shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone use lip plumper?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I have pretty full lips naturally, but I just found the sephora website and I am ordering a bunch of stuff to try and thought it would be fun. Do they work? I am trying to decide between the duwop and the city lips brand.
I am also ordering the Nars Love Set, as I have always wanted to try the Orgasm blush I have heard so many rave about.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
The Nars blush I wear all the time, I really like it.

The Lip plumpers, well, I don''t think they work. JMHO.
Any plumping is very temporary. If it works for you, let us know!!

swl

Shiny_Rock
DuWop does work, but it stinks like crazy! it made my lips really red and full in a bad way
40.gif
If you have natural full lips, i would recommend a super glossy clear gloss, and dust some highlight shimmer powder on your cupid''s bow
26.gif

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls...I had a feeling I might not like the tingly feel. Maybe I will just stick with the gloss. The city lips is supposed to have less tingle, so if I try it out, I will post a review. We should have a beauty section on this board!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I know it''s totally cheapy-cheap and not in the same league as anything from Sephora, but e.l.f. actually makes a really good lip plumper/gloss combo. I fell for that email chain letter about the Nordstrom makeup and bought a ton of their makeup, and while I don''t really like most of it, the lip plumper is good and it tastes like mint.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I wear a lip plumping gloss - but no, it''s not going to work miracles and make thin lips full. I don''t really notice a difference, but DH just said that he thinks that my lips do look fuller with my gloss on, so who knows. I just kinda like the tingle and I like the consistency (I wear BE Buxom Lips from Sephora - I highly, highly recommend the color Candi).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always had really full lips (so much so that my childhood nickname is "mouth"--let''s just say it took a while to grow into them) so as a gag gift my friends bought me that Lip Venom product a few years back.

I tried it just for fun. It tingled like crazy, but my lips didn''t look bigger at all.

I will say that I felt sexier with my lips being on fire, though. Don''t know why.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
The lip plumping glosses work by using a cinnamon extract that basically irritates your lips and makes them look fuller. I have used many of them (different brands) and actually found that they make my lips red around the outside and I look like a goof! If your lips are naturally plumper already, I would skip them and just get regular lip gloss.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Lip plumpers make my lips feel tingly which makes me feel like it''s working, but in all honesty I can''t say I ever really noticed a visual difference.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for the replys...have any of you actually used City Lips? Apparently it doesn''t contain the cinnamon like other lip plumpers, and is the only one proven to work. The pics look pretty tempting. It is sold at shoppers drug mart here, so I will probably give it a try just for the heck of it!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Lol Haven
9.gif
I kind of had the same thing. A pout and big chiclet teeth. I like them now, but I had to "grow" into them too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 9:19:11 PM
Author: swl
DuWop does work, but it stinks like crazy! it made my lips really red and full in a bad way
40.gif
If you have natural full lips, i would recommend a super glossy clear gloss, and dust some highlight shimmer powder on your cupid's bow
26.gif
None of the lip plumpers have worked for me. . .my lips are naturally very pigmented as a soft berry color and *all* of the lip plumpers turn them orange! It's very bizarre and unflattering. Like Haven was saying, having your lips tingle can make you feel sexier, but (for me) only if the lights are off. My DH is color blind, though, so even with the lights on, I'm not sure if he'd even notice
3.gif

Have you ordered your stuff yet, Niccia? Nars Orgasm works well, but it's super glittery and if you have big pores, it'll make them look enormous! Cargo makes "the Big Easy," which is a slightly less glittery version of Orgasm. Even better yet, is Cargo "Tonga." It's a soft peachy brown that works well as a neutral. . .kind of depends upon your skin tone, but I find it works well for me as it's more on the matte side. It adds color, but doesn't emphasize any imperfections.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, MC
35.gif
I haven''t ordered yet. I didn''t know it was shimmery. I usually use Lancome Pink Pool, which is also sort of shimmery but I never really notice it. It is quite pink in the package, but if applied lightly, is pretty on (very blushy). I also like their Sheer Amourose, which is sort of the same but without the shimmer. I have light skin with pinkish undertones, so maybe I should avoid the Orgasm all together. All the rave reviews made me want to try it, but maybe I will check out some of the other colors instead.

swl

Shiny_Rock
they just came out with *super orgasm* lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:04:11 AM
Author: niccia
Thanks, MC
35.gif
I haven''t ordered yet. I didn''t know it was shimmery. I usually use Lancome Pink Pool, which is also sort of shimmery but I never really notice it. It is quite pink in the package, but if applied lightly, is pretty on (very blushy). I also like their Sheer Amourose, which is sort of the same but without the shimmer. I have light skin with pinkish undertones, so maybe I should avoid the Orgasm all together. All the rave reviews made me want to try it, but maybe I will check out some of the other colors instead.
Sephora has the best return policy of all stores, even better than Nordstrom. . .they take anything back (even if you don''t have the box or receipt), so if you''re aching to try Orgasm, you might as well go for it and see what you think and return it if need be (they give you a slip for free return USPS shipping). Light skin w/pinkish undertones will look flattering with Orgasm on as long as you have small pores. That''s mostly the issue, not so much the color itself, so that is what to consider.

FWIW, I own over 50 blushes (yes, very shameful of me) and I do think that matte blushes are the best for the majority of complexions. To jazz various matte colors, on nights when you''re out on the town, you can use Guelain Meteorites to add a hint of sparkle, yet control the over all glittery effect. . .

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0733&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1132

Which blush brush are you using? A good one is mandatory!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I have a Jane Iredale blush brush which I need to replace pretty soon. I will probably do that when I order the other stuff. I do have small pores, but I am now thinking I might prefer a matte blush too. Oh, and over 50 blushes??? Can I come over to play at your house ?
9.gif

Swl: I will have to check out this *super orgasm* ! The name alone is intriguing!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
If by "working" you mean your lips sting like an arm that has fallen asleep and then violently attacked by the skin prickles, then I guess so... but visually, I never notice a difference. I thought it was a waste of $$$. Hope you have different results.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have naturally full lips, I tried the plumpers just to see what they would do but nothing....

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have tried all of those brands, and I think that the Sovage Lip Plumper is the best. Orgasm blush is also great.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I like LipVenom. It''s only temporary, but I don''t mind the sting and if I''m going to put gloss on anyway before going out, I might as well plump my lips a little bit while I''m at it.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The SOvage that I like lasts a couple of hours.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
http://www.citycosmetics.com/

This is the one I am going to try, only because I can buy it right here instead of online. If I don''t like it, I will give some of the other suggestions a try. Even if it doesn''t make my lips bigger, it seems like it might smooth them out and condition them a bit.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''ve tried Lip Venom, but couldn''t stand the tingling! It stopped hurting after a couple hours, but I didn''t see a difference in lip fullness.

I''ve also used Clinique''s "Full Potential" lip gloss, which didn''t sting and I swear my lips looked a little bit plumper. But not strikingly so.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have the lip venom too.

I have to be very careful when I apply it; not to go over the lip line top/bottom as if it goes over, it stings my face or tongue!!! The tingle is a bit crap too.

It gives my lips a lovely plump and looks (IMHO) very sexual and a bit pink too!

Not for every day.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Well I bought two lip plumpers : City Lips and Neostrata Anti-wrinkle lip enhancer. The Neostrata is about $35 CAD...it comes in a tiny tube and smells like carmex. The smell turned me off, as did the consistency (very thin, seems to fall right off). I noticed an immediate burning sensation with the neostrata, and my lips just looked a bit wet. No real plumping, so I took that one back, even though it has a cumulative effect and may have worked after awhile.
City Lips is much thicker. I bought Tinsel Town which is the perfect clear-pink shade with lots of shimmer. It sticks much better without being sticky and I like the color a lot just as a gloss. It has a very mild tingle and smells like vanilla very midly. I did notice a subtle plumping...not as much as I was hoping for but still a bit. It is supposed to increase over time so we shall see. My lips feel plumper because of the tingle and I like that feeling. So I am going to hold onto this one. You are supposed to apply the clear one at night, but I am not going to bother because it is already pretty pricy ($45 CAD).
1.gif

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Just an update for anyone who is interested in City Lips...I have been using it for two weeks now and I love it! My lips are noticeably more plumper now, even when I am not wearing it. It fills out all the little lines and my lips are so much softer. I am going to go buy some more shades, and possibly the clear one for the night treatment. The weird thing is I don''t notice a tingling now. I love how long it stays on the lips as well.
I also tried Clinique Full Potential Lip plumper, but I don''t notice much from that one (I might have not worn it enough). It has a nice consistency too, but my favorite is definitely rhe City.
emlips.gif
emteeth.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 8:26:59 PM
Author: niccia
Just an update for anyone who is interested in City Lips...I have been using it for two weeks now and I love it! My lips are noticeably more plumper now, even when I am not wearing it. It fills out all the little lines and my lips are so much softer. I am going to go buy some more shades, and possibly the clear one for the night treatment. The weird thing is I don''t notice a tingling now. I love how long it stays on the lips as well.
I also tried Clinique Full Potential Lip plumper, but I don''t notice much from that one (I might have not worn it enough). It has a nice consistency too, but my favorite is definitely rhe City.
emlips.gif
emteeth.gif
Good to know, thanks for the update!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I super puffy heart Nars makeup, especially the Orgasm/bronzer duo...I wear it every day and love it. And MC, I have larger pores and I really don''t feel like the shimmer in the orgasm part makes my pores look bigger? Maybe my pores aren''t as huge as I think they are.

I''m with the other posters who said that lip plumpers make their lips feel tingly. I have lips that are definitely on the full side but have tried physician''s formula lip gloss with plumper and couldn''t stand wearing it once the tingling started. I much prefer a good gloss and just leave it at that.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Monarch, the City doesn''t have any drying or irritating ingredients in it, so the initial tingling was very subtle and now I can''t feel it at all. I know what you mean though...I tried the neotrata one and it had menthol in it. Yuck and ouch!
I haven''t ordered the Nars stuff yet, but I still plan to. I use Lancome Pink pool blusher and I don''t think the shimmer in it makes my pores look too bad either. Having said that, I just got glasses to correct my astigmatism and my pores are slightly larger than I was aware of - I just keep them off when I am looking in the mirror now lol
emcrook.gif

My lips are also quite full already, but I just like how puffy and soft the plumper makes them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results