shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have/seen this ‘swoopy’ Stuller soli in person?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing at least you have your OEC to wear! My ring has been gone two weeks now, and it feels like forever o_O

Indeed; I’m wearing that one now while I wait; and passing the time perusing 3-stone options.

How much longer till you have your ring back? I can’t wait to see it finished and back on your finger! :appl:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing I don’t know :(2 and I don’t want to ask because I know they will have it done as soon as possible and don’t want to rush them.

Have you started looking for side stones?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing I don’t know :(2 and I don’t want to ask because I know they will have it done as soon as possible and don’t want to rush them.

Have you started looking for side stones?

Makes sense; it’ll be there before you know it, I’m sure. When I’m waiting for something, I find that breaking out my other pieces that don’t get worn as much, and giving them a good, thorough bathing and wearing them helps pass the wait-time. It also makes me appreciate the new piece more when it does arrive. ;)2

Here’s my thought process on the side stones right now, though I’m waiting to decide for sure until I get the ACA set & back, and get to know its personality more.

I’ll most likely use the side diamonds in my current 3-stone for the (new) 3-stone ring. The current 3-stone sides are about .35ct each, which I feel have just enough presence to not look like ‘specks’ beside the ACA, but nicely accent and let it remain the star. I love the ‘wall of bling’ look on others, but feel like the .70s kind of make the ACA look ‘small’ (I have to laugh as I type that :lol:) and would be too much bling for my lifestyle right now. I’ll likely still search for another .70 to match the current 3-stone ring’s .70ct center to make studs.

I figure it makes sense to use the pair of .35s now; then - if I get the itch for more bling in a few years - I’ll have the pair of .70s and can always bump up the finger-bling factor by doing a new setting and switching the .35s with the .70s, and convert the smaller diamonds into studs. I wouldn’t have a problem going down in stud size because I don’t really see them anyway. Below are the ‘to-scale’ proportions for each option; finger size 7 for reference.

CB046E43-7F1A-4779-9C0F-5B6D2A31BC73.jpeg

Attachments

• D9D91C2F-3CF1-4683-A5ED-C7C684FB6503.jpeg
    D9D91C2F-3CF1-4683-A5ED-C7C684FB6503.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 27

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When designing my wife's e-ring, I remember what seemed like the hardest part was not talking shop but rather just waiting. They did a great job expediting everything but I just am not the most patient person. When I get invested, I tend to go 100mph and just waiting feels like death to me, lol.

Once she had her ring, there was an incident where she bent a prong and we had to ship back to DK. We both wanted it fixed but had a hard time releasing it. Ultimately I bought her a cheap ring to wear during that process until her ring got back. Again fast service but waiting was no fun for either of us. Perks of having a secondary cheap ring is it's good for lake adventures and similar where loss/damage risk is high.

I find it interesting how we bond over something like a ring. Even as a guy I don't like not having my ring. It is just plain metal and not very expensive at all but I subconsciously play with it throughout the day. I've accidentally rushed out and forgot it before and randomly notice it as I am irritated my play toy isn't available, lol.

I'm not sure the reasoning. I am not always super close when at work, so I'm guessing it reminds me of her and gives me peace, comfort and connection. But enough of squishy and sappy feelings, lol. Let's go shoot something! :lol:

My point in all these ramblings is I wish you peace and patience throughout the process. Can't wait to see the final pics.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge A ‘travel’ ring is a great way to pass the wait time; just don’t get one that is bigger than what you’re waiting on ... otherwise, the new ring will immediately trigger DSS, and you’re back to square one. :lol:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing I forgot you were going to use your three stone ring for your new three stone. I agree, I like the smaller side stones. I'm actually looking at .2ct each for side stones for mine if I choose to go that route down the road.

Are the side stones you have super ideals? I only mention this because I think you are as meticulous as I am, and not having side stones in my preferred specs would bug me. I'm probably going to end up using a vendor I would never use otherwise just to get super ideals in the size I want.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing I forgot you were going to use your three stone ring for your new three stone. I agree, I like the smaller side stones. I'm actually looking at .2ct each for side stones for mine if I choose to go that route down the road.

Are the side stones you have super ideals? I only mention this because I think you are as meticulous as I am, and not having side stones in my preferred specs would bug me. I'm probably going to end up using a vendor I would never use otherwise just to get super ideals in the size I want.

I forget, what size is your center stone, that you’re considering making into a 3-stone? If you want me to mock up some ‘to-scale’ visuals for you, let me know and I’d be happy to help!

On mine, one of the current 3-stone sides is an ACA, and the other is a very good/close match to that one, so I think they will be fine, as they all match color-wise as well. Given the drastic size difference between them and the center, I’m not sure I would otherwise truly be able to visually discern a difference in cut unless it was something really glaring, like a significant color difference or really poor cut. If I was going with larger sides where it would be more distinguishable, this would definitely merit further research. ;)2

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing it's a 1.29ct (7mm). I will for sure take you up on that when the times comes to move forward! Trying *not* to obsess right now since it will be a while before it's time. I mean, I do have my side stones chosen and in my shopping cart, but I'm trying not to think about it too much lol

One ACA and one with very similar specs will be perfect.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew That shopping cart is a very dangerous place to save items you are interested in or thinking about, boy do I know! :lol:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My three stone is very close to the proportions you are considering with the smaller sides, and I think the proportions are perfect :geek2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My three stone is very close to the proportions you are considering with the smaller sides, and I think the proportions are perfect :geek2:

Linkie to the blingy? :mrgreen2:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
From left to right:
Platinum
X1 white gold
18k white gold

small plat-14-x1 wg comparison - b.jpg

From top down
X1
18k White Gold
Platinum

P1095610.JPG

Melissa tells me that there are palladium/white gold mixes available too.

This is super helpful for color comparison. Thank you!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my ring yesterday, and I am sooo happy I went with this setting! It is a fantastic ring that perfectly showcases the diamond from every viewing angle while marrying a perfect combination of being simple, feminine, protective and comfortable. It took longer to receive than originally expected because Stuller mis-cast it the first go-around, and it ended up with a way-too-thin shank base which would have resulted in my WB sitting oddly with it not to mention feeling less than ‘durable’ than I’d like (I don’t do ‘dainty’). Whiteflash didn’t hesitate to make it right and went above and beyond to quickly resolve it, delivering exactly the ring exactly I’d wanted exactly how I wanted it, right down to the prongs I’d requested. It’s beautiful, very comfortable, and it barely spins at all due to the wider shank base.

The irony of the ring’s simplicity is that it really makes the diamond look huge ... definitely bigger than what I was anticipating when I had it loose in the spring-ring, and dare I say ... even bigger than what I initially really feel comfortable wearing. That said, I’m sure I’ll get used to it in time, but glad I didn’t jump right to the 3-stone out the gate with this upgrade as I’ll definitely need time to get used to the size jump. :shifty:

Enough with the rambling ... onto the pics!

Whiteflash pictures:
3B300A1D-5B9C-4D68-B466-A0A9555CCCC5.jpeg
7B390530-4226-4D45-AC66-0D55E145EA03.jpeg
FFA4BB6A-DBF4-42B0-8EAA-19D84AFCB1A3.jpeg

And a couple I took:
A622BD99-D6B7-49C9-812A-AAB84C616C34.jpeg

C252EB79-3D5F-4D21-8E00-FA77C381C935.jpeg

DFD7EF73-F66E-41FF-9BFA-24AA93B0AC85.jpeg

FB5EDDB1-8589-489B-862E-4ED4D00405DD.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I received my ring yesterday, and I am sooo happy I went with this setting! It is a fantastic ring that perfectly showcases the diamond from every viewing angle while marrying a perfect combination of being simple, feminine, protective and comfortable. It took longer to receive than originally expected because Stuller mis-cast it the first go-around, and it ended up with a way-too-thin shank base which would have resulted in my WB sitting oddly with it not to mention feeling less than ‘durable’ than I’d like (I don’t do ‘dainty’). Whiteflash didn’t hesitate to make it right and went above and beyond to quickly resolve it, delivering exactly the ring exactly I’d wanted exactly how I wanted it, right down to the prongs I’d requested. It’s beautiful, very comfortable, and it barely spins at all due to the wider shank base.

The irony of the ring’s simplicity is that it really makes the diamond look huge ... definitely bigger than what I was anticipating when I had it loose in the spring-ring, and dare I say ... even bigger than what I initially really feel comfortable wearing. That said, I’m sure I’ll get used to it in time, but glad I didn’t jump right to the 3-stone out the gate with this upgrade as I’ll definitely need time to get used to the size jump. :shifty:

Enough with the rambling ... onto the pics!

Whiteflash pictures:
3B300A1D-5B9C-4D68-B466-A0A9555CCCC5.jpeg
7B390530-4226-4D45-AC66-0D55E145EA03.jpeg
FFA4BB6A-DBF4-42B0-8EAA-19D84AFCB1A3.jpeg

And a couple I took:
A622BD99-D6B7-49C9-812A-AAB84C616C34.jpeg

C252EB79-3D5F-4D21-8E00-FA77C381C935.jpeg

DFD7EF73-F66E-41FF-9BFA-24AA93B0AC85.jpeg

FB5EDDB1-8589-489B-862E-4ED4D00405DD.jpeg

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

BMI

Shiny_Rock
@the_mother_thing

Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy you love the setting (even if it is temporary). And I must say, your diamond looks AMAZING in it! :love:

Thank you for the detailed review. I am curious though, did you ask for the band to be thicker or wider at the bottom, or did Stuller just not make it to the specs listed on their page? Whiteflash really did a great job setting your stone. Oh, and maybe I missed it, but which metal did you end up choosing?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Wewechew @Lykame & @BMI If time allows tomorrow, perhaps I’ll start a SMTB thread. Yesterday & today have just been crazy busy with kid activities/sports, etc.

As for the setting, Stuller cast it wrong; it was significantly thinner than their specs note. WF got the first one and sent me pictures, and it was immediately evident to me because that was a key aspect of the setting that I liked. I realize some variance is to be expected in finishing, but I wanted it to be at/close to the width their site noted, especially for the shank base so that my WB wouldn’t sit crooked and create too-large a gap. I also wanted it close to those measurements overall because it’s not exactly a small diamond, and I wanted the ring to feel substantial enough to be durable/secure and not be dainty. The end result that I’m now wearing is exactly what I wanted and fits perfectly! And the ACA dazzles of course! :dance:

Here are a couple videos, since pictures don’t really show performance as well as ‘live action’ videos.

Indoors:

Outside:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful outcome.
Simple, clean, classic and graceful.
Simple and clean aren’t the easiest to do either.
:love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and ring. Well done. :clap: Enjoy your new beauty. It’s perfect.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just discovered this thread. So far I've been very happy with this setting.

Your ACA looks beautiful in it too! I love the band you've paired it with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results