shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone thinking of proposing to the BF instead of waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
The more and more I think about it the more I just want to do it. He has commented before there''s no reason why women shouldn''t be the ones proposing. I know it would be for a few months but now I''m trying to think of when and where the perfect place would be.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I personally wouldn''t, but I know he is old fashioned that way. I also know I am ready and he needs more time, so he can choose ;-)

Are you planning on doing a ring or present of some kind?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s really sweet, if your guy is on board with it. Let us know if you decide to do this, and tell us what your plans are!

katomm

Shiny_Rock
BF and I are both very non traditional. In his last relationship he asked HER three times and she turned him down. He''s just so jaded by that. I think he needs me to step up and take that pressure off him even though I''ve already told him I want to marry him and would do it right here and now if he was ready. But he''s not ready, he needs a bit more time. I''m thinking once we''ve lived together for 6 months (September) then he will be open to it.

I''ve got a few things in mind:

At the concert we''re going to for his favorite band. He is obsessed with this band (Rabbit in the Moon for those of you that are curious) so I was thinking maybe during one of their breaks or right after.

Or I was going to get tiny glass flat marbles made with little sayings in them, one of them being Will you marry me? and putting them all over the house.

His second love is his boat, a Skeeter bass fishing boat, and we''re on it almost every weekend. I was thinking of doing it in the middle of the lake when we go out once weekend. One of the places I''m thinking of getting married at is the park where the lake is so this would make sense for that reason too.

In October he''s in a pretty big fishing tournament in Georgia (we live in FL) and I''m going along with him. I was thinking of doing it sometime that weekend but it might depend on how well or bad he fishes in the tournament.

thatsthegirl212

Rough_Rock
Maybe I''m a little old fashioned but I think I''m more for waiting until my bf proposes. In my experience it would seem that the woman ready long before the man is ''ready'' and what if he isn''t ready but feels like if he didn''t say yes you''d be upset? Unless of course this has been discussed and he''s ok with it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would do it! But we''re also really into gender equity, etc. so I definitely know he wouldn''t see anything weird about it.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a great idea, especially given his history with the ex. I would caution you against a public proposal though. Even though your BF would be cool with you proposing, he might be a little embarrassed if it happens in front of a bunch of people that may or may not have the same open-mindedness. Just something to think about...

DollyM52

Rough_Rock
I did see my post from earlier today below;

My boyfriend and I met back in grammar school. After 23 + years we found each other again online. One email led to another, and one text to another, and before we knew it we were communicating via telephone. He asked me out, and I agreed. As soon as I saw him again I knew he was the one. It felt so right to have him back in my life. It''s been four months now. I have confessed my love to him, and he has as well. Last night for no reason at all I felt in my heart to ask him a question. I sent him a text message that stated I needed to ask him a question, and that I would need a response within 5 minutes. He says Ok, and then I do it. I send him a text message that says " Will you marry me?" He was shocked, I completely took him by surprise. He did not text back,but instead called me. He thought I was joking. But he said his answer was "Yes". I tried to minimize what I had done, but where do I go from here. I wonder if he is going to think that I am crazy? What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results