shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone looking to upgrade from their honkerette to bigger?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hellooooooo!

My future BIL's getting engaged! :appl: and I am so ecstatic!
Before we go searching with retail vendors for the perfect ring, I was wondering if it was already on your finger!
If anyone was looking to sell their own honker, please contact me through my LT listing here:
http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/0-dot-83-old-european-cut-diamond

What I'm looking for:
MRBs or a modern cushion 2ct and up, H/I lowest color, eye clean, and with great optics
OECs and antique cushions 2.5ct and up, M lowest color, eye clean, and with optics as good as you can get with an antique :saint: :bigsmile:

If you have something that you think might fit the bill, or even maybe, please give me a chance to respond!
This is for a couple that are not PSers, so it might just work!

Please let me know! I know the lovely ladies here are always, always upgrading.
We'd love to find the perfect match on the secondary market, score us a deal, and unload the weight you're carrying on your finger so you can get your upgrade!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Anyone looking to upgrade from their honkerette to bigge

Aww, you're so sweet. Good luck diamond hunting!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

Just sent you a message through LT about my MRB!

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock

What is his budget?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JaneSmith|1377802795|3512023 said:
Aww, you're so sweet. Good luck diamond hunting!
Thanks, Jane! I'm lucky to have a sweet FBIL, and c'mon, this is a hobby! So this is the best way I can show them how excited I am for them :))

Demelza said:
Just sent you a message through LT about my MRB!
Thank you Demelza! I had seen your thread here, but it is out of budget. Thank you! :wavey:

plummiecat said:
What is his budget?
I'm currently looking in the lesser to mid areas of the 10K range as a starting point, open to wiggle room. More if it's some crazy unicorn rainbow diamond for an amazing steal. But my post here is really not in hopes of finding a diamond that's 10% off retail. With that large of a budget and that little of a discount, we'd rather pay retail and have a return policy and upgrade policy. I'm hoping at this point to find a good deal. Maybe someone has a stone they want to upgrade that doesn't have an upgrade policy on it? Selling it to a vendor would only get, what, 50% if they're lucky? I want to find that person who is hoping to make more of a buck selling it to a private party than back to a vendor, and would rather sell it for more money to me but not expect a ridiculous % of the retail value, nor worse, try to make a profit off of me.

I have been around PS now for almost 2 years, and am a very active poster. I have dealt with multiple longer-termed PSers and have never gave them any unnecessary trouble whatsoever, and can ask them to confirm this with any potential seller. I have met many PSers IRL at both local meets and at the PS GTG, and have many PSers and vendors on my social networking site that have access to me being a legit, real person. I'm a trustworthy buyer. If the seller is located within Southern CA, I will meet with them in person and deal with cash so there are no fears of creditcard chargeback or whatever. I understand how scary it is to sell something of great value without insurance.

I hope this all doesn't sound like I'm "cray", but I'm shopping for them as if I'm shopping for myself. I want the dollar to stretch the furthest. I understand I won't expect a colorless VVS AGS0, but I'm not looking for that.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

An idea of what I'm looking for, I guess, is my one-week-too-late or her one-week-too-early of Armywife's beautiful OEC. I'm still so upset at the stars or whatever, lol! Really???! Couldn't FBIL have told me earlier?!?! Couldn't Army have been too busy to list until a week later? *kicks dirt. I'm teasing, Army, I puffy heart you! I just wished the stars had aligned.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

madelise|1377815603|3512135 said:
An idea of what I'm looking for, I guess, is my one-week-too-late or her one-week-too-early of Armywife's beautiful OEC. I'm still so upset at the stars or whatever, lol! Really???! Couldn't FBIL have told me earlier?!?! Couldn't Army have been too busy to list until a week later? *kicks dirt. I'm teasing, Army, I puffy heart you! I just wished the stars had aligned.

Awwwww, I wish the stars had aligned too! I think it would have worked out perfectly. Darn stars need to get on their game and stop messing around....

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

04diamond<3|1377877785|3512492 said:

Thank you, but I'm first trying to find a second hand deal before paying retail. ::)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Bella432|1377974820|3512964 said:
Mine almost fits your OEC bill, but it's a transitional, and it's an N but it faces up so nice and ivory :) I know it's a bit out of your price range, but I'd be willing to talk numbers ;-)

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10882/

I have it listed on loupetroop so feel free to msg me there as I don't make it on these forums much. http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/2-dot-57ct-antique-transitional-cut-loose-diamond
Madelise,
If you do decide to consider this diamond, this thread should provide some insight for pricing:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/sold-2-57ct-oec-for-sale-price-reduction-t175365.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/sold-2-57ct-oec-for-sale-price-reduction-t175365.html[/URL]

justginger

Ideal_Rock

armywife13|1377990529|3513055 said:
Bella432|1377974820|3512964 said:
Mine almost fits your OEC bill, but it's a transitional, and it's an N but it faces up so nice and ivory :) I know it's a bit out of your price range, but I'd be willing to talk numbers ;-)

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10882/

I have it listed on loupetroop so feel free to msg me there as I don't make it on these forums much. http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/2-dot-57ct-antique-transitional-cut-loose-diamond
Madelise,
If you do decide to consider this diamond, this thread should provide some insight for pricing:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/sold-2-57ct-oec-for-sale-price-reduction-t175365.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/sold-2-57ct-oec-for-sale-price-reduction-t175365.html[/URL]

Well isn't that interesting. Good find (or memory), AW.

cm366

Shiny_Rock

Good eye, Armywife! ;-)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Thanks justginger and cm366. :bigsmile:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

But the owner of anything is still free to wait it out to find the right buyer. PS should not be such prudes. Really. Should not be. The market is the market. Prices are based on market value, not what someone paid. I buy and sell used stuff, not jewelry, and if people insist that my selling price should only be their arbitrary low % market on what I paid for it, I tell them to take a long walk on a short pier. And I block their emails and/or ebay ID(s). And do you know what? The right buyer comes along and I get my price, and Lowball and Company can go cry in their coffee.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

TC1987|1378087600|3513407 said:
But the owner of anything is still free to wait it out to find the right buyer. PS should not be such prudes. Really. Should not be. The market is the market. Prices are based on market value, not what someone paid. I buy and sell used stuff, not jewelry, and if people insist that my selling price should only be their arbitrary low % market on what I paid for it, I tell them to take a long walk on a short pier. And I block their emails and/or ebay ID(s). And do you know what? The right buyer comes along and I get my price, and Lowball and Company can go cry in their coffee.

I do not see the need for name calling, it seems quite immature, actually. When did anyone say that the seller could not wait it out for the price they want? They are more than welcome to. Just like PS members are more than welcome to provide information about the previous sale that was posted on the forum, that way buyers can know a ballpark of what it sold for recently. And anyone who disagrees can take a long walk on a short pier. :bigsmile:

Anyways, back to the issue at hand...lets find Madelise a diamond.

D

Deactivated member 42515

armywife13 said:
TC1987|1378087600|3513407 said:

I do not see the need for name calling, it seems quite immature, actually. When did anyone say that the seller could not wait it out for the price they want? They are more than welcome to. Just like PS members are more than welcome to provide information about the previous sale that was posted on the forum, that way buyers can know a ballpark of what it sold for recently. And anyone who disagrees can take a long walk on a short pier. :bigsmile:

Anyways, back to the issue at hand...lets find Madelise a diamond.

I agree. A long walk on a short pier sounds very nice for TC. I think Armywife was just trying to help our dear friend Madelise. No prudeness here. Seems the prude one is you. Oh no, I'm sorry, it seems you're friskier than us cuz you have a stick up your butt.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good memory armywife! And thank you for posting that - I *thought* the GOG listing looked familiar, somehow, but I couldn't place it!

And TC, you seem to delight in arrogant and forceful assertions. Having been on the receiving end of your superiority complex myself a time or two... it neither impresses nor suppresses, I'm afraid ;))

Bella432

Rough_Rock

Sorry to anyone I've offended, my intention was not of flipping. I rarely frequent these forums anymore since buying that awesome little rock and coming to the conclusion I couldn't afford it, so I consigned it with GOG who advised me of what price we should list it at, and that was that. I said the same to the admin who emailed me from here this afternoon. I didn't read the forum rules, was told flipping is against these rules, and that's fine, my bad. In my original reply/post here I said I'd be happy to talk price and lower mine. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, but when did it become a crime to buy something (say real estate for example), then sell for a little extra if you can? I'm trying to buy my dream home and off goes the diamond in hopes of a down payment, my bad for being a little excited at the possibility of someone perusing GOG's real world store and seeing it and my possibly making a bit extra on something.

I hope the original poster can find the diamond they're looking for :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm going to start a new thread since this one went off topic, and mostly bc my title was misleading. Army, I <3 you, girl! Big puffy hearts.

Bella: you're allowed to list through DB, LT, and GOG. Just not in preloved. Good luck with your sale!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bella, can I ask why you're selling your stone?

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

It was my stone that Bella bought. I sold it at that price (an absolute steal) because I wanted to recover funds that were stuck in it and didn't want the stress of it sitting around so I priced it to sell. Could I have made more off of it...maybe. I will never know and really don't lose any sleep over that. Once I sold it to her (for a price I thought fair for the situation), it belonged to her. I have no rights (say or action) over it at that point. It doesn't offend me that she is selling for more. If you can get that, go for it.
I was surprised to see it pop back up on the GOG site though...

I am not of offense or defense here. Just wanted to clarify. I hope you can find a good buy M!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results