shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone tried copper jewlery for aches and pains?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i ache all over
its probably the change coming
but also ive worked a lifetime standing all day on concrete floors often doing repeative tasks (tennis elbow back)
i have a sore back. a bad knee and now a crook shoulder plus the tennis elbow
if i were a horse .......

by chance and completly unrelated i ordered a copper necklace (to match a copper wire wrapped pendant)
i have it on right now
i wonder if my neck will go green ?

has anyone tried copper for aches and pains ?
ive seen it advertized over the years for this

thoughts anyone ?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You wrote, "has anyone tried copper for aches and pains ?
ive seen it advertized over the years for this

thoughts anyone ?"

My thoughts, which are worth about what you paid for them:
Have you asked your doctor about wearing copper jewelry to treat aches and pain?

Have I worn copper jewelry when I have aches and pain?
Nope. Why would I?
I believe things for which there is adequate evidence, and I'm not aware of medical evidence that copper relieves aches and pains.
But if you like it, by all means wear and enjoy it if you don't have a skin reaction to it.

Copper is one of the many nutrients our bodies need, in trace amounts.
But we don't get it from wearing copper jewelry.
We get it from food we eat, as listed in the webmed link below.

I only pay attention to what the legitimate medical field has to say about wearing copper jewelry to treat aches and pains.
Wearing copper jewelry as medicine sounds to me like hoohoo. :roll:

I would pay ZERO attention to those trying to make a buck by selling you copper things as medicine, IOW, the advertising you mention.
But like they say, "A sucker is born every minute".

But hey, people vary and a billion people believe a virgin had a baby, so there you go.

Here's a start:

20 seconds on another reputable medicine site, Mayo Clinic, found nothing.
Perhaps more research there, or other reputable medical websites, would find something.
If something is legit it will be found on reputable sources.

mc.png

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't, but someone in my family decided it was the miracle cure at one point some years ago. My mom, two uncles, grandparents, and I forget who all else each wore multiple bracelets and a necklace. I forget how they decided what to wear and how, but they all decided it couldn't hurt to try. They swore by it enough to spread the copper trend. But.....
There are copper bracelets here and there through various drawers. Taken off after some months of swearing they helped. Every person who is still living absolutely swore they had fixed much of the pain and were amazing but decided to quit wearing them and go to meds prescribed by doctors that don't fix the pain. Yeah.....
If the copper really worked, they would still be wearing it.

I see it as being in the same category as the exotic fruit juice that was to cure all inflammation or the pills that one a day will fix all pain. Too good to be true and preying on people desperate to fi d a way to be more comfortable.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I haven't, but I'd happily hand over all my jewelry if it meant I could keep using magnesium spray and my hoka bondi's for the rest of my life. Brought back a quality of life I thought was long gone.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know 2 people that developed long term copper allergies from wearing copper. It took forever for the sores to heal.
I know others that had skin damage but not a long term allergy, it again took a very long time to heal.
Copper + heat + sweat + skin = a very bad combo.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The only DIY I've heard that works is eliminating sugar and sweets, two people I know reported enough arthritis relief to make this a permanent change.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you all for your replies
i just thought it couldnt hurt as i already had the necklace
its winter here so no sweaty heat

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well its been a a week
im about to leave for work and noticed i have a green neck and no time for a 2nd shower
tried scrubbing it with soap and a flannel but that didnt work
might see if i can find my gardener's soap in the wash house somewhere before i jump in the shower tonight

the encklace was black by the day after i put it on so ill clean it up and use it for what it was intended, as a necklace over my alpacca poncho
sigh
still achey
off to the chemist to ask about that spray ...and maybe some soap !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
raced up the street when i got into town (20 min between busses)
dang :lol-2: my man Craig was having a day off -the pleasure of being a one man band =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
serously any ideas for getting the green off my neck
it looks awful. like i dont wash

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
serously any ideas for getting the green off my neck
it looks awful. like i dont wash

Just guessing here. Try some watered down white vinegar with soap? I find white vinegar works for everything. Good luck Daisy!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Skin chemistry varies. I have really dry Caucasian skin and virtually no metals react with it. I used to wear copper jewelry in the late 70s and early 80s just because I liked the color. It never turned green and it took a long time to tarnish, actually. I didn't have many aches and pains back then but I noticed zero medicinal effects from my copper jewelry. lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results