shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever tried preownedweddingdresses.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2011bride

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies,

Did anyone here buy (or know of anyone who bought) their wedding dress on preownedweddingdresses.com? If so, I''d be really interested to hear what your buying experience was. Most of the testimonials on the website are from the sellers'' perspective!
1.gif

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
I didn''t buy mine there, or know anyone who did, but wanted to reccommend another site that I did have a great experience with: your dream dress I mentioned this in another thread, but Kim is the woman''s name I worked with, and I think she still sells through eBay. You have 24 hrs from when you get the dress to try it on and make sure you like it, if you don''t, you can send it back for a full refund (minus shipping of course), so I really liked that policy as well. All of the other pre-owned dress sites look great also. Good luck!! :)

2011bride

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much ChemGeek! That return policy is great, and not something that you see often on these once-worn wedding dress sites. My dream dress would be a Monique Lhuillier (anything she does with lace!) so here''s to hoping that I''ll find one of the styles I like in my size...

By the way, I LOVE your engagement ring.

30.gif
It''s from the Ritani Bella Vita line, right? I placed an order for a different style from the same line a month ago, and can''t wait to see it in person (and share lots of pics here, of course
26.gif
).

patty234

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Yes, I did! I heard about the site from my sister in law who bought her dress from there. She had a great experience -so I thought I''d try it. I loved the fact that there were so many gowns to choose from - and when I contacted the seller of the dress I wanted - she was super friendly. She sent the dress right away and it was just as she had described it in her ad. I recommend preownedweddingdresses.com to everyone I know!

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I bought my veil from preownedweddingdresses.com and had a great experience. The seller was really sweet and helpful. I ordered on Friday afternoon and had the veil on Monday.

I also ordered my shoes online (piperlime) and my dress online (bridepower.com) had great experiences with them all.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was a multiple dress bride and sold a few on there. While of course I am the seller I know my buyers were very happy because they told me so! It was an easy process for everyone. Just make SURE you know your measurements and remember that a dress can usually be made smaller but it is very hard to make it bigger.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I love looking at the site for fun. You said you like Monique Lhuillier. My advice is my dress by her is MUCH bigger than my street size. When I bought my wedding dress I was a street size 4/6 and my dress was a size 10/12. So just an FYI since its tricky if you can''t try stuff on.

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 11:55:40 AM
Author: 2011bride

Thank you so much ChemGeek! That return policy is great, and not something that you see often on these once-worn wedding dress sites. My dream dress would be a Monique Lhuillier (anything she does with lace!) so here''s to hoping that I''ll find one of the styles I like in my size...

By the way, I LOVE your engagement ring.

30.gif
It''s from the Ritani Bella Vita line, right? I placed an order for a different style from the same line a month ago, and can''t wait to see it in person (and share lots of pics here, of course
26.gif
).

You''re welcome! I LOOOVE Monique Lhuillier! Her dresses are just so pretty and romantic! I had a hard time deciding when I got mine, but went with a Reem Acra because it had some pink lace overlays on parts of the dress, and I''m a sucker for anything just a bit different and anything pink!

Yup, my ring is a Ritani Bella Vita, and I adore it! I can''t wait to see a different style on someone and see lots of pictures to drool over!
30.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 1:48:51 PM
Author: sba771
I love looking at the site for fun. You said you like Monique Lhuillier. My advice is my dress by her is MUCH bigger than my street size. When I bought my wedding dress I was a street size 4/6 and my dress was a size 10/12. So just an FYI since its tricky if you can''t try stuff on.

Isn''t it crazy the difference in the sizing? I''m the same as you as far as street size and dress size. Anyway, I''ve heard nothing but great things about the preownedwedding dress website :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 11:55:40 AM
Author: 2011bride

Keep in mind that you can probably work out a return policy with a bride from POWD.com or OnceWed.com. This is something that Neatfreak suggested when I was contemplating buying a used Pronovias gown from POWD.com but couldn''t locate a sample in my area. I had only seen it online and was mildly obsessed.
3.gif
The bride I was going to buy from agreed that if I didn''t like the dress then I would send it back in a reasonable time (get it in the mail in 3 days) and I she would refund me my payment less $50 or something. That way I was only out shipping and the $50 "re-stocking" fee.

Good luck with your gown search! Also consider using one of those escrow websites (or set up a PayPal transaction in a way that you release the funds only after you''ve received the gown and verified its authenticity) if you buy outside of the Your Dream Dress site Chem Geek gave you.

2011bride

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much!!
9.gif
I live in China and it was so nice to wake up this morning and read all your comments. I''m more convinced than ever that it''s the right way to go - who can resist the idea of a gorgeous designer gown for a fraction of the original price! Because I live in China, a lot of my friends are assuming that I''d be getting a custom gown tailored, but the truth is that tailors here simply don''t have the skill level to pull off the kind of dress that I''d like. A few times, I''ve bought clothing back home in the UK over holidays and brought them back to China to get altered in some way, and the tailor''s told me that they couldn''t do it because they didn''t have the right type of sewing machine to work with the specific type of fabric or seams!
14.gif

sba771, THANK YOU for that advice about sizing. I''d heard that wedding dresses can run small, so it''s good to know that Monique Lhuillier ones run really small! It sounds like the key is to communicate with the buyer and come to some sort of agreement about returns, as Clairitek says. There are a couple of dresses on POWD.com that I''ve already "saved" but with my wedding being a long way off (2011), I''m guessing it would be sensible to just drool for now and see what''s going to be available closer to the time?? I''m sooo in love with her Swan Lake dress though...

ChemGeek, I''ll definitely be posting loads of ring pics as soon as I get it on my sweaty hand!
3.gif
This past week there was an interesting blip in the process, which I wrote about on the SMTR forum here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results