shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone rent overlays?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
has anyone done this/looked into it? i met with a wedding event designer (to make the reception room look better) and she showed me a sample of the room with new overlays, rented lighting,etc. I loved the effect, but can''t afford her. so was thinking i could rent overlays and just dim the lights. not sure how to rent overlays or the cost per table..

the wedding planning is getting complicated!
28.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
overlays for the table cloths, right? just want to make sure you aren''t talking about lighting because I can''t comment on that.

We''re getting all our linens through our florist. He''s doing the "event design" without me having to go through an event designer. I haven''t seen the prices yet though, he''s still working on my estimate.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
yes table overlays..

i also met with event designer/florist...but she is too exp so hoping to stick with standard florist and do overalys on my own. i''ll have to live with the lighting!
emsmile.gif

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I don''t kow about you guys, but it wound up being cheaper for us to make overlays for my tables than rent them --- The ones I liked were a sheer material, can''t remember then name,and way way out of my budget but basically a very expensive tulle is what they amounted to. I got some of the super-wide tulle from JoAnn''s and a matching thin ribbon to go around the edges so no one could see my attempt at hemming, cut it into big circles and squares to match the size of the tables (all round) and voila -- I''ll try to get a pic up, but my mom and I had them done in a couple of hours and honestly neither of us can sew a lick but like I said the sheer ribbon around the edge hides all that

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
This is something I plan to do, mostly because our reception is in a formal ballroom and we're doing white flowers...they provide white linens so I need something to go over the tablecloths to help the tablesetting pop and not wash out. I am going to do a sheer organza in an antique gold tone. If your'e doing rounds, you can just have an overlay that's a square shape slightly larger than 8 or 10 feet across and have it drape over the top so the bottom tablecloth is still showing. This might save you $, not sure. If you're doing a long table (rectangular tables end-to-end) you can do a table runner for a similar effect.

I have to cost out make vs rent but either way I think it's a great design element. If anyone you know sews, I am sure it's pretty easy to sew a bunch of big squares up.
34.gif

ETA: I think you can rent them from the same type of place that would rent chair covers and other rental items like tables, chairs, etc. An event company.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results