shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone had a near death experience ?

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the depressing title !
I had a health scare two weeks ago and almost died in the intensive care unit (had to be ressuscitated).
It feels strange, they were all telling me how lucky I was, and I do feel that way of course, but it also got annoying to hear that for some reason ! I feel a bit guilty that I was the one who made « a spectacular recovery », and not most of the rest of the patients ! Probably bc I was the youngest I imagine, surely my body was a bit more resistant or something like that, I’m trying not to think too much about it !
Have you ever had something like this happen ? How did you feel afterwards ?
My love for jewelry has not changed in any case haha

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s understandable you would have complicated feelings after this traumatic experience. Hospitals have support resources that may be beneficial to you. It would be a good idea to talk with some one trained to help you sort through your feelings. I wish you well and I’m glad you are ok. I’ve never had a near death experience or needed to be resuscitated. I’m glad you still like jewelry and have a sense of humor!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have flashbacks for 4 incidents involving driving my cars, all my own doing.

Two involved over-taking on single carriageways; one was driving up a very steep hill and I rolled back down the hill into a ditch; and the last one was driving very long hours without taking sufficient breaks and nearly crashed.

All could have ended very badly.

DK :confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you went through such a traumatic experience and am glad you are A OK now.

I have not had a near death experience IRL but in my head many times. LOL.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I asked if there was anything and I’m going to have a couple of sessions with one of the mental health nurses from the hospital, she said 2-3, that it was completely normal and very healthy to talk about it !

Wonderful. That will go a long way to helping you process what you went through and heal.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did have a near death experience when I was sixteen. I got caught in an undertow in the ocean…. My friend was able to get me in far enough that the lifeguard was able to do the rest. He had been flirting with a girl and didn’t notice my struggle. I was floating face down. They thought I was dead..I was able to come to after vomiting a ton of water. I haven’t been in ocean water since. It was traumatizing for sure. I should have talked about it afterwards but I didn’t.
I glad you are okay…and that you will get some sessions to talk it out.

DutchJackie

Rough_Rock
I’m not sure if I should post this to strangers on the internet. But I have. It’s still difficult to talk about it. I also had some professional sessions. Complications from labour. I made it. It was so peaceful. I was just slowly going into the light. And I knew for sure DH would do a great job raising the kids. Still thankful I made it though and that I am raising the kids too. And my peaceful experience is completely opposite to DH and the people in the room…

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never had a near death experience but I'm sorry you had to go through this @cvalier26 and I'm so glad you're ok. You've been through a tramatic event and I think it's a great idea to talk to someone about it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is totally fascinating to me and I read a lot about it. Like DutchJackie many people have peaceful or out of body experiences. I’m sorry this happened to you. Did you have an out of body experience or remember anything?

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your support !
My mum just said : « I was hoping you would realize how frivolous jewelry was in life ! - but whatever I guess, just choose a little something, send me the link, and let’s get it over with » :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still thankful I made it though and that I am raising the kids too. And my peaceful experience is completely opposite to DH and the people in the room…

No first- or even second- hand experience for me, but my mother (also Dutch, as it happens) told me of what a fellow nurse told her about a co-worker, a fellow nurse, related about her near-death experience. It happened while she was undergoing surgery for a heart condition; the surgical team was sure that she had died but she was revived after 5-10 minutes. She didn’t like to talk about it, but she did share two things with my mother: that she had not wanted to return to life, and that she no longer feared death.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not sure if I should post this to strangers on the internet. But I have. It’s still difficult to talk about it. I also had some professional sessions. Complications from labour. I made it. It was so peaceful. I was just slowly going into the light. And I knew for sure DH would do a great job raising the kids. Still thankful I made it though and that I am raising the kids too. And my peaceful experience is completely opposite to DH and the people in the room…

I had the same calming experience @DutchJackie …I don’t like to talk about it much because people think you’re crazy.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, and it still provides conflicting feelings for me. Some days I’m grateful and others not and wonder if it should have turned out this way. At any rate, I’m glad you were able to talk to someone and that it helped! Your carer was correct - it is very common. Glad you are still here to participate on PS!

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
I don’t remember anything personally. It was just a lot of pain when I woke up! Then « regular » medical stuff. I’m not sad I don’t remember ! I do wish I had my own room, it was awful seeing the others ! I do feel ok mostly, it has been two weeks now, but I’m glad I have the meetings with the nurse

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear you went through this, but glad you are doing ok & that you are able to get someone to talk it through with.

I have a bleeding disorder (my clotting factor is low & I bleed out a lot if cut etc) & both my daughters were born by emergency c-sections despite the consultants doing everything in their power to avoid having to do it this way. My first wasn't too bad, I was awake & all going relatively smoothly, as my uterus started to contract after a while & they were able to sort me out without having to put me to sleep.

My second was more hairy. I was put to sleep straight away after they realised my previous uterine section scar had ruptured during natural labour. I was over 4 hours in theatre once they had delivered my daughter & taken her through to my husband. My bleeding was out of control & my heart stopped twice. Eventually my body did its thing & sorted it's shit out, but they were preparing by that time to give me a hysterectomy. I don't have any memories or near death experiences to report though. I just went into a very deep & dreamless sleep, being woken 5 hours later to 92 stitches, a very distressed husband, a very hungry baby & a very relieved consultant!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yes, 5 times very close to death, Twice in one month about 2 years ago. I deal with by trying to not think about it as it could happen again at anytime.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
No first- or even second- hand experience for me, but my mother (also Dutch, as it happens) told me of what a fellow nurse told her about a co-worker, a fellow nurse, related about her near-death experience. It happened while she was undergoing surgery for a heart condition; the surgical team was sure that she had died but she was revived after 5-10 minutes. She didn’t like to talk about it, but she did share two things with my mother: that she had not wanted to return to life, and that she no longer feared death.

I heard that exact thing from a coworker years ago. Not the sort of thing you ever forget hearing.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Jesus, Karl, that's just terrifying. I'll bet your Wifey has to use some mind control as well.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your support and sharing your stories.

My mum had said she could get me a small budget little shiny if I wished (I think she was trying to cheer me up!) but I realised I didn’t want jewelry that would remind me of it ! So, I got *lots* of really nice chocolate instead haha, I’ve been giving some out to my friends and people who came to visit me and brought me some at the hospital, I don’t want to gain 5 pounds haha, and I enjoy gifting, but it has cheered me up!

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Also, I am trying to ask people around me to help gather stuff for the hospital volunteers that distribute it to the patients in need when they leave the hospital : food, toiletries,… to help for the first couple of days when you get out and are too exhausted to take care of anything

I have my first nurse session tomorrow afternoon !

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck tomorrow @cvalier26 , I‘m glad you are able to meet with the nurse and am so glad you are doing well now. It always helps to speak with a professional after a traumatic experience.

@Karl_K , I’m sorry for all you have been thru and am glad you have a wonderful wife.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@cvalier26 i hope the nurse helps you feel better

many years ago before we met Gary rolled his quad bike onto himself going up a sandhill he had been up a million times near where he lived
he remembers being on top of the hill looking down at himself and the quad
He said it was peaceful but he knew he hasn't said good buy to his mum and dad so he had to go back

he has a wicked scar on the top if his head in a big U shape
His brain was ok but he has a lot of aches and pains still from the injuries sustained that day

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results