shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know of dresses with this type of neckline?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone seen http://www.cymbelineusa.com/ ? I finally found the Martha Stewart Wedding magazine for fall a couple of weeks ago and while paging through I saw this dress with the most perfect neckline. HOWEVER, I''m not really crazy about the ''layers'' that the dress seems to have.. (or the fact that the model doesn''t have a slip underneath, drives me nuts!!). Not just that type of almost off the shoulder look, but the whole lacey part of it too.

Does anyone know of dresses that have a neckline like this but a more flowing bodice/skirt?

Sorry the picture is kind of small, but thats the one that pops up on the website, if any of you have the magazine I mentioned, it''s in there a bit bigger :)

i LOVE this neckline.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Check out jasminebridal.com''s temple ready section. It looks like you can change the neckline of just about any of their dresses.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Like this? (With shorter sleeves, obv.)

bonny736.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s a beautiful dress! I went to Cymbeline and was able to get a larger photo. Hopefully this works...

cymbeline.JPG

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Robbie I''ll check that out! Ebree thats close to the right kind of neck, but the wrong kind of dress (for me :)) Thank you though!

Portia, thanks! It really is beautiful and I would be fine with the ''layers'' that it has ,except for the one right at the hips, I''m pretty sure it would look not so pretty on my big hips!
7.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Omigosh - that''s the dress I just tried on today!! It''s lovely. It does have layers - it''s a 2-piece dress (first layer is a silk strapless sheath; second layer is the lace overlay with sleeves). The ribbon color can be modified.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks you guys for the suggestions, MINIMS, I have been searching on ebay actually but haven''t really found what I''m looking for (though I won''t REALLY know till I try one on I guess).

Joy - I''ve been looking at similar dresses to that and was wondering how hard it would be for them to change the neckline to what I''m looking for with that delicate lacy look, I did take a look at the link that Robbie posted and it seems that may be another way to go too.

Krissie, do you happen to know if they can only do black or ivory? I would really love a splash of color on there, and without that rosette (because I agree with one of the posters on your thread that at least in the black version it just looks like a big circle in pictures). Do you know if the ribbon sewn into the dress or is it something that you can take off if you don''t want it? I didn''t want to hijack your thread with all these questions :) But again, you just looked so great in both of them, and I''m so glad you posted because in a real picture it doesn''t look like the ''layer'' part that I was worried about sticks out so much like in the mag picture.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...the first thing I noticed before I read what you said is, sheesh, she doesn''t have a slip on!!! Too funny!

I think it is a gorgeous dress, but I don''t care for the layers, either...good luck!

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
OMG! Just a few posts down, Krissie, she had tried this Cymebline dress on. You can see how it fits (looks fab by the way!). Maybe you can ask her where she tried it on! Good luck!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2007 4:32:01 PM
Author: partyjewels
Thanks you guys for the suggestions, MINIMS, I have been searching on ebay actually but haven''t really found what I''m looking for (though I won''t REALLY know till I try one on I guess).

Joy - I''ve been looking at similar dresses to that and was wondering how hard it would be for them to change the neckline to what I''m looking for with that delicate lacy look, I did take a look at the link that Robbie posted and it seems that may be another way to go too.

Krissie, do you happen to know if they can only do black or ivory? I would really love a splash of color on there, and without that rosette (because I agree with one of the posters on your thread that at least in the black version it just looks like a big circle in pictures). Do you know if the ribbon sewn into the dress or is it something that you can take off if you don''t want it? I didn''t want to hijack your thread with all these questions :) But again, you just looked so great in both of them, and I''m so glad you posted because in a real picture it doesn''t look like the ''layer'' part that I was worried about sticks out so much like in the mag picture.
Hi! I''m glad that you found my pics helpful!

I swear I have been DREAMING about the dress for the past 2 days! Now when I look at the pics, I don''t feel critical at all ... I just keep noticing the gorgeous lace detail and I remember how special it made me feel! I am definitely going to go back to the shop in 2-3 weeks to try it on again and I''m going to try to get better pics!

The ribbon is sewn onto the lace overlay; they can do it in multiple colors according to the shop!!

30.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lucky! That is such a pretty dress, and the price certainly doesn''t hurt :) I really love the back on it.

Krissie thanks for checking back in! I am definately going to try that dress on if I can find a store that has it around here! I just hope it looks at least HALF as good as it does on you :)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 12:34:42 PM
Author: Krissie

I swear I have been DREAMING about the dress for the past 2 days! Now when I look at the pics, I don''t feel critical at all ... I just keep noticing the gorgeous lace detail and I remember how special it made me feel! I am definitely going to go back to the shop in 2-3 weeks to try it on again and I''m going to try to get better pics!

The ribbon is sewn onto the lace overlay; they can do it in multiple colors according to the shop!!

30.gif
Hey Krissie, what was the price on that dress? I''m fond of it too. I love that the model had small boobs and it still looks nice cuz i am boobless! lol

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 5:44:32 PM
Author: MoonWater

Date: 10/22/2007 12:34:42 PM

30.gif
Hey Krissie, what was the price on that dress? I''m fond of it too. I love that the model had small boobs and it still looks nice cuz i am boobless! lol
I''m in the UK - the price I was quoted was £1890, plus £100 for petticoat and then £350 for Swarovski. Basically, double that for the US price. I would note that the lady at the shop gave me that same pic that is on the Cymbeline site, and noted "That model is 6''2" and skinny as a rail." So the ribbon on a really tall, skinny person hits just under the boob ... but on a curvy person like me, hits right at the hips.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ouch! Pricey! And 6''2" geez!! Oh well. I''m curvier on the bottom and small on top. I usually can''t find dresses that fit me in both places. I also don''t like wedding gowns at all so liking this one had me excited for a bit. Darn it! Not sure what I''m going to do.
8.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 12:16:27 PM
Ouch! Pricey! And 6''2'' geez!! Oh well. I''m curvier on the bottom and small on top. I usually can''t find dresses that fit me in both places. I also don''t like wedding gowns at all so liking this one had me excited for a bit. Darn it! Not sure what I''m going to do.
8.gif
Totally give it a try!!!!! The benefit of the separate lace overlay with ribbon is you can tie it so that it flatters your chest, waist, etc. I''ve got a bit up top, so the ribbon was hitting me at midsection - but if you''ve got a little less, it could be tied more like an empire waist? You''ve got to try it, b/c I want to see pictures!
31.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 1:52:08 PM

Date: 10/25/2007 12:16:27 PM
Ouch! Pricey! And 6''2'' geez!! Oh well. I''m curvier on the bottom and small on top. I usually can''t find dresses that fit me in both places. I also don''t like wedding gowns at all so liking this one had me excited for a bit. Darn it! Not sure what I''m going to do.
8.gif
Totally give it a try!!!!! The benefit of the separate lace overlay with ribbon is you can tie it so that it flatters your chest, waist, etc. I''ve got a bit up top, so the ribbon was hitting me at midsection - but if you''ve got a little less, it could be tied more like an empire waist? You''ve got to try it, b/c I want to see pictures!
31.gif
Haha!! I would LOVE to try it. But it would cost me close to $5000 and I swore I wouldn''t spend that much for a dress. Hell, I don''t want to spend that much for the wedding!! The ring on the other hand.
31.gif

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi Partyjewels. Did you have a look at pronovias? The 2008 collection has a dress called ''Detalle'' that has a lovely neckline like the one you want.....
If you go into www.pronovias.com it''s the 3rd dress on the Pronovias look book. Beautiful dress

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Hello partyjewels,
I tried to post this yesterday, but it obviously didn''t work!
I fell in love with the Cymbeline Antibes as soon as I slipped it on!
30.gif
I didn''t pull it out of the magazine when I saw it though because of the tiers and the black ribbon. The lady at the dress shop just put it in my room and when I put it on it looked and felt amazing! If it is within your budget I would highly recommend trying it on, the tiers of lace are much prettier in person, and the one I saw had the ivory ribbon which I loved. I am only 5''5'''' and I thought it looked great on, so don''t be discouraged by the 6''2'''' model!
Good luck!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 10:54:05 AM
Author: happy in love
Hello partyjewels,
I tried to post this yesterday, but it obviously didn''t work!
I fell in love with the Cymbeline Antibes as soon as I slipped it on!
30.gif
I didn''t pull it out of the magazine when I saw it though because of the tiers and the black ribbon. The lady at the dress shop just put it in my room and when I put it on it looked and felt amazing! If it is within your budget I would highly recommend trying it on, the tiers of lace are much prettier in person, and the one I saw had the ivory ribbon which I loved. I am only 5''5'' and I thought it looked great on, so don''t be discouraged by the 6''2'' model!
Good luck!
Ack! Stop, tell me it''s hideous! I don''t want to have to buy it!!!!!
39.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Ditto to Moonwater! I was hoping to spend a lot less than that on the wedding dress, but I still intend to try it on anyways :D

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
There's a couple by Jacquelin Exclusives that are similar, although I honestly think I like that Cymbeline better:
Jacquelin 9709

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This catalog has a dresses with that neckline but very different sillouettes than the Cymbeline:

http://www.bridecouture.com/catalogbrowser.aspx

It won''t let me link to specific pages, and I can''t figure out how to paste the pictures... but check out dresses CC100 (my favorite!) and RA114.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results