shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here have a Mercedes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 11:05:21 PM
Author: portoar

Date: 7/17/2006 9:38:14 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

TL ''s are very nice cars
36.gif
some had transmission recalls from 2000-03?
20.gif
haven''t heard anything bad about their trans in the pass yrs.
Yes I think the whole honda line had transmission issues for a few years there. I think they''ve gotten them straightened out now.
They did have problems with the trannies, but they extended the warranty on them to 7 yrs/100000 miles to cars in those affected years.

Hubby has a 2002 Acura TL S-type, and it''s been a DREAM. Totally maintenance free.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
80''s Mercs were some of the best they ever made. It was during the time when they overengineered cars, costs be damned.

Oooh, an E55. Those are nice cars. If it''s in the 2003 year range, I hope the e-brake issue isn''t too bad. There were software updates for the car''s brakes, but reviews were kinda so-so.

I''m not a fan of the Airmatic. It''s nothing bad. It''s just the Sport doesn''t seem to do all that much. If you''re looking for luxury tho, I gotta say it is a pretty smooth ride. It''s just that coming from a BMW, whenever I take the E320 out, the Sport I and Sport II settings seem the same as the regular setting. Well, it''s not a horrible handling car for it''s size so I guess I can''t complain too much.

DF: I''ll get back to you on the clear bra. With the amount of bugs in the Sac area, I think it''s a pretty good idea.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 2003 C-320 wagon and I have been happy with it. It is a pleasure to drive. I think the car is a little on the loud side but in discussing this with the mechanic, he said that tends to be characteristic of German cars. We haven''t had any maintenance issues other than the moonroof getting stuck once but I admittedly don''t drive the car often since I quit working in 2004. I think it has only about 25k miles on it.

My husband will probably get an E350 or similar model in the next couple of years because he loves driving mine and he will need a new car then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results