shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone reset a three stone into a solitaire?

lasposa

Rough_Rock
I've been researching settings for an engagement ring reset for a while now. My original ring is a three stone with RB's and has channel set baguettes. The ring was 2 sizes too large and was damaged when sized (it is now an oval and has never fit properly). I've looked into many three stone reset possibilities but am now thinking that a solitaire might be more versatile and better match the eternity anniversary band I would like to get next year. I can't help but feel though that it might be a bit of a downgrade and wonder if I would miss the added boing. Also, since my centerstone is on the small side (.78 carats) do you think it would look smaller set on its own? Any thoughts or experiences you can share would be appreciated!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Maybe with the 5 stone there will be enough bling? Do you plan to wear the 5 stone with the e-ring? Do you have photos? May be easier to give thoughts.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be a little worried that you would miss some of the finger coverage of the 3 stone. If you plan on getting a new eternity
ring you could also get the matching engagement ring to go with it which could be enough bling (maybe).

Maybe something along the lines of this...
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=42_48&products_id=1305&cType=ER

I dont think I would get a reset until you get your anniversary/eternity band since you have an idea what you want there.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you would miss the three stone if you already think your diamond is smaller than you would like (or am I misunderstanding?). The setting makes all the difference in the world, as do the size of the side stones. Perhaps jus tchanging the three stone setting would make the difference? I tried a ring today that has a .75ct center and .13ct sides (.25cttw) and it really made the center POP much more than the style with a larger side stone! I liked the look a whole lot. So you could consider that.

Go try some styles on, its the only way you can know. Most jewlers stock lots of rings with diamonds the same size as yours so it should be easy to get a feel for what you like and want!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1313294765|2990426 said:

Bean was exactly the person I was thinking of. I think in a solitaire setting your .75 will look bigger because you are not distracted from it by then side stones. All in all though, it will be less fingercoverage.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually went the other way - I reset my 0.51ct round from a solitaire into a 3-stone with side baguettes. I can say the round has never looked better! I like the contrast in cut between the round and the step-cut tapered baguettes, which I think helps the round stand out more. And it has never looked bigger - the finger coverage is great!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1313341482|2990644 said:

Bean was exactly the person I was thinking of. I think in a solitaire setting your .75 will look bigger because you are not distracted from it by then side stones. All in all though, it will be less fingercoverage.

Yes, I tried two rings on, once was a solitaire with a .75 and a wider band, and the other a three stone with very small sides.The solitaire made the diamond look larger and more eye catching, but the three stone had a lot more hand presence!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1313355666|2990757 said:
Amys Bling|1313341482|2990644 said:

Yes, I tried two rings on, once was a solitaire with a .75 and a wider band, and the other a three stone with very small sides.The solitaire made the diamond look larger and more eye catching, but the three stone had a lot more hand presence!

Not to threadjack, but what is happening with your solitaire robbers stone reset? Would love an update thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results