shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know of any good pakistani/indian banquet halls in va/md/dc area??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
im looking to find a nice pakistani restaurant in the va/md/dc area that has a banquet hall that will accommodate about 50-100 people.

anyone know of any? i tried searching online but its difficult because the restuarants i find dont have an actual website...

thanks!!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, INDEBLEU is awesome. It''s in DC.

It''s in Penn Quarter, near the Verizon building. It''s a really pretty place, too. I don''t live in DC, but I went for dinner when I was visiting -- impressive.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
just found their website: indebleu.net. Check out "private dining" It''s really, really gorgeous in person. It''s extremely sophisticated, not the usual cheesy-tacky "Indian buffet" style fast food interpretation of Asian subcontinental cuisine.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 7:43:09 PM
Author: Mediterranean
just found their website: indebleu.net. Check out ''private dining'' It''s really, really gorgeous in person. It''s extremely sophisticated, not the usual cheesy-tacky ''Indian buffet'' style fast food interpretation of Asian subcontinental cuisine.
i checked their menu.. it doesnt seem like it has authentic indian or pakistani food..

ill def call them to see what they can offer.

another requirement is that they offer halal food (kinda like kosher meat).

we are having our american wedding in feb.. this is just something from my side of the family.. a cultural thing that we want to throw..

what about some inexpensive banquet halls in the md/va/dc area where i can get food catered in.. banquet halls for like 500-1000 bux..

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to IndeiBleu. My best friends brother is the catering manager works there, and the food is awesome.

There are many halls in the VA area that you can rent and have the food brought in. Another good restaurant is Banjara''s in Ashburn, Va. My husband is indian and we had an American wedding but we wanted some indian culture fused somewhere, so we had our rehearsal dinner there. It''s a favorite restaurant of ours and they were very accomodating!

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 5:52:47 PM
Author: february2003bride
Ditto to IndeiBleu. My best friends brother is the catering manager works there, and the food is awesome.

There are many halls in the VA area that you can rent and have the food brought in. Another good restaurant is Banjara''s in Ashburn, Va. My husband is indian and we had an American wedding but we wanted some indian culture fused somewhere, so we had our rehearsal dinner there. It''s a favorite restaurant of ours and they were very accomodating!
thanks ill look into it.

keep the suggestions coming... my family is muslim so we need halal (kosher) food.. so indian restuarants actually wont suffice.. so any persian, pakistani, mediterrian restaurants will have to be my options..

what cheap halls are you referring to? i know some nice community halls but you cant rent those unless you own a home in the community.

thanks

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
ttt

keep the suggestions coming!!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried The Knot South Asian boards? Lots of people there who know the area and offerings... Check out your local board too.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 8:12:01 PM
Author: lovehersomuch

Date: 10/15/2008 5:52:47 PM

thanks ill look into it.

keep the suggestions coming... my family is muslim so we need halal (kosher) food.. so indian restuarants actually wont suffice.. so any persian, pakistani, mediterrian restaurants will have to be my options..

what cheap halls are you referring to? i know some nice community halls but you cant rent those unless you own a home in the community.

thanks
There is a restaurant in Herndon, Va. called Masala Wok. They do serve halal meat (my brother''s wife is muslim- yes we''re a very mixed family!
1.gif
) and they may cater or know if a cartering service who can serve halal prepared foods.

I don''t know the name but my husband and I attended a wedding a few years back in a hall in Fairfax, Va. I''ll try and find the name... Also, there were several Diwali events going on in the Northern Va area in the past week that were held in community centers, halls, and schools. Maybe you could contact the places where those were held?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at Heritage India? They have two locations, one in Dupont and one in Georgetown. I''ve only ever eaten at the one in Georgetown...it''s fantastic! I''m not sure how many people they can host, but I once photographed an engagement party there for 40 or 50 people. http://www.heritageindiaofgeorgetown.com/index.html

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all the suggestions..

i acutally am looking more now for a pakistani place or even an afghan restaurant or banquet hall ORRRR just a banquest hall that isnt expensive where we can choose our own caterer... reason being that we need to have halal food at this reception which is kinda like kosher food..

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 10:18:22 PM
Author: somehowcollide
Have you tried The Knot South Asian boards? Lots of people there who know the area and offerings... Check out your local board too.
i havent tried that.. ill google for the website and try that too

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 7:22:59 PM
http://www.masalawok.com/

http://www.banjaracuisine.com/ (This is where we held our rehearsal dinner. We love this restaurant!)
ill take a look at banjara cuisine.. i dont want too many indian idols and statues around so hopefully its decorated nice. ive been to masalawok in herndon its not that big and wont have room for a dance floor or area where my fiancee and myself would sit seperately that is decked out.. kinda hard to explain but i dont think it has enough room

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results