeming mileage). A stewards told me, some rich HKers nannies even hold SingaporeAir Solitaire membership because they flew first class all the time, and he saw a nanny have big diamond ring, she said it was given by the boss :lol-2::lol-2:. Came from Asia myself, I saw a lot of people in my country flew their nannies in business class (you’ll be surprised of how many) but they’re still not in crazy rich asian range yet.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and Kane said Kim Lee was paid $50k-ish per show for her DJing. In the country I was from, where everything is cheap (you can get a meal for less than $1), in my brother’s wedding 5yrs ago my parents paid one of the top singer in the country to perform in my brother’s wedding about usd$30k-ish. About similar with Kim lee if looking at cost of living and after tax. And that singer can’t be categorized as crazy rich. But I think the real crazy rich won’t be willing to be on the show =)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and Kane said Kim Lee was paid $50k-ish per show for her DJing. In the country I was from, where everything is cheap (you can get a meal for less than $1), in my brother’s wedding 5yrs ago my parents paid one of the top singer in the country to perform in my brother’s wedding about usd$30k-ish. About similar with Kim lee if looking at cost of living and after tax. And that singer can’t be categorized as crazy rich. But I think the real crazy rich won’t be willing to be on the show =)2

Agreed.

The crazy rich tend to be discreet about their wealth.

I am enjoying the show though - not so much the storyline, more to ogle the bling.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I just started on episode one. I still am learning names, so I’m at the part where that woman’s BF is screaming at her for going shipping without him in Paris.

And the half Russian lady said, “there ain’t no d*** that good.” Lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrew, no doubt, has borderline personality disorder (IMO) and there is no way their relationship will ever be healthy.

With him, feelings equal facts and he is recreating childhood abuse, trauma, abandonment and neglect in his current relationships.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think Anna is a pill popper? I LOVE her, don’t get me wrong.

DH and I can’t figure out her flat afect and low energy, stringy hair...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG so I tried watching Bridgerton last night and so far I hate it. Not sure I am going to continue. I have not yet watched this show and now I am wondering is it going to annoy me the same way Bridgerton has? Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll share mine if I start watching Bling Empire.

Its a major snore all right

I tried this bling empire thing too but i think i might just use it for jewlery eye candy and turn off the sound
Its not my cup of tea either

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what the heck is wrong with Jesse? He made a family with Cherie and yet he is so wishy washy he can’t bring himself to propose to her?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started watching it because of this thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results