shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a Pet Chicken??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 6:56:16 AM
Author: Lorelei
Another thing some might find interesting, is that one of my chickies, Mildred, comes when I call her name like a dog! It doesn''t matter where she is, as she roams at will, I can yell MILDRED!!! and even after about a minute, depending on where she is, she will come running. None of the others do, even if I call CHICKIES!! so it seems Mildred knows her name.

Del, it is indeed the little things!
Beautiful pics Lorelei! Love that Mildred comes over to you when you call her!!!
hen.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who knew so many people had chickens, love it!!! Thanks for sharing
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cock a doodle doo!!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 10:46:40 AM
Cock a doodle doo!!
30.gif
hehe! Are they your alarm clock???
emclock.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I did...his name was Sanders...and he was...DELICIOUS...LOLOL...JUST KIDDING...I don't eat meat ...they are adorable!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 7:07:53 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 6/2/2008 5:59:05 PM
Author: Miranda
My DH did. He had a little chick named Peep as a pet...Along with one of about every type of animal known to man. The wittle chickies are so cute!
They are!!!
9.gif
What other pets did he have?? You have me curious Miranda. hehe
4.gif
Oh gosh. Let me think. A duck. Several dogs. Cats. A tarantula. Hamsters. A rabbit. Tadpoles. Frogs. Crayfish. And fish in a fishtank. I *think* that''s all, LOL! His parents are/were much more patient with those kinds of things than I am.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 10:45:02 PM

Date: 6/2/2008 7:07:53 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 6/2/2008 5:59:05 PM
My DH did. He had a little chick named Peep as a pet...Along with one of about every type of animal known to man. The wittle chickies are so cute!
They are!!!
9.gif
What other pets did he have?? You have me curious Miranda. hehe
4.gif
Oh gosh. Let me think. A duck. Several dogs. Cats. A tarantula. Hamsters. A rabbit. Tadpoles. Frogs. Crayfish. And fish in a fishtank. I *think* that''s all, LOL! His parents are/were much more patient with those kinds of things than I am.
Wow, all at once? hehe I had a chicken, little bird and dog but not all at once.
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Not all at once, but, he did have many at once.

I had a bird, dogs and cats, but, never a chicken. Maybe we should get one! I''d love the fresh eggs! How many eggs per day do they lay? Just curious.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 11:00:06 PM

I had a bird, dogs and cats, but, never a chicken. Maybe we should get one! I'd love the fresh eggs! How many eggs per day do they lay? Just curious.
Oh gosh, I don't know? Hey, I just found a fun website all about Chickens; I guess it depends on the type of chicken.
hen.gif
I bet Lorelei could tell us more. hehe http://www.mypetchicken.com/chickenFAQ.aspx#HowOften

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
How interesting. Thanks for the link!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No chooks, but DH''s grandmother has a pet duck called Faith. Dear little thing she is.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had a bird, dogs and cats, but, never a chicken. Maybe we should get one! I''d love the fresh eggs! How many eggs per day do they lay? Just curious.
Young hens can lay an egg daily, it is said that egg production tails off as they age, however my three year old hens are still going strong and lay daily.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 9:51:25 AM

Young hens can lay an egg daily, it is said that egg production tails off as they age, however my three year old hens are still going strong and lay daily.
Sheesh...I''d need a lot of ''em to feed my hungry brood. It is not uncommon to go through 12 - 18 eggs for breakfast on a weekend morning.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2008 11:57:05 AM

Sheesh...I''d need a lot of ''em to feed my hungry brood. It is not uncommon to go through 12 - 18 eggs for breakfast on a weekend morning.
Crikey!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:01:25 PM

Date: 6/4/2008 11:57:05 AM

Crikey!!
You''re telling me! My grocery bill is at least $2000 a month. DH eats a lot. DS #1 is 14 and eats a lot. DS#2 is 12 and eats a lot. DD is 5 and hardly eats anything. And I eat mostly candy and sweets so that''s cheap!
31.gif
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
No chickens, but these dang dkunks who have adopted me are feaking me out. They always come and eat my cat food on the porch. I just feed my cat about 15 minutes ago, and now I can hear the skunks going at the food. My computer desk is right next to the door. Dang, these things squeak and grunt when they eat. I should have put the bowl further away, because I am getting nervous.

I''d take chickens anyday...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee, we only had chickens and ducks on the farm for a couple of years, and I was too young to really remember them or make them pets. I guess they drove my parents pretty nuts. I do remember the ducks meeting their maker when the pond froze up overnight and they were in it...I think that subsequently the chickens were suddenly no longer around.

Sumbride , your story cracked me up! Yes, what DOES one name a chicken, besides "Henrietta?" LOL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2008 3:02:04 AM
Author: monarch64
Hee hee, we only had chickens and ducks on the farm for a couple of years, and I was too young to really remember them or make them pets. I guess they drove my parents pretty nuts. I do remember the ducks meeting their maker when the pond froze up overnight and they were in it...I think that subsequently the chickens were suddenly no longer around.

Sumbride , your story cracked me up! Yes, what DOES one name a chicken, besides ''Henrietta?'' LOL
I have a hen named Jethro!
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results