clarity

Anyone purchased from BLOOMSBURY MANOR?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
bump :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lauren! I am in the U.K. & I have Bloomsbury on my EBay list. I have never bought anything from them, but a friend has & their service was impeccable. However, being a 'watcher' of similar sellers, I do think their prices are slightly more inflated than other high end jewellery sellers.

But.... if you love the earrings, you love them! But please make them an offer - don't go in on their asking price. After all, you don't get if you don't ask ;))

jewelrymouse

Rough_Rock
Since Tiffany & Co pieces are widely copied, if it were me and I bought them, I would be sure to take them to a gemologist upon receipt, so if need be they could be returned.

jewelrymouse

Rough_Rock
I'm not an expert, but I would guesss that this is a fake Tiffany ring selling for $4780 on eBay. The stamp looks way off to me, i.e. "IIPPANY." This is from a seller who has 100% feedback, which is not uncommon among sellers of fakes--you cannot go by it. I see a number of other "Tiffany" rings they are selling that do not look authentic to me. One has 8 people watching. Be careful out there; it is big business.

tiffany__amp__co.jpg

BloomsburyHouse

Rough_Rock
Trade
Late to the party! I am one of the founders of Bloomsbury Manor Ltd and would like to extend an invitation to anyone with any questions regarding any of our products to get in touch. We'd love to hear from you. The photo above - posted by jewelrymouse is not from our inventory. The post itself doesn't mention us, referring to an unnamed seller on Ebay. However as the initial post is about us one could easily assume that the above photograph and comment refers to Bloomsbury Manor Ltd. It does not.

Moreover, whilst we have no idea where this photo comes from we would say that the signature does not say IIPPany at all. There seems to be uniform wear across the top of all the letters which is consistent with age - this signature is vintage. Other than that, from what we can see of the rest of the ring the workmanship looks pretty good - the join from the shank to the gallery, the circular cut outs in the gallery. Without examining the ring in person we can't say much more but the initial signs seem promising.

We write about authenticity on our website and it's normal for people to get hung up on signatures but some items have been produced over such a long period of time that they can show a number of different signatures. Think about some of the Peretti pieces produced since the 1970s. What we always say is to pay a huge amount of attention to workmanship. This is the most consistent feature of Tiffany & Co jewellery. They simply do not produce rubbish. Once you have seen as many Tiffany pieces as we have under the loupe then you start to know what's right and what's not. Incidentally, we know a bench jeweller who worked for a manufacturer near Barcelona who produced Elsa Peretti designs. He told us how their polishing was examined in minute detail under a loupe!

In contrast to the workmanship the quality of the signature and its placement has only been an integral part of the quality of the item in relatively recent times. in the 1970s the marks of all the great houses - Cartier, Tiffany, VCA, Bulgari were all over the place - as though they were not really part of the overall look and feel of the piece. We have seen staggeringly beautiful vintage Tiffany, Cartier etc pieces with a bit of age with uneven or slanting signatures. In the old days the signature was not given the respect it is today. Today a signature is part of the brand identity whereas in the 1970s is was more a means of identification.

So, it's crucially important to either have the expertise yourself or to rely on someone who has examined literally thousands of Tiffany & Co pieces.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad Bloomsbury shared this information for people with concerns about old pieces. My Mom's Tiffany rings from the 60's have crooked funky looking hallmarks.
When I buy the occasional Tiffany on eBay I worry more about "perfect" hallmarks. Some are obviously [under loupe] laser engraved [a series of little dots] but some are pretty darned authentic looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results