shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone has a patio fire pit set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I have been wanting to have a patio fire pit for a while. Here is one from Home Depot that seems reasonable in price:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100649306&N=10000003+90401+501170

Does anyone here have a fire pit? Could you share your experience with me? I am particularly interested in how easy it is to clean up after each use, and to maintain clean. Thanks!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I really hate those things (ex-wife of a firefighter). The screen openings are a little too large for safety IMO.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks PP. A friend of ours has a gas line fire pit. However I prefer something that can be moved from the back patio to the front patio. Is there a way to make it safer?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
lol. I was just looking at a similar setup at Menards today. My in-laws have a fire pit, but it''s completely separate from the seating area. You can see it while sitting, but not close to anything that could catch. They''ve had theirs for several years and we all love it. I know that when not watched very carefully, catastrophes can happen (my dad''s a firefighter). But, with a responsible person present (ie: not drunk and easily distracted) and within distance of a fire extinguisher, I think they''re great.

When we get ours, it will be on a back patio area well away from the house, kids, etc.

I''ve also been looking at just the pits sold alone. Menards and i think Home Depot had a similar setup (without the furniture) for under $200.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have one in our new house and haven't had a chance to use it. . .It has a built in and enclosed propane tank underneath it and there is a octagonal tile table surrounding it. For some reason, knowing us, I bet we'd turn it on twice and then forget all about it. The other day, my kids were using the table part to play with Pokemon cards!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results