shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone had L'oreal Pro Fiber salon treatment?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Since I have hair breakage and we can't figure out the cause, my stylist recommended an in salon treatment called L'oreal Pro Fiber. They do the initial treatment in the salon and then you purchase products to use at home to prolong the results. I didn't want to jump into it without doing my own research (which I've done) and it seems to get good reviews. It claims to actually repair damage. Has anyone done it and would you recommend it? Thanks:)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I have not had this treatment or any other in a salon for hair breakage or loss.

However, I have suffered from hair loss 3 different times as a result of menopause and shingles. So, just in case I can be of any help, I'll tell you my story.

In 2011, I probably shed 1/3 of my (thick, thank goodness) hair because I started the early stages of menopause. I had regained about half of that hair by the time I got shingles in 2014, which ran up into my scalp. Even though I had only welts, shingles can cause the follicles to shed hair, sometimes permanently. So I shed again, for a number of months, until it stopped. That was fun.

Now, I've again regrown a large portion of that shed hair. Two things I did, and I will continue to do, are using only sulfate free products and taking no less than 1000mg of biotin each day. I've also had good results in using Keranique shampoo for cleansing, followed by Living Proof for some added volume.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Thanks for sharing.
About a year ago, I noticed some pretty serious breakage even though my hair seems pretty healthy overall (my hair was all one length and I suddenly noticed that I had layers despite the fact that I didn't have it cut that way). I tried to think of what could have possibly caused it, but ruled out pretty much everything (I really baby my hair - use excellent products, sleep on a silk pillowcase, don't pull it up/back, etc.). The one thing that changed was that I switched salons and I started to wonder if their process of doing partial highlights (which I have done for several years now) was somehow causing the breakage. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm starting this premenopausal stuff, which is mortifying to me.... :(( I say this because I've noticed some other things (not related to my hair) and I think that's what I might be dealing with. I had no idea that women can be premenopausal for 10 years or more :-o
I've been taking Viviscal and I'm almost done with a 3-month supply. I think it's helping, but I also think that I'm still seeing continuous breakage. It's frustrating because my hair truly does seem healthy - it's shiny, smooth, etc., but clearly, something is wrong if it's breaking off.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new salon stands out...

What are they using to highlight your hair? This is most likely the culprit and you should find someone else to do your hair, preferably someone who uses olaplex when doing highlights to minimize damage.

Some stylists can get lazy and use bleach with high volume peroxide to get the job done quick and our hair suffers in the process. Also, I have noticed that certain brands of hair color don't agree with my hair. I lost so much hair while going to an Aveda salon for two years, and I didn't even highlight at the time. Once I switched salons, my hair grew back in. It could just be that your hair doesn't respond well to their color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results