shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone on PS live in Ireland?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious since my young adult kids will be there at the end of May (and with crazy world events and flight cancellations…)

Thanks!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does living on Irish Whiskey count?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, well. They arrived on Tuesday morning. My daughter started showing symptoms of Covid Thursday, so she stayed in the hotel yesterday and today.

She is a strong positive today. My son is negative.

She now can’t come back to the US for 10 Days. I’m flying to Dublin on Sunday.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, well. They arrived on Tuesday morning. My daughter started showing symptoms of Covid Thursday, so she stayed in the hotel yesterday and today.

She is a strong positive today. My son is negative.

She now can’t come back to the US for 10 Days. I’m flying to Dublin on Sunday.

Oh no @whitewave..I hope she feels better soon…

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no.
So sorry this happened

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so disgusted. I think I need to go but I don’t know if it’s an overreaction. My son is so far negative so he would come home on Monday. I don’t think it’s wise to have her there by herself and sick. I’m 4x Pfizer and the 4th shot was about 6 weeks ago, so I think I’m good for plentiful antibodies.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry this happened. I don't think it an overreaction- I think someone should be with her until she feels better, whether it is you or your son. Follow your gut.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so disgusted. I think I need to go but I don’t know if it’s an overreaction. My son is so far negative so he would come home on Monday. I don’t think it’s wise to have her there by herself and sick. I’m 4x Pfizer and the 4th shot was about 6 weeks ago, so I think I’m good for plentiful antibodies.

What are her symptoms @whitewave? If she’s having mild symptoms and feeling generally okay it would be different than if she was feeling very sick..Is she afraid to be alone having Covid? Have you asked her what she would like you to do? It’s possible if you go to stay with her..you could get it and then you’ll be stuck there. It’s a big decision. I’m not expecting you to answer me..I’m just throwing out thoughts I would have it was my son.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers outgoing!!!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are her symptoms @whitewave? If she’s having mild symptoms and feeling generally okay it would be different than if she was feeling very sick..Is she afraid to be alone having Covid? Have you asked her what she would like you to do? It’s possible if you go to stay with her..you could get it and then you’ll be stuck there. It’s a big decision. I’m not expecting you to answer me..I’m just throwing out thoughts I would have it was my son.

She has it all. She went and was officially tested today and she is “highly positive” so….. uugh.

She had/has: dry heaves, nausea, fever, chills, stuffy nose, cough, short of breath.

yes, this morning she asked me to come over to Ireland.

I consulted with my Covid expert friend and he said by Monday she is no longer considered contagious, so I would be arriving on Monday. Her brother continues to test negative, so as of right now, he is coming home on Monday.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She has it all. She went and was officially tested today and she is “highly positive” so….. uugh.

She had/has: dry heaves, nausea, fever, chills, stuffy nose, cough, short of breath.

yes, this morning she asked me to come over to Ireland.

I consulted with my Covid expert friend and he said by Monday she is no longer considered contagious, so I would be arriving on Monday. Her brother continues to test negative, so as of right now, he is coming home on Monday.

Big hugs @whitewave!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I did have a home there, until March. Still have friends and relations. Do you need something I can help with?

Also, my mother was in Colorado with my sister last September and they both came down with Covid. I flew there to help, visiting my mother daily on the Covid floor of the hospital, bringing my sister meals at the hotel and walking her dogs, and I repeatedly tested negative. At that point I had had 2 Moderna shots. If you take precautions—N 95 mask—you should be ok. Don’t need you getting stuck, too!

That was my biggest fear, when my husband and I left March 1, that we would be detained by a positive test. So sorry your family is having this complication.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Ask your covid expert friend if they would recommend over-the-counter supplements for her to take. When my daughter had covid (bad, but not hospital worthy) her physician-friend suggested a recipe of a couple of vitamins and zinc to take, for ONLY the duration of the symptoms.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did have a home there, until March. Still have friends and relations. Do you need something I can help with?

Also, my mother was in Colorado with my sister last September and they both came down with Covid. I flew there to help, visiting my mother daily on the Covid floor of the hospital, bringing my sister meals at the hotel and walking her dogs, and I repeatedly tested negative. At that point I had had 2 Moderna shots. If you take precautions—N 95 mask—you should be ok. Don’t need you getting stuck, too!

That was my biggest fear, when my husband and I left March 1, that we would be detained by a positive test. So sorry your family is having this complication.

Thank you. But no, I don’t need any help. I had originally posted in case something big happened, and this is ok. She just needs her mama.

I fly out tomorrow at about 10:50 am

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask your covid expert friend if they would recommend over-the-counter supplements for her to take. When my daughter had covid (bad, but not hospital worthy) her physician-friend suggested a recipe of a couple of vitamins and zinc to take, for ONLY the duration of the symptoms.

Yes, he did: Pepcid, quercetin, zinc, vitamin D, 81 mg aspirin, etc.

This is another reason why I have to go over there— she told him to go explore so he won’t lose his trip so she is by and large by herself and unable to get out of bed.

I don’t think she is telling him the whole story because she feels bad about possibly messing up his trip. So they aren’t going to commit to a meds protocol, so I have to get over there to go to the drugstore, etc.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure she is dehydrated too.
She is very bad about pushing fluids when sick

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, he did: Pepcid, quercetin, zinc, vitamin D, 81 mg aspirin, etc.

This is another reason why I have to go over there— she told him to go explore so he won’t lose his trip so she is by and large by herself and unable to get out of bed.

I don’t think she is telling him the whole story because she feels bad about possibly messing up his trip. So they aren’t going to commit to a meds protocol, so I have to get over there to go to the drugstore, etc.

There are drugs we can buy over the counter that need a prescription there. Melatonin comes to mind. I would buy what you need here, because you may not be able to get it in Ireland, and if you can, the quantities are very limited and expensive.

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry this happened. I'm glad you can be with your daughter. Agree with above poster about wearing N95 mask, so that you don't contract it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are drugs we can buy over the counter that need a prescription there. Melatonin comes to mind. I would buy what you need here, because you may not be able to get it in Ireland, and if you can, the quantities are very limited and expensive.

Actually, that is probably a good point. I did forget about melatonin and I think Benadryl might have been on the list too? I need to get it handy thanks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone, who replied. It’s suddenly busy here lol. Flying international but booking the day before? Crazy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my sister and her husband are in Ireland right now as well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi, everyone. Just a quick note. Yeah. It’s a good thing I went to dublin. She needed help. My son is still negative and he went home on the 30th.

I continue to test negative.

She can get her letter of recovery/fit to fly on wednesday so we are flying home from Shannon on Thursday.

We left dublin (She is no longer contagious/triple vax) because of the bank holiday (prices went sky high) and we spent 3 days in Kilkenny. Fabulous.

We left Kilkenny today and took the train to Waterford (only place we could find a hotel) and are doing a train route to Limerick tomorrow where will will stay for 3 nights.

Thurday can’t get here soon enough! She is nearly completely recovered except for an occasional slight cough.

This trip has been crazy.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry I missed all of this! Thankfully your daughter is doing better and that you continue to test negative.

I'm glad that you at least got to enjoy Kilkenny. DH and I stayed in Limerick for a couple of nights. Lots of great Medieval architecture. Safe travels home!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry I missed all of this! Thankfully your daughter is doing better and that you continue to test negative.

I'm glad that you at least got to enjoy Kilkenny. DH and I stayed in Limerick for a couple of nights. Lots of great Medieval architecture. Safe travels home!

Thank you! We are thrilled that in Limerick, we found a full service hotel with a pool, laundry, room service, concierge, black out curtains and air conditioning!!!!!!

We would like to go see the cliffs, but we also don’t want a 7-12 hour tour so we will see what they suggest at the hotel.

I have stories, lol.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and yes, melatonin is prescription only here and of course I forgot mine. Valerian doesn’t work.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
OP, so glad & happy that your darling daughter recovers well & you are okay too :love:
Best news :tongue:
You are a great mum!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for checking in @whitewave, I've been thinking of you and your daughter. Sorry you all had to experience this but so glad to read she is doing well and you're testing negative.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results