shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else''s SO do this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
So whenever dear FF gets me a present, he constantly teases me about it. He thinks it''s hilarious to keep me asking about what it is, when will I get it, what will I do with it, etc etc. It drives me crazy, because I can''t stop thinking about it (and 9 times out of 10 I manage to twist his clues around in such a way that I start hoping it might be a ring). For example, I come home from work last night, and he said he bought me a present. After about a half an hour of guessing and pestering, I get it out of him that it''s "smaller than a walnut," "something very thoughtful that shows that he understands me," and that it''s something I''ll "play with everyday." But he always gives clues like this, and I drive myself crazy with anticipation. It''s always something really good, but never what I expect. Anyone else have to deal with excessively clever (and mildly annoying!) SO''s?
2.gif

HappyCat

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
BF never teases me like that-he knows I would beat him up.
1.gif

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Haha PrincessLily. Maybe that''s my problem. I need to be tougher with him.
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
No, he doesn't do that. BUT whenever he gives me a present, he keeps saying how great it is. Like my ring as just ONE example, he will look at my hand and say, "Your ring sparkles/looks gorgeous/is gorgeous/is huge/looks stunning/etc."

He just needs to me say, "You're right babe, its the best ring (present) in the whole world, you did an amazing job...in fact YOU ARE AMAZING" LOL It's like he wants me to pat him on the bed and say, "Good boy!"

::sigh:: Boys
20.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
He pretty much wont peep about a thing other than there is ''a surprise, gift'' whatever....which is still teasing I think. lol!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Nope. It normally ends up me either already knowing the gift or guessing until I know it. Sometimes he thinks he is really creative about it, but somehow I always know. I think it is a good thing because I know I would twist things around too and drive myself nuts trying to figure it out. :)

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:17:19 AM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Nope. It normally ends up me either already knowing the gift or guessing until I know it. Sometimes he thinks he is really creative about it, but somehow I always know. I think it is a good thing because I know I would twist things around too and drive myself nuts trying to figure it out. :)

Ughhhh! This is us too! Honestly, bless his heart, but my boyfriend's hints are not very vague.. For instance, a couple Christmas' ago, he got me a ring (absolutely beautiful heart shaped ruby that I'd been drooling over for years!). He had a few ideas prior to and I guessed them. Then, one night we're online and talking and looking at pictures of rings and he's telling me that his ideas for Christmas fell through, after I showed him the picture of this ring he's like "Oh! I know what I'm getting you now!" :|

And if THAT didn't give it away... For the next couple weeks, he periodically rubbed my finger where the ring would be worn and was like, "I can't wait to give you your present..."

:) I love it, obviously.. but its hilarious how he thought I *didn't* know... They mean well :razz: Now, he knows not to give hints lol. As sweet as it was... :)

So, no.. I don't have to deal with anything excessively clever.

Although - he is keeping Valentine's day a surprise.. As well as the proposal.. :|

But, no clever hints!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:24:45 AM
Author: PrincessLily2009
1.gif
Same here! Or 9 times out of 10 I will guess what it is and my BF is such a bad liar that it shows all over his face that the surprise has been ruined. Or, he just screams at me "Why do you always know!?!?!? You''re too good!!!!"
25.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:37:58 PM
Author: sammyj
Date: 2/11/2009 10:24:45 AM

Author: PrincessLily2009

1.gif

Same here! Or 9 times out of 10 I will guess what it is and my BF is such a bad liar that it shows all over his face that the surprise has been ruined. Or, he just screams at me ''Why do you always know!?!?!? You''re too good!!!!''
25.gif

Hahahaha I always guess my presents too and it drives him crazy! Before we were married, he lived in a farmhouse, and I was out there one night before he got home. That night, he walked in the house and said "I brought you something" I said "Oooo did you find me a tree frog?" and his jaw hit the floor..it''s so random and out there-but I was right! We had that frog for 3 years!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. We both can''t stand to wait to give the present.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:11:09 AM
Author:HappyCat
So whenever dear FF gets me a present, he constantly teases me about it. He thinks it''s hilarious to keep me asking about what it is, when will I get it, what will I do with it, etc etc. It drives me crazy, because I can''t stop thinking about it (and 9 times out of 10 I manage to twist his clues around in such a way that I start hoping it might be a ring). For example, I come home from work last night, and he said he bought me a present. After about a half an hour of guessing and pestering, I get it out of him that it''s ''smaller than a walnut,'' ''something very thoughtful that shows that he understands me,'' and that it''s something I''ll ''play with everyday.'' But he always gives clues like this, and I drive myself crazy with anticipation. It''s always something really good, but never what I expect. Anyone else have to deal with excessively clever (and mildly annoying!) SO''s?
2.gif

HappyCat
um all the time!!!! and because i fall for it too. every time.
so what did he get you??

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 7:11:03 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 2/11/2009 10:11:09 AM

Author:HappyCat

So whenever dear FF gets me a present, he constantly teases me about it. He thinks it''s hilarious to keep me asking about what it is, when will I get it, what will I do with it, etc etc. It drives me crazy, because I can''t stop thinking about it (and 9 times out of 10 I manage to twist his clues around in such a way that I start hoping it might be a ring). For example, I come home from work last night, and he said he bought me a present. After about a half an hour of guessing and pestering, I get it out of him that it''s ''smaller than a walnut,'' ''something very thoughtful that shows that he understands me,'' and that it''s something I''ll ''play with everyday.'' But he always gives clues like this, and I drive myself crazy with anticipation. It''s always something really good, but never what I expect. Anyone else have to deal with excessively clever (and mildly annoying!) SO''s?
2.gif

HappyCat

um all the time!!!! and because i fall for it too. every time.

so what did he get you??

I don''t know! He hasn''t given it to me yet! He''s now implying that he hasn''t even ordered it yet!! He''s really driving me crazy.
32.gif
But I''ll let you guys know when I finally get it, whatever it is.
2.gif

HappyCat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results