shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a "spinning" ring?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious if anyone here owns the purposefully "spinning" rings (pics attached)?

The biggest examples I know are from Piaget and Boucheron. I am someone who loves "fiddling" with stuff, so just curious if anyone owns these and if so, are you happy/unhappy with them?

Screenshot 2021-03-08 100659.png

Screenshot 2021-03-08 100731.png

Screenshot 2021-03-08 100557.png

jrg02485-quatre-radiant-ring-pink-gold-diamonds.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve had friends with much less expensive spinning rings. The biggest complaint is that dirt makes spinning difficult.

Ive never seen or heard of these spinning rings before and my first thought was how intriguing :appl:
My 2nd thought was gunk and muck and dirk :(2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive never seen or heard of these spinning rings before and my first thought was how intriguing :appl:
My 2nd thought was gunk and muck and dirk :(2

haha yeah I didn't think of that before but now it's making me 2nd guess my interest in them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha yeah I didn't think of that before but now it's making me 2nd guess my interest in them!

Oh :(2
But its really cool

And if you had one of those ultra sonic thingies and used it every time you wore the ring ......

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I don't but I've wanted a wellendorf one with enamel for years.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I have a few silver spinner rings. Thought they were a novelty and did not know there were fine jewelry versions. Yes, they are fun. They are thicker on the finger.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I saw a spinning ring in Dubai, and loved it. But money was gone to buy my earrings. So waited till I came home to Aus to get a jeweler to make it for me. 18k WG with 7x0.1ct diamond on each band

It’s in rotation with my other sets of rings.

Problem is when I drop it accidentally, one of those rings does get bent and the spin doesn’t work. But I sorta drop it (from a short distance to the work table) a few times to get it bent back into shape! Lol. Sometimes, it doesn’t bend back. So I leave it and try again another day. Lol

A74DCE02-8962-48E8-AA04-8AB5C56819D8.jpeg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I get the fidget spinner quality of these rings but dirt and gunk on the bearings, not nice. I like rolling rings for that middle ground Of something to play with but no mechanism to gunk up.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a spinning ring in Dubai, and loved it. But money was gone to buy my earrings. So waited till I came home to Aus to get a jeweler to make it for me. 18k WG with 7x0.1ct diamond on each band

It’s in rotation with my other sets of rings.

Problem is when I drop it accidentally, one of those rings does get bent and the spin doesn’t work. But I sorta drop it (from a short distance to the work table) a few times to get it bent back into shape! Lol. Sometimes, it doesn’t bend back. So I leave it and try again another day. Lol

A74DCE02-8962-48E8-AA04-8AB5C56819D8.jpeg

Oooh it looks great!! Haha but the bending and dropping sounds miserable

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband had one once and yes once it starts getting dirty they stick. He isn’t OCD and cleans jewelry every day like I do. He has a different ring now but he did enjoy the 3 rows spinning and I saw him spin the bands frequently.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband had one once and yes once it starts getting dirty they stick. He isn’t OCD and cleans jewelry every day like I do. He has a different ring now but he did enjoy the 3 rows spinning and I saw him spin the bands frequently.

I have an amazon ultrasonic that I really like, so as long as cleaning would get the "gunk" out then that should be fine.

MelMc

Rough_Rock
The ring pictured above was only $16 on etsy so not quite so heartbreaking that it's not long wearing. Mine was more expensive but it was early in the fad when there were fewer options.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results