shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone try Uncle Ben''s Bistro Express Brown Rice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to see if this is actually good or bad for me - it is whole grain brown rice that you cook in the microwave for only 2 minutes.

If it isn''t bad, then that is amazing - easy way to get brown rice into my diet more. I''m sure it isn''t as ideal as the real mccoy, but as long as it is only marginally worse, than I''ll keep eating it!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm Guess not...

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I use that product a lot if youre referring to the regular brown rice in orange bags... as long as you don't get any of the others that have all that additive flavoring junk in it. Brown rice is low in fat, sodium etc, drasticaly compare to their mixed counterparts. I don't always have time to make brown rice so I like using it. The only downside is the interesting flavor you may get from it since it comes in a bag premade that needs microwaving. I feel like theres some oil substance keep it preserved. I prefer fresh rice but this works fine for me for now. It can be tought to get at times since stores aounds here sell pretty fast for some reason.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 125 mL (90 g)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calories 130 Calories from Fat 18

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 0g
Protein 2g 4%

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 4%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 13.8% Carbs 73.8%
Protein 6.2%

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Violet! Yeah it was plain, but I have seen the one with chicken flavouring. So plain is okay, chicken is bad? Okay. Got it :)

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Chicken has all the bad additive fats etc. Best to always keep it simple with rice. As soon as they add stuff they blow up in terms of sodium, fat etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results