shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone use "Bumpits" for your hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prinny

Rough_Rock
Ok I must admit that the infomercials are hilarious but one of my best friends swears by these bumpits and always looks so stylish. I have always had very fine and limp hair, so I broke down and bought a pack of these bumpits. They work amazingly well! I don''t use the huge one because I think it looks a little too much. They are so easy to insert because the plastic arrows on top and bottom stick right to hair. I would definitely reccomend to anyone who has very thin/fine hair that wants just a little extra volume.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:03:02 PM
Author: Prinny
Ok I must admit that the infomercials are hilarious but one of my best friends swears by these bumpits and always looks so stylish. I have always had very fine and limp hair, so I broke down and bought a pack of these bumpits. They work amazingly well! I don''t use the huge one because I think it looks a little too much. They are so easy to insert because the plastic arrows on top and bottom stick right to hair. I would definitely reccomend to anyone who has very thin/fine hair that wants just a little extra volume.
So they DO work! Yay! I''m getting me some bumpits.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bum Pits?

It just sounds all wrong!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 1:09:33 PM
Author: Maisie
Bum Pits?

9.gif
It does. Bum....
11.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:10:43 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 3/27/2009 1:09:33 PM

Bum Pits?

9.gif

It does. Bum....
11.gif

HAHAHAHA it does, I am sure it is meant to be read Bump-its but I can''t help thinking about a bum and an arm pit everytime I read it - not pretty.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
I agree that the name is pretty awful, but I think I want one because I can''t get my hair to do this on its own. It is way too thin and fine.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I want one! I guess being from Texas means I like big hair! I wouldn''t use the bigger ones, but a small one would help me out a lot! I tease my hair a bit, and I think these would work!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The name is just SO SO bad! Whoever came up with it should be fired.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 3:25:56 PM
Author: neatfreak
The name is just SO SO bad! Whoever came up with it should be fired.
No kidding. SUCH a grave error in judgement.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:22:08 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I want one! I guess being from Texas means I like big hair! I wouldn''t use the bigger ones, but a small one would help me out a lot! I tease my hair a bit, and I think these would work!
So you would just like a small bum? So would I.
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 6:53:49 PM

So you would just like a small bum? So would I.
9.gif
rotflmao2.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Aside from the horrid name these look interesting. I want to try the minis (since I would never use the larger ones) so I found some on Ebay and ordered them... I guess I will have to report back once I get them.
I am going to try to use them to put up the front of my hair with volume... it is so hard to do this without something to help... even with mass amounts of hairspray.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I will personally pay everyone NOT to put those things in their head. Such a hot mess . . .

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:07:42 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I will personally pay everyone NOT to put those things in their head. Such a hot mess . . .

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh SNAP!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

I take payment in Cash or diamonds
36.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I agree on the name. I was thinking of something not too pleasant!
23.gif

I have super thin, baby fine hair, and not a lot of it. I''d be afraid someone would be able to see the thing and thus an awkward conversation would result. "Hey, you''ve got something in your hair" "...oh, that''s just my bumpit"
25.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love that phrase "hot mess" - no one around here uses it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:34:58 PM
Author: diamondsrock

I love that phrase ''hot mess'' - no one around here uses it!
I do, too. It''s used plenty around here, along with my personal favourite - "looks like he/she was hit with a bag of hot nickels".

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:00:20 PM
Author: movie zombie
gently tease the hair?! i don''t believe there is a gentle way to tease hair! it all goes against the shaft of the hair and has got to damage it.

mz

Ha MZ, gently tease the hair. Remember the 60''s. I used to tease my hair in high school. Some of the pictures posted look like the 60''s.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:23:35 PM
Author: Haven
This look was very ''in'' two school years ago, according to my students, at least. The girls all wore their hair like this. I saw it a lot when I was out in the city, too, so it wasn''t relegated to just the suburbs.
Ha, where I am from(Buffalo) the teens are all way behind the times and are doing this to their hair currently. I laughed my ass off last month when I was at home and saw my sister (17) do something she called the poof. Unfortunately, she would not allow me to take any photos for future blackmail purposes.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:15:03 PM
Author: MC

Date: 3/26/2009 7:26:50 PM
Author: princesss
It just sounds like two unattractive body parts shoved together. I''m afraid. I''m verrrrrrry afraid.
Same here. Every time I see the title of that thread, I think ''armpits.'' Something to boost the volume of arm pit hair!
Yikes... this is what I thought when I saw the thread title, too. I figured something weird (or funny!) must be going on in here
9.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:20:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 3/27/2009 8:34:58 PM
Author: diamondsrock

I love that phrase ''hot mess'' - no one around here uses it!
I do, too. It''s used plenty around here, along with my personal favourite - ''looks like he/she was hit with a bag of hot nickels''.
never heard that one! Lol, I''m laughing right now. There is no cool slang around here!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Since I have curly hair and THICK hair, my hair is big all the time. I hate it. Just putting it in a messy bun looks like there could potentially be seventeen squirrels living in it. If I put a bumpit in my hair I would look like Amy Winehouse.

Anyone want to trade?
7.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard that they don''t stay put very well, so you may have a moving "bump." I''m tempted to try the Bombshell Beauty Poufs...similar concept...

Prinny

Rough_Rock
I am form Texas as well OUpeargirl and so many of my friends do their hair in this style of a poof.

I guess it''s popular withTexas girls in the early to mid twenties yall
emwink.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:15:03 PM
Author: MC
Date: 3/26/2009 7:26:50 PM

Author: princesss

It just sounds like two unattractive body parts shoved together. I''m afraid. I''m verrrrrrry afraid.
Same here. Every time I see the title of that thread, I think ''armpits.'' Something to boost the volume of arm pit hair!

Yes I thought the same!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i thought it was a hair removal product!

as much as i would like a little volume myself, i cannot resort to gadgets. i am confident i would mess it up so badly i would look ridiculous! and i''d be the girl who would be walking along all proud of my glamour ''do and, like, that thing would get caught in a tree branch or something.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
That is way more work than I want to put into my hair on a daily basis. Plus, it reminds me of when I got my hair done for prom and the stylist cut a styrofoam ball in half, pinned it to the top of my head, and pinned the rest of my hair (curled) over it. It was really weird to know that there was some sort of foreign object hiding under my hair. (and yes, this happened in the South)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish this thing was around when I was dressed up as Sarah Palin for Halloween. Would''ve made it a whole lot easier on me!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results