shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here in Medical Device Sales?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
FI just handed my resume over to a guy who works in medical device sales and he said he can get me an interview for one of 2 positions that are open -- Does anyone have any advice for how to ace this interview? I''ve heard horror stories about interviewing for pharma and med device sales, so I''m kinda hoping to know what I''m going into ahead of time....

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

I cannot give you specific advice about how to interview for those roles, but being in HR, I know a little bit about recruiting. For sales in general, you want to focus on your sales strategy and discuss product knowledge. Have concrete examples of times when you had to deal with tough customers and how you achieved a positive result. You may know this already, but just thought I would bring it to light for anyone else who might be interested in this topic - interviewing for a job can be so stressful! If you want to know more, let me know.

PS...do you have 3-5 years of experience in device sales, with a finance background (MBA)? I apologize for the personal question, but I may be able to point you into the direction of an excellent organization that may have an openning.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
OMG your help is greatly appreciated!!

I''ve never actually done sales, although I''ve completed 2 training courses (once a week for 8 weeks total). my boss originally said I''d be doing sales, but got lazy and now wants me to do data analysis, which is not what I was hired to do, but he found out I''m good at it. I''m so interested in the medical device sales job, but I don''t know what they''ll ask me or what to expect at all!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Be careful when it comes to sales jobs, especially those not requiring experience. You really need to check into how the pay structure is, or else you could be working for nothing. Do your research on the company, make sure it is reputable, especially since you do not have any experience.

Here is an organization that may be helpful:

National Association of Medical Sales Representatives (NAMSR) website
Largest professional association in the world for Medical Sales Representatives. Provides accredited training, continuing education, information about the industry, up-to-date news, programs to assist medical sales reps in their work, training programs to assist candidates who want to break into the industry and initiatives to improve communication with the medical sales field.

I have dealt with this group to post medical device sales jobs. They seem disorganized, but helpful. They have a job board there and may have other resources to explore.

The United Professional Sales Association (UPSA) may also prove useful too. Unlike the other organization, this is a non-profit group dedicate to sales people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results