shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone going to the NYC Jewelry and Watch Show this weekend?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grace and Jogani are going to be at booth 6005 and I can't wait to go and buy...I mean "play".....with some bling!! :angel: :dance:

Just wondering if I'd be in the company of any other PSers!? :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Anyone going to the NYC Jewelry and Watch Show this week

I don't want to leave my house since the drop in temps, but it's supposed to be a nice weekend, so I will try to get my arse out of the house!!!

I will NOT be purchasing anything. :wall: unless it's a bargain of a lifetime. :naughty: and one of a kind :naughty: and makes me look 10 years younger and 10 lbs lighter. :naughty:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1477503831|4090772 said:
I don't want to leave my house since the drop in temps, but it's supposed to be a nice weekend, so I will try to get my arse out of the house!!!

I will NOT be purchasing anything. :wall: unless it's a bargain of a lifetime. :naughty: and one of a kind :naughty: and makes me look 10 years younger and 10 lbs lighter. :naughty:

Pinto,

If you find that, can you buy one for me?!?!

No!

Two!!!

I NEED two of those! :lol:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks like we'll be the only people there, PB!! More bling for us!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ac117|1477593599|4091251 said:

Looks like we'll be the only people there, PB!! More bling for us!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have an expandable tote bag for the occasion :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got my hair done today so that I won't scare people when I emerge from my hobbit hole! I am so happy with it.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock

I went today and mostly drooled over high-end rubies way above my budget, but there were some things I could actually have bought and maybe someone else can benefit. Morelle Davidson has a cute little Art Nouveau ring that climbs all over your finger, with a small ruby and a small diamond. img_6543.jpg
There was also a nice 20" string of very old Mikimoto? graduated pearls for $400, at one of the few booths with pearls, and a remarkable string of graduated opal beads, with crystal beads as spacers, $2200 at R&A.
Was anyone else there from 4 to 6:30?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I went with another PSer Friday and we were there for 4 full hours and I don't think we saw everything lol. I thought there were so many beautiful jewels. My favorite by far was everything Grace had in her exhibit. OMG. :love:

We were planning on going to the Lueur show as well (and then returning to the JAWS because there is just so much to see) and I bought tickets weeks ago for the Lueur show but I have heard from so many people in the business that there are not very many vendors there. So I am not sure we want to go all the way to the Javitz for it especially after being at this show Friday. Plus after a full 2 days of bling I actually might want to show my friend (and PSer) some of NYC because this is her very first time here!

The NIC JAWS is definitely worth going to IMO. I have my eye on the most gorgeous ring :love: but I really cannot rationalize getting it because it wouldn't be fair to Bea. :cheeky: I cannot justify 2 big OECs even though Greg said we could put off our kitchen renovation (what a guy!!!) if I really wanted it. LOL why are there so many difficult life decisions? :lol:

Sorry we missed you boerumbiddy and to anyone else who is going have a wonderful time!

1910ring.jpg

beascompetition.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1477822216|4091976 said:
I went with another PSer Friday and we were there for 4 full hours and I don't think we saw everything lol. I thought there were so many beautiful jewels. My favorite by far was everything Grace had in her exhibit. OMG. :love:

We were planning on going to the Lueur show as well (and then returning to the JAWS because there is just so much to see) and I bought tickets weeks ago for the Lueur show but I have heard from so many people in the business that there are not very many vendors there. So I am not sure we want to go all the way to the Javitz for it especially after being at this show Friday. Plus after a full 2 days of bling I actually might want to show my friend (and PSer) some of NYC because this is her very first time here!

The NIC JAWS is definitely worth going to IMO. I have my eye on the most gorgeous ring :love: but I really cannot rationalize getting it because it wouldn't be fair to Bea. :cheeky: I cannot justify 2 big OECs even though Greg said we could put off our kitchen renovation (what a guy!!!) if I really wanted it. LOL why are there so many difficult life decisions? :lol:

Sorry we missed you boerumbiddy and to anyone else who is going have a wonderful time!

Missy, thanks for sharing!!! I'm not sure if you saw but I actually tried contacting you through LT yesterday to see if you'd be at the show today? Grace mentioned you might be and I have my eye on a beautiful piece and would love your opinion! I'll be there so please let me know if you end up going! :wavey:

I went Friday and yesterday and am admittedly going again today :lol: I have SO many pictures to share but will try to do them all tonight!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ac117 said:
missy|1477822216|4091976 said:

Missy, thanks for sharing!!! I'm not sure if you saw but I actually tried contacting you through LT yesterday to see if you'd be at the show today? Grace mentioned you might be and I have my eye on a beautiful piece and would love your opinion! I'll be there so please let me know if you end up going! :wavey:

I went Friday and yesterday and am admittedly going again today :lol: I have SO many pictures to share but will try to do them all tonight!

Oh no I didn't get anything from you. :o Please try emailing me again ok? I'm so sorry I missed you! We just *might* be returning tomorrow so email me the description of the piece you are thinking of getting and I will let you know my opinion! So excited for you!!! Have fun today!!! And looking forward to your pics! I didn't take many unfortunately. There was so much to look at and I was just caught up in the fun and bling if you kwim. :love:

img_13213.jpg

img_13214.jpg

img_13215.jpg

img_13216.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Missy, dont you think Bea would like some company.... ?? :love: :love: :love:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I went with DF and was there from 2-ish to about 4:30 PM. Beautiful jewelry, works of art all over. I was enamored with ruby and diamond bracelets. If I had mad money to spend, I would have gone home with a Cartier panther on a branch pin, which a few of the vendors had.

Thanks to Grace for the link for the complimentary tickets from her newsletter link - I would not have gone otherwise. Grace had a small patch of real estate there and there always seemed to be a crowd of 30-somethings around her. I do have to say that I felt that Grace and her family were the friendliest people there: when I finally got my turn at the front of the counter, they encouraged me to try everything on. The pot lights from above made all the diamonds look dark, even my RBC ER, and I was allowed to move away from the stand to find better lighting to look at several rings. As soon as I moved, I lost my spot. Her daughter laughed when I made a gesture as if I was going to toss the ring back to her from afar.

I really enjoyed myself, and DF was impressed with a lot of the jewelry that was on display.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just left a little after 5! Got there before 1!!!

It was awesome meeting Grace! She's got some incredible goods! Her husband and daughter are so sweet! Grace and Anup are fun to watch - the way they interact is entertaining! Who doesn't love vendors who know bling and have great personalities?

Some randomness from a random vendor - pussy and cock!

_6230.jpeg

_6231.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I believe this is 3.67 k si-1 Gia from the vendor Rick something that OWD works with

_6232.jpeg

_6233.jpeg

_6234.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another from the Rick vendor 3.68 M SI-1 it's so flipping white!

_6235.jpeg

_6236.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dude what time is it? Glances down at the now Pinto Bean watch!!!

_6237.jpeg

_6238.jpeg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Holy moly, that watch is incredibly stunning!!! How wonderful, Pinto Bean!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainwood said:
Holy moly, that watch is incredibly stunning!!! How wonderful, Pinto Bean!
thank you rainwood :wavey:

So ac117 had to wrangle my 12 year old Pinto Bean self in bahahaha :lol: . For some reason, I only have an eye for animal jewelry, and then point and go "ooo... A [fill in the blank animal]". There was ooooo, a cat, a frog, a turtle, another turtle, another turtle, a lizard, a rooster, a panther... :lol: :lol: :lol:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock

I looked at that watch! Really nice. Is it running? I have a good watch guy in Brooklyn.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

boerumbiddy|1477891185|4092190 said:
I looked at that watch! Really nice. Is it running? I have a good watch guy in Brooklyn.
It does run! I would absolutely appreciate the referral for the watch guy, although I'm a couple counties east of BK.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock

I have had old watches repaired here, including a friend's Tiffany one, as well as good jewelry. The Court Jeweler, 60 Court Street, across from the Brooklyn courts, open afternoons and odd hours, so call ahead. 718-834-8940. (He does appraisals for probate court in the morning.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I already have jewelry and a nice Swiss watch. ;))

I guess the only people who go have no jewelry, and no watch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1477933512|4092333 said:
I already have jewelry and a nice Swiss watch. ;))

I guess the only people who go have no jewelry, and no watch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
agreed!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results