shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever buy a handbag from Etsy?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I buy lots of things from Etsy, especially little cellphone pouches. My favorites so far are from SeasideSew, BlytheKing and Rockitbot (nerd herder!!! best name ever!)

I have gotten one handbag on there in the past, and lets say it was less than stellar. Mostly workmanship issues and for how much I paid for it, I was really unhappy with that. But after a few years, mostly stalking this person and her shop, I am splurging on one of her bags, slightly customized. The seller is ValhallaBrooklyn. I got to pick the lining, I got to pick the leather and dictate measurements. I am SO NERVOUS and super excited.

I normally use Linea Pelle Dylan bags because they're well made and the leather is DIVINE. Since Minneapolis and the little theft I encountered I decided I needed a similar style bag with a long adjustable strap I can add for when I am sitting in a restaurant like that again. I was all set to buy the crossbody verson of current Dylan, and then remembered these...so now I am awaiting it's completion so I can pay and get it :)

Anyone else buy a bag from Etsy? Or this seller?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I bought 5 pouches from this seller and filled them with goodies for my bridesmaids. The quality was awesome, especially the lovely Japanese fabric.
http://www.etsy.com/people/charmdesign

Valhallabrooklyn has tempted me before but that is awfully pricey for me to buy online (I like to feel the leather and inspect the stitching and hardware quality.)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think luckily I can return or exchange if need be. Looking at the images of the leather we discussed made me feel a little more calm. and actually, the bag I was disappointed with from a previous seller was actually fantastic leather. Just poorly done. I think this one, or rather I hope, should hold up to my abuse. The price for THIS is a little nerve wracking, though my normal cost for a bag like this is about 400. So if it pans out, Im ok. If not, then I will be sad and have to return or exchange.

I THINK I got clutches from Upstyle before too but those were a little different, they were fabric and therefore my opinion of workmanship was I guess at a different level of concern.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a bag from an Etsy seller and I love it. Her bags are made with upholstery fabric, so they're pretty sturdy and they hold up well.

I have the first bag shown on the page, but mine is all red. It's perfect for the essentials: wallet, checkbook, sunglasses, and a few other things. http://www.etsy.com/shop/aHelpingHandBag?section_id=7500936

I also like the seller's kindle cases/messenger bags. http://www.etsy.com/shop/aHelpingHandBag?section_id=10127712...

ETA: I just realized you're looking for leather, so my links probably won't help. Sorry!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny you mention the Leather Store. That's the seller that I had a bad experience with. My bag fell apart pretty much immediately, and she wouldn't take a return, let me send back for repairs or pay for repairs. She sent me a few matching studs but left me to figure out what to do with a $150 purse on my own. It cost me $30 to get it fixed and it pissed me off so bad I gave the bag away to good will.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
But thank you for the Ferrago link--I really dig their cases.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Ive bought a handbag off etsy and i LOVE it :bigsmile: i bought the baby botanist bag in tan leather from opelle creative. She's based in Toronto and i love her designs, they're modern yet classic. The bag is so versatile and well made, im quite enamored with it and havent quit using it since i got it in august :love:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/opellecreative?ref=ss_profile

Supers

Shiny_Rock
ame|1319420758|3046253 said:
Funny you mention the Leather Store. That's the seller that I had a bad experience with. My bag fell apart pretty much immediately, and she wouldn't take a return, let me send back for repairs or pay for repairs. She sent me a few matching studs but left me to figure out what to do with a $150 purse on my own. It cost me $30 to get it fixed and it pissed me off so bad I gave the bag away to good will.

Oh wow - really? I've not bought from her, just thought her bags looked nice. May pass on buying her stuff then...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I have her on my favorites list. Her bags look very well made.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Supers|1319423097|3046292 said:
ame|1319420758|3046253 said:

Oh wow - really? I've not bought from her, just thought her bags looked nice. May pass on buying her stuff then...
Yea I was EXTREMELY disappointed, more in her attitude than her workmanship. The leather was fantastic though, just a little thin. It looked really cute and I wanted it for months before I got it. I think if she showed an ounce of concern for her workmanship or having repeat business, it would've turned out differently and I might still use it. But I was so disgusted by her response that I got rid of it. I really hope this experience turns out differently bec this bag is TOTALLY my style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results