shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a good recipe for punch?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a belated afternoon wedding reception at the beginning of September (since my husband and I are from two different countries, we''re having two receptions). We''ll be getting in some beer and wine for people, but I think a lot of our guests would prefer to drink a nice thirst-quenching punch in the ealy afternoon heat of summer. Do any of you have good easy recipes for a refreshing punch? Non-alcoholic would be good, but I''ll take alcoholic punch recipes too!

Thanks!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a good one. It would be good to have someone in charge because people drink this up quickly and you will need some more supplies on stand by to make more batches. It is very yummy and you can (sort of) color coordinate.

Before Hand: Cut up strawberries long ways (so they look like hearts and freeze).

In Punch Bowl: Mix 1 quart of sherbert, softened (I prefer strawberry or lime, but any kind is good) with 1, 2 liter bottle of ginger ale. Blend well with spoon. Add frozen strawberries. Serve.

You can also use orange sherbert, add 2 cups orange juice per batch and 1, 2 liter bottle of ginger ale and toss in some frozen mandarine orange slices (and strawberries for color).

Good luck!!

-Janna

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Janna! Those sound fantastic for a hot summer''s day!
Kate

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 10:37:15 PM
Author: jorman
Here's a good one. It would be good to have someone in charge because people drink this up quickly and you will need some more supplies on stand by to make more batches. It is very yummy and you can (sort of) color coordinate.

Before Hand: Cut up strawberries long ways (so they look like hearts and freeze).

In Punch Bowl: Mix 1 quart of sherbert, softened (I prefer strawberry or lime, but any kind is good) with 1, 2 liter bottle of ginger ale. Blend well with spoon. Add frozen strawberries. Serve.

You can also use orange sherbert, add 2 cups orange juice per batch and 1, 2 liter bottle of ginger ale and toss in some frozen mandarine orange slices (and strawberries for color).

Good luck!!

-Janna
18.gif

My best friend is from the south and is very proud of her punch mixes. this sounds right up her alley and similar to stuff she's made but the sliced fruit is new to me.
36.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any non-alcoholic punches but this one is my fav and is easy.

2 bottles Korbel Champagne (not the extra dry)

1 bottle (not sure how big the bottles are 64oz. maybe) Cranberry juice or cran-grape or whatever you want

1 cup Grand Marnier

Yum, I''m not pregnant anymore, maybe I''ll have to find a reason to make some punch!!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 4:55:58 PM
Author: Kamuelamom
18.gif

My best friend is from the south and is very proud of her punch mixes. this sounds right up her alley and similar to stuff she''s made but the sliced fruit is new to me.
36.gif
I''m from the south, and I tell you every single party, wedding, baby shower, graduation extravaganza- has sherbet punch!!!
I think it works because it is so freakin'' hot down there. It sure is tasty though!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 4:06:23 PM
Author: jorman

I''m from the south, and I tell you every single party, wedding, baby shower, graduation extravaganza- has sherbet punch!!!
Yup, she said that too, and says "it''s verrrry southern" (insert Alabaman twang here).
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results