carat
color
clarity

Anyone tried Cassava chips?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
casava.png

The cassava root resembles a sweet potato.
The chips are addicting.

They might seem too crunchy at first bite, but keep going and soon you can't stop.
TJ's has 'em, and these days you can't get many things for $1.99.

chips.png

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've had them. My kids buy all sorts of chips. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I liked them. :roll2: I'm making a TJ run soon, so I'll get some!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FYI I love them, but recently found out that Cassava Flour has a very high lead content. I’m sorry to break it to you. Rotate your chips I guess to avoid eating too much lead. And don’t give it to youngsters.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI I love them, but recently found out that Cassava Flour has a very high lead content. I’m sorry to break it to you. Rotate your chips I guess to avoid eating too much lead. And don’t give it to youngsters.

EEK!
Thanks!
I'll look into that before buying more.

I'm no expert, but I do know that lead is a metal, and I don't think plants can manufacture it.
I assume it comes from contaminated soil in certain locations.
I suspect the amount of lead depends on how much lead was in the soil they are grown in.
But even then, I doubt soil testing is a requirement.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
EEK!
Thanks!
I'll look into that before buying more.

I'm no expert, but I do know that lead is a metal, and I don't think plants can manufacture it.
I assume it comes from contaminated soil in certain locations.
I suspect the amount of lead depends on how much lead was in the soil they are grown in.
But even then, I doubt soil testing is a requirement.

Hi Kenny, I do not mean to bum you out, it’s really surprising to me also.

I follow this person on Instagram, and she is testing lots of Cassava Flour products so I wanted you to see that most Cassava flours have high amounts of lead which is really a bummer. Children are most affected but even Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour has really high amounts. yikes. So to be careful, I might rotate up your chips.

Apparently Otto’s Mills has a similar crazy lead content. This tester has tested kids’ Cassava products like puffs and found high levels there too, so she recomends avoiding Cassava unless it’s metals tested. Metals are apparently from the soil and affects root vegetables in general.

Last edited:

Kate Bishop

Rough_Rock
I love the Trader Joe's cassava chips. They're a healthy alternative to potato chips and so much more flavorful. Wordle Unlimited

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
before the stupid pandemic i used to buy parsnip chips, they were yum
now they only do a medley and i dont like carrot or beetroot
1716617659893.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results