shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone used chinese herbs ?

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I am not Chinese but like to explore alternative medicine . Any experience with the herbal formula "ming mu di huaan wan " for eye problems like dryness/blurriness/floaters ?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asian here with lots of Chinese friends

My friends are split in regards to this. Half swear by Chinese medicine and take it religiously for everything. They think it works and is more gentle than Western medicine.

The other half argue that it's unregulated and produced in China so goodness knows what is in it. Do you really want to drink unregulated substances from China?

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Mellowyellowgirl
Actually I am ordering chinese herbs from US based sellers .

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
My 3 kids grew up eating Chinese medicine. It worked for everything like viral fever, asthma to stomach flu. For me, I eat whenever I have sore throat (I am anti -antibiotics) BUT I won’t get any medicine over the counter or online especially those made in China. I only trust medicine prescribed by any Chinese doctor registered with the authorized association in my country.
It’s really not uncommon to read news of such medicines containing banned substances.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are these US sellers sourcing their herbs domestically?

I grew up taking Chinese herbal medicines. A family friend is an herbalist so my mom took me to see him whenever I got sick. I drank a loooooooooot of bitter herbal teas.

I’m glad my mom went this route considering the number of OTC cold meds that have been recalled over the years. Maybe the herbs worked, or maybe it was a placebo effect, but as long as they weren’t treated with harmful chemicals then I don’t see the downside.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I searched and found some companies that are US based and have quality assurance like active herb and Min shan . I see they have small pills called tea pills . but I was wondering why is the dosage a large amount of those pills ? like 6 or 8 , three times daily ?

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asian here with lots of Chinese friends

My friends are split in regards to this. Half swear by Chinese medicine and take it religiously for everything. They think it works and is more gentle than Western medicine.

The other half argue that it's unregulated and produced in China so goodness knows what is in it. Do you really want to drink unregulated substances from China?
Aren't they all from China?. :confused: . I haven't drank 'FOO CHA" in many yrs.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
It's not a Chinese herb per se but I sometimes get floaters and taking bilberry supplements seems to help with that...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not a Chinese herb per se but I sometimes get floaters and taking bilberry supplements seems to help with that...
When you say floaters, I'm assuming you mean floaters in your vision and not the floaters that won't flush away? :???: :lol: lol

I have terrible floaters in my vision, they're really annoying! It's not anything serious, fortunately, it just seems like I have a lot of them on the surface of the eye, which move around when I move my eyes. If bilberry supplements help, I might have to give them a go.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Lysimachia for gall bladder stones. That was an unfortunate side effect of weight loss and it has worked wonderfully. I keep Yunnan Baiyao on hand for bleeding. I am accident prone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results