shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone use Creme de la Mer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been using the original creme for 3 weeks now and it is excellent. I am wondering which of the other products in the range are worthwhile, I have been reading the reviews on some but would be interested to hear from any PSers that use CdlM products, which ones and if they are keepers or not, I can't get samples as there isn't a counter closeby and as they are so expensive I am trying to get as much info as possible before I choose which ones to buy.

TIA.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, I think I remember Mara mentioning that she used La Mer products and that she got samples on eBay...I know she''s not around much anymore but maybe she''ll chime in with her wisdom here.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 9:20:57 AM
Author: monarch64
Lorelei, I think I remember Mara mentioning that she used La Mer products and that she got samples on eBay...I know she's not around much anymore but maybe she'll chime in with her wisdom here.
9.gif
Thanks Mon, I think she did and she didn't like the creme much as she found it too heavy for her if I remember rightly. I have to tell you though with the creme my skin hasn't felt or looked so good in years so I can see why it has such a devoted following! Shame about the price!
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've used it and liked it very much. I am partial to "cremes" vs lotions and didn't mind it overpowering. Scent reminded me of "nivea"...... Sorry, so idea about any other products in their line....

cheers--Sharon

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I also use the cream and I love it. The only other product I have tried is the eye cream, which I also love. I''d love to try other products but they''re so pricy I am afraid to spend money for something I might hate.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 10:23:40 AM
Author: NovemberBride
Lorelei, I also use the cream and I love it. The only other product I have tried is the eye cream, which I also love. I'd love to try other products but they're so pricy I am afraid to spend money for something I might hate.
Thanks Sharon and NB!!

Novs, that is my concern also, the creme rocks and I would like to try some of the other things but as you say they are so expensive. I know they give you 2 weeks to try something out to see if you like it and will take it back if you aren't happy but I always think you need a bit longer to see if you get the desired results - plus they always tell you to apply the original creme over the eye cream which makes me wonder, do I need an eye cream too....Is it the eye balm you use or the concentrate with the silver wand?

I have ordered the exfoliator with * cough* ground diamonds in it, so I will let you know how that is. It should have arrived today but the couriers wouldn't drive as we had a little snow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 9:28:07 AM
Author: Lorelei

Lorelei, I think I remember Mara mentioning that she used La Mer products and that she got samples on eBay...I know she''s not around much anymore but maybe she''ll chime in with her wisdom here.
9.gif
Thanks Mon, I think she did and she didn''t like the creme much as she found it too heavy for her if I remember rightly. I have to tell you though with the creme my skin hasn''t felt or looked so good in years so I can see why it has such a devoted following! Shame about the price!
39.gif
Eeeeek! Your invisible emoticon just jumped out of nowhere and skeeeeered me!!!
23.gif
LOL!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 11:59:43 AM

Date: 2/5/2009 9:28:07 AM

9.gif
Thanks Mon, I think she did and she didn''t like the creme much as she found it too heavy for her if I remember rightly. I have to tell you though with the creme my skin hasn''t felt or looked so good in years so I can see why it has such a devoted following! Shame about the price!
39.gif
Eeeeek! Your invisible emoticon just jumped out of nowhere and skeeeeered me!!!
23.gif
LOL!!!
Hehehe!!!
face20.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Original cream owner here, but I hardly ever use it because it didn''t really have much of an effect on my particular (still wrinkle-free) skin. From the people with whom I''ve talked about this and really liked the product, it works best on minimizing wrinkles and crepe-y skin, and smokers'' skin tends to respond brilliantly as well.

I recently picked up the new La Mer Hydrating Infusion, however, to help counterbalance the arid Southern California air; it''s pretty good. Of all places, I noticed a significant difference when I tested it on my hands... and after spending so much time on PS and learning to use the macro on my camera to take handshots, ANY youth potions near the bijoux is a worthwhile investment!
2.gif

Oh yeah-- as long as it''s out, I slap some on my face and neck in the mornings as well.
f-d-l

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I am a total La Mer junkie (great for my skin, terrible for my wallet!). I use the Gel de la Mer for my face and it is fantastic! I have combination acne-prone skin (I am 26, shouldn''t I not be getting acne anymore?!) and it did not make me break out and has a really light texture. I have been using it for about a year. My wonderful SA at Neiman Marcus gave me some deluxe samples of the original creme but it is too heavy for my skin. I also use the Eye Concentrate and hand treatment. The eye concentrate is good for puffiness under my eyes. The hand treatment is also really light and not greasy, but hydrates the skin on my hands pretty well. I really love all the products I have used so far!

Hope my rambling was of some help to you!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Fleur, I was mulling over the infusion so good to know!!

Labrat - indeed your post was helpful thanks! I have had a sample of the eye concentrate and liked it but I cringe at the price, I wish they would do smaller sizes.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
The lip balm and the cream! I don''t use the cream as a daily moisturiser as it is too heavy for my climate. However, the creme is an excellent healing creme and a little dab on a scratch or a little cut, it speeds up the healing by a lot. I also use it at night occasionally when I feel that my skin needs a little pampering.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 2:00:19 PM
Author: simplysplendid
The lip balm and the cream! I don''t use the cream as a daily moisturiser as it is too heavy for my climate. However, the creme is an excellent healing creme and a little dab on a scratch or a little cut, it speeds up the healing by a lot. I also use it at night occasionally when I feel that my skin needs a little pampering.
Thanks sweets!!! From my research it seems the creme is very popular!

I received the refining facial today, very good and my skin is as soft as silk! Very expensive for an exfoliator though but you only need a tiny bit.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 10:26:54 AM

Thanks Sharon and NB!!

Novs, that is my concern also, the creme rocks and I would like to try some of the other things but as you say they are so expensive. I know they give you 2 weeks to try something out to see if you like it and will take it back if you aren''t happy but I always think you need a bit longer to see if you get the desired results - plus they always tell you to apply the original creme over the eye cream which makes me wonder, do I need an eye cream too....Is it the eye balm you use or the concentrate with the silver wand?

I have ordered the exfoliator with * cough* ground diamonds in it, so I will let you know how that is. It should have arrived today but the couriers wouldn''t drive as we had a little snow.
EEEEK!!! Sacrilege! Blasphemy! Lorelei, you should be ASHAMED!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 9:39:35 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
23.gif
23.gif
[:-o

9.gif

Hehe I don''t think they were jewelry-quality diamonds anyway
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date: 2/5/2009 10:26:54 AM

Thanks Sharon and NB!!

Novs, that is my concern also, the creme rocks and I would like to try some of the other things but as you say they are so expensive. I know they give you 2 weeks to try something out to see if you like it and will take it back if you aren''t happy but I always think you need a bit longer to see if you get the desired results - plus they always tell you to apply the original creme over the eye cream which makes me wonder, do I need an eye cream too....Is it the eye balm you use or the concentrate with the silver wand?

I have ordered the exfoliator with * cough* ground diamonds in it, so I will let you know how that is. It should have arrived today but the couriers wouldn''t drive as we had a little snow.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

9.gif
LOL!!!!!!

They make a jolly good exfoliator......
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 11:49:25 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

23.gif
23.gif

9.gif

2.gif
Say it ain''t so!!
39.gif
I don''t want frozen spit diamonds on my face!!!!
31.gif
28.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 10:05:09 AM

23.gif
23.gif

9.gif

2.gif
Say it ain''t so!!
39.gif
31.gif
28.gif
LOL! Only a true PSer would be concerned about this!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 6:51:07 PM

Date: 2/7/2009 10:05:09 AM

23.gif
23.gif

9.gif

2.gif
Say it ain''t so!!
39.gif
31.gif
28.gif
LOL! Only a true PSer would be concerned about this!
9.gif
face20.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
You can make your own "Creme de la Mer", ya know!
Seriously, there is a company that provides you the active ingredients
and you can mix to your hearts content. It''s much cheaper and you can
customize your creams, lotions and serums to what your skin needs.

I will be getting some of their products soon, I can''t wait to get into this!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 9:53:19 PM
Author: bebe
You can make your own ''Creme de la Mer'', ya know!
Seriously, there is a company that provides you the active ingredients
and you can mix to your hearts content. It''s much cheaper and you can
customize your creams, lotions and serums to what your skin needs.

I will be getting some of their products soon, I can''t wait to get into this!
Really???? Do tell when you get more info please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results