shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone feel that earthquake?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here in NYC and Monmouth County NJ we felt an earthquake (albeit mild).

I missed it as I was on my treadmill listening to music. But it’s not my first earthquake and won’t be the last.

Anyone else?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn’t feel it in central CT, however DH works in Litchfield county further north and he felt it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn’t feel it in central CT, however DH works in Litchfield county further north and he felt it.

Leave it to me to miss it right in the middle of it lol. Maybe my music is too loud cause my treadmill is pretty quiet :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I probably missed it too, so you are in good company :)

I was engrossed in reading a book so it’s quite possible that I wasn’t paying any attention to anything else.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t as I was driving but my DD felt her whole high rise apartment building sway!! She said it was terrifying.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing here in MA.

But - @Slickk - UGH!! I'm not good with swaying high rises!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was home and it felt like a heavy truck was driving by.
Sandra was in our ninth floor office and she was terrified. She survived a massive quake in Mexico City in ‘86 ( I believe)…. The trauma never fully leaves after something like that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I’m here in Monmouth County. It was really scary - I didn’t know what it was. The whole house shook. Very unnerving!

I totally missed it and I am in Monmouth County too! Let's hope the aftershocks are not bad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing here in MA.

But - @Slickk - UGH!! I'm not good with swaying high rises!!

Last time I experienced an earthquake was in a high rise at work in 2011 I think...it felt like an earthquake. And it was my first yet I knew exactly what it was

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My family in Bucks county felt it.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't feel it here in my part of MA, however a friend of mine, who lives in the same town did so I don't know if I'm just zoned out sometimes or if it really could be that it was felt in one part of the same town, but not in the other. He does live on the other side of town from me, so who knows.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
My building shook, it felt like it might collapse.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a cut/paste from our family thread with DD in her highrise apartment on the River. Scary!!

“I got so freaked out bc I’m now conditioned to know that the wind even 60mph doesn’t sway this building one millimeter
So when it was legitimately moving I was like oh my god either part of the building is collapsing or there’s a serious mechanical issue or an earth quake.”

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a cut/paste from our family thread with DD in her highrise apartment on the River. Scary!!

“I got so freaked out bc I’m now conditioned to know that the wind even 60mph doesn’t sway this building one millimeter
So when it was legitimately moving I was like oh my god either part of the building is collapsing or there’s a serious mechanical issue or an earth quake.”

I was afraid just reading this!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal of all the things a mom of a single millennial female in NYC would worry about…earthquake was certainly not on that list of circumstances I prepared her for. :doh:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't feel it in south central CT.

peachster

Rough_Rock
Felt it - loud rumbling and the house shook. Then an aftershock at around 6 pm. Pretty unusual in Connecticut.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad none of you were hurt.

Damn! I hate those things!!!
I'll never get used to them.

At least with hurricanes, tornados, etc. you get warned and have some time to prepare.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't feel it here in my part of MA, however a friend of mine, who lives in the same town did so I don't know if I'm just zoned out sometimes or if it really could be that it was felt in one part of the same town, but not in the other. He does live on the other side of town from me, so who knows.

i think it depends on what sort of ground you live on, we are built on pumas and feel very small tremors like 2 and 3
you will feel them more on reclaimed land than on rock

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
It felt like a freight train passing in eastern PA.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did feel it in southwestern Connecticut. Eventually I went to an Internet map of where the quake reached and that region was on it. I heard a load noise and felt shaking. It felt as if some large machine was on in the house, roaring. When I couldn't see one I looked outside to see if a huge truck had gone by. But it would have had to be one heck of a big truck! A friend in California says anyone can report feeling an earthquake to the USGS. Apparently this data is useful to them.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m from CA and visiting CT on business. I was so surprised when the training room started shaking. It probably followed me from CA!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results