shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own a Big Green Egg smoker/grill???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Some of our friends have one of these and they use it constantly. They prepared some fabulous shrimp and steak for us. Hubby was quite taken with it. He loves to cook and grill so I decided to order one for him. We already have a barbecue grill, but this seemed to be rather versatile for outdoor cooking. Does anyone have one? Do you love it, do you use it???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby used his gift card for Father''s day last year and bought a smoker. he/we love it and used it all summer/fall. we also do chicken, turkey and pulled pork. If fun to get the different flavored chips too.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrssalvo! I''ll have to look for some different flavored chips to go along with it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sundial,
Do you have a link for it?? We grill a lot, and adore that smokey flavor. We just bought a house in Nantucket and am thinking it would be great for that. If you order it let me know what you think. TIA, Lisa

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 11:28:56 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Sundial,
Do you have a link for it?? We grill a lot, and adore that smokey flavor. We just bought a house in Nantucket and am thinking it would be great for that. If you order it let me know what you think. TIA, Lisa
Lisa check out www.biggreenegg.com and have a look. They have dealers you can purchase from, but there wasn''t one nearby so I ordered the large one from homeclick.com. They have free shipping and it should arrive by truck this week. I will let you know how we like it, but I can tell you that our friends absolutely love theirs!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my uncle has one and everyone LOVES it! he uses it nearly every weekend.
didn''t know they were popular.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
JCrow I had never even heard of these things until we saw the one our friends have. That''s why I was curious if anyone else has one. Sounds like your uncle likes and uses his.

MZ do you use your Weber a lot? Is it a smoker too?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i used it all last summer. check the website for use and recipes.

movie zombie

ps i love it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 4:41:31 PM
Author: Sundial
JCrow I had never even heard of these things until we saw the one our friends have. That''s why I was curious if anyone else has one. Sounds like your uncle likes and uses his.

MZ do you use your Weber a lot? Is it a smoker too?
he does. he absolutely loves it. it''s funny, we used to go over to his house to eat different things, but since the egg, it''s always something on the grill!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial,

We''ve had our Big Green Egg for 3 years and LOVE it! Ribs, chicken, salmon, beef and pork tenderloins - well... EVERYTHING turns out perfect on the egg. Here in Atlanta we go to the EGGtoberfest where they have several eggs a smokin'' with lots of food to sample. Mmmmm....
18.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 5:48:57 PM
Author: Rock Candy
Sundial,

We''ve had our Big Green Egg for 3 years and LOVE it! Ribs, chicken, salmon, beef and pork tenderloins - well... EVERYTHING turns out perfect on the egg. Here in Atlanta we go to the EGGtoberfest where they have several eggs a smokin'' with lots of food to sample. Mmmmm....
18.gif
Thanks for posting RC! I''m glad to hear that you like it so much. They are made in Atlanta aren''t they? I saw all the EGG events on their website - sounds like fun! I can''t wait for it to arrive so we can try it out!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 12:07:22 PM

Date: 2/5/2007 11:28:56 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Sundial,
Lisa check out www.biggreenegg.com and have a look. They have dealers you can purchase from, but there wasn''t one nearby so I ordered the large one from homeclick.com. They have free shipping and it should arrive by truck this week. I will let you know how we like it, but I can tell you that our friends absolutely love theirs!
Many thanks Sundial!!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 8:01:46 PM
Date: 2/6/2007 5:48:57 PM

Author: Rock Candy

Sundial,

18.gif

Thanks for posting RC! I''m glad to hear that you like it so much. They are made in Atlanta aren''t they? I saw all the EGG events on their website - sounds like fun! I can''t wait for it to arrive so we can try it out!!!

I''m not sure where they are manufactured - somewhere I remember reading Mexico, but I could very well be wrong. You will be surprised at how long the charcoal lasts - one bag lasts a VERY long time.

At first it took some "playing" with the vent openings to get the hang of it, but we were pros in no time. I''m so EGGcited for you!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We''ve had hubby''s new Big Green Egg for two days now and so far we love it! He''s cooked chicken breasts and steaks and they turned out so juicy with that wonderful smoky flavor. I can''t wait to try some other things!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sundial, my husband loves to grill; I should check this out! It sounds like you can make pretty yummy stuff on this baby!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Skippy this would make a terrific gift for your husband. My hubby is loving his Big Green Egg and having fun trying different things on it. His latest production was ribs - fantastic! Next up his is doing a turkey.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
that''s awesome! so glad yall like it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sundial,
Is that your baby? Your dog is sooooo cute!!!! I love him/her.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yes Skippy that is my Jack Russell terrier, Haley (my son named her). She is a doll, but quite spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results