shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever purchased furniture from Horchow / Neiman Marcus?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,
I have found some furniture that I love on the Horchow website, and I''m wondering if anyone has any experience purchasing from them? Any first-hand accounts about shipping, customer service, quality, care, etc. would be much appreciated!

For anyone who''s interested, here is one of the pieces I''m considering: http://www.horchow.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=cprod40290001&parentId=cat8330731&masterId=cat000001&index=29&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat8330731

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I think they're overpriced and I never have purchased from them although I love to look at the catalog. Before you buy look at Z Gallerie and West Elm for mirrored pieces.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased monogrammed linens from them for a steal before, but I do think their furniture pieces tend to be overpriced. If it''s something you love though and can''t find it anywhere else for a better price, I would go for it!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I ordered a painting from Horchow. Couldn''t resist - it was perfect. Everything went exactly to plan and the quality of the product was very good. If it was a mass produced painting, it had very realistic brushstrokes with differing weights of paint. I was pleased.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I considered purchasing from Horchow, but didnt'' find anything I love and found prices to be extremely inflated. My advice would be if it''s an item you love and cannot find elsewhere (ie same brand/make) then by all means go for it. I had my eye on curtains and since I''ve been looking so extensively knew that same exact curtain was available from another supplier at half the price.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t purchased from Horchow, but I''ve seen similar pieces to the one you''re considering at Z Gallerie and someplace else... can''t remember exactly where at the moment, but I KNOW I''ve seen it.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I love that choice! I WANT I WANT. And I so envy that you are getting it instead of me! So I am not trying to discourage you...just arm you with what I would do in this situation.

I used to be in the furniture business, and the first thing that comes to mind when I see it...is NIGHTMARE. Why? The smucks that will handle it in transit will have no idea how delicate it is. I can see three returns would be in MY future if I ordered it. Forklifts are not normally ran with a delicate hand.

I think you are wise to inquire as you have...and hopefully someone can give you a great glowing response on the product, securing it in packaging etc. I would ask what the policy is when and if a panel arrives cracked.

This is obviously not a Horchow/Neiman story or experience as you requested....but I offer you this example; My Stainless refrigerator arrived fine...but they warned me if there was problem with one of the doors being dented or scratched any damage, it was not returnable as a whole...that the damaged piece would be replaced. That first a service tech had to come out and access to make sure the damage occurred in shipping and not in placement...then the damaged part be ordered/which may take weeks...then wait for it to arrive...then a repair man would come and switch it out. Knowing all the details almost made me change my mind in purchase. (electrolux Icon was the brand).

A stainless refrigerator should be far more durable than a mirrored table...so just be armed with your rights before you order.

I realize that is not the same thing, but I would really grill them on the return/exchange/time frame on something so fragile.

And please take lots of pics for us...er me. With a pic I can live vicariously through your purchase.
36.gif

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the responses!

I agree with those of you who said Horchow is overpriced...I wish they weren''t! I can''t seem to find the exact same thing anywhere else, but thanks to lulu and April20 for the suggestion of Z Gallerie -- I''ll have to check out their selection! Steph, I''ve done the same thing with Horchow''s monogrammed linens: waited for a super sale and then picked up a couple of sets. Their sheets are great!

Starset, that painting sounds beautiful...they have so many really nice (albeit expensive) things!

CasaBlanca, thanks for the advice. If I end up ordering this piece, I will be sure to ask all about their shipping / return / replacement policies.

Thanks again all, I''ll be sure to post pictures if I buy them (or if I find something similar for less, fingers crossed!).

35.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I agree they are high priced, but they had two things on sale I had to have. A Venetian glass mirror for the powder room and a fireplace screen. The Venetian mirror was sold out. I waited months for it, they kept saying it would come at a later date, but it was worth the wait.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Customer service was great, they could track your order easily, everything arrived in good condition, but it took a long time for popular items on sale, but worth the wait

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Wynham,

That''s a fabulous piece. Pier I also has glass pieces like this for less but the same look.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 3:26:55 PM
Author:wyndham
Hi All,
I have found some furniture that I love on the Horchow website, and I''m wondering if anyone has any experience purchasing from them? Any first-hand accounts about shipping, customer service, quality, care, etc. would be much appreciated!

For anyone who''s interested, here is one of the pieces I''m considering: http://www.horchow.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=cprod40290001&parentId=cat8330731&masterId=cat000001&index=29&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat8330731

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
those are great classic mirrored pieces. I''ve researched that look for quite a while, my daughter was looking for something very much like that. It''s been a while, so I can''t help you with exact web sites, but I know they are out there. I do agree with everyone, Horchow can be overpriced. Do your homework and research/Google to see if you have any lower priced options.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results