shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here know anything about fede or gimmel rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I found two really cute simple ones and am wondering how I can date them?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Innerkitten, from what I know about Gimmel rings, is that they used to be very popular as early as the 18th century? Basically they were two rings styled as if they were one, so that they could either seperate or slide apart. They are quite unique and require some precision to create....I love the idea. I am not sure I remember much about Fede rings...can you clarify on what they are?

These can be very old and unique, but I know there are still some makers making them (although I am not sure who) I believe they resurrected for a while in the late 70's...?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well from what I have read over the last few days Fede means faith,and they were used as wedding or engagement rings in ancient Rome, but were made through the victorian years and they were the inspiration for the Irish claddagh ring.

CAMJEWCO

Rough_Rock
Fede rings feature clasped hands as their central ornament. A later style used the clasped hands at the rear of the ring. Fede rings date to Roman times when they were frequently made of iron and were worn by soldiers. They probably were introduced into the British Isles when they were stripped from dead Roman soldiers by Celts.

mira

Rough_Rock
regarding the gimmel ring
i manufacture gimmel rings in 9 10 and 14ct gold
if you would like any further information please send me an email
regards
tom greeley
10.gif

sdonlan

Rough_Rock
Tom,

I'm getting married and would like to find out more about the gimmel rings.

How do I contact you?

All the best.

SPD (Limerick)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results