shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else with a second wedding set?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just wondering if anyone else has more than one "set". I have my original ering and wedding band. But I also have another ering which I bought because I wanted a Van Craeynest piece, and sometimes I wear that with a thin white gold band as an alternative sometimes since the styles are very different.

I was curious if anyone else out there has more than one set and if they wear both on and off or just keep one set mostly in the safe for sentimental value.

I've been considering resetting one of them into a diamond pendant, but can't decide which!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goal is to have about three! :lol: Still working on it!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have only one ering but a few bands. I usually only wear the diamond and plain with the ering, but Ill wear the plain with another few bands I have.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think part of the reason I have two is because I never got to do any of the fun stuff with the first one. My hubby surprised me with it, so I didn't really have any input into the diamond or setting. He did an amazing job, but he's a boy and a very traditional one at that so the original e-ring is very simple. He basically decided it was time, he did some online perusing to get an idea of prices and how to evaluate diamonds, then went to a store and found a diamond. When the sales guy asked what setting, he just tried to find the most "traditional" solitaire they had available, lol. I think it caught him by surprise that there were so many options since most of the women in his family wear tiffany style solitaires. So all in all the endeavor took him about 3 days, lol. It's actually a fantastic quality diamond and lovely setting, but I missed out on all the fun part of the shopping and designing!

So my second ering which I bought for myself is actually much more my style, even though the diamond is a bit smaller. So I find I really enjoy wearing it (though not too often around the hubby!).

Haha, I don't think I'll be going for a 3rd set!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't even wear what I have!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm a one set girl, which is why it took me so long to get it right! :lol:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm like Yenny I am a one set kinda gal... but it keeps evolving :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me! My original w/ring is yellow gold with a thin w/gold band in the centre. My second w/ring is a plain platinum band.

We got the second one because my tastes had changed and I was finding I was wearing more w/gold than yellow.

I've never had an e/ring as in my husband's country, the w/ring doubles up as an e/ring (how unfair is that?!). However, I wear all of my other rings as e/rings and so not only get a lot of wear out of them but it also means I can co-ordinate how I want! Yeah! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my original set (traditional RB), and then I have my grandmother's set that I wear occasionally (small transitional with an illusion setting). I used to have my upgrade set, but I sold it. However, I'm working on an AVC or an OEC e-ring now. :naughty: I love having options. I usually wear the same one band with the different e-rings.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I wear my regular wedding set exclusively, but I also have a relatively convincing fake that I've occasionally worn on long vacations where I was afraid of losing my real ones. I've also thought about getting an Etoile-style scattered diamond band to wear as an alternate.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have another set (or two).

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have one set- but I would love more :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 4 sets. I do wear them all depending on my mood. That doesn't include the 4 sets I bought in c when I was trying to decide which look I wanted.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have three sets!

I have the rings I got for my kids' births, a plat semi-bezel etoile style ring with a .31ct diamond and a half eternity band.
I have my Aurora band for blingy days -- something like 2.4cttw.
And I have my yellow gold set with a buttercup style solitaire and a .80ct OEC.

Before this summer I had one set with a larger solitaire. I am really enjoying the variety I have now! I wear something different every day. I often change my rings a few times a day depending on what I am doing and what I feel like looking at (I like to wear something all the time to enjoy it).

None is my original e-ring, which I wear sometimes as a RHR. I also no longer own my original wb ;)) My husband cares not what I wear as long as I wear something. He does prefer the Aurura band because it is serious classy bling, though.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I have three sets.

The first is my everyday set - a plain 3mm WG wedding band with my 1.22 cushion solitaire. I wear this set 99% of the time.

The second is a plat Tiffany 2mm milgrain wedding band with my first diamond - a .50 Leo set in a plat semi-bezel.

The third is a Tiffany Lucida 2mm YG wedding band with my 1cttw eternity that DH got me for our first wedding anniversary.

If I'm feeling really blingy I'll pair the eternity with my cushion even though the eternity is YG. The prongs are so small it's not really that noticable unless you're really studying it.

Sometimes I'll just wear one of the bands or the eternity depending on my mood and what I'm doing but I find my everyday set fits in with my lifestyle the most.

I don't have any plans to get another e-ring although I love having multiple bands so I see more of those in the future.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 1 e-ring and 3 wedding bands...my goal is to have 1 set, I want to have a blingy e-ring and then wear it with a plain 2mm band..I know what I want I just dont have the money to make it happen yet :loopy:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I only have one set. I'm a super sentimental type so I'll never do anything to change my original set.

That being said-- I'm all about adding stackers and right hand rings ;-)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only have one "wedding set" but lots of eternity/anniversary rings that I wear in the place of my wedding set. I'm more of an eternity ring girl anyway.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
One cushion on pave band

One 3 stone ring

One diamond bezel band

One plain gold band.

I mix and match them except the cushion and 3 stone, coz that would look ridiculous.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all your rings- but I think your cushion is my absolute favorite!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1320979558|3059225 said:
I have 4 sets. I do wear them all depending on my mood. That doesn't include the 4 sets I bought in c when I was trying to decide which look I wanted.

Would love to see pics of all of your sets!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear one wedding set but I have several rings I could wear as alternate wedding sets. I have a WG diamond and sapphire band that I can wear with a WG diamond heart in a diamond and sapphire semi mount as well as a 3 stone WG ring with a center sapphire. I also have a WG bypass channel set PC ring that I wear sometimes when I don't want to worry about hitting my ering (like camping). My original wedding ring set now has a spinel in it.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I have my original set, which is a 5mm rounded band scatter set with different sized diamonds, and a 3mm bezel set band. I lost the engagement ring but did eventually find it again. The ering (5mm band) is very tight so I can only really wear it when the weather is cold and my fingers shrink a bit.

Then I have my oval solitaire in a really simple setting, I used to wear this with my 3mm scatter set band but rarely wear it now and will have it re set into something else - keep changing my mind what to do with it though.

Finally, I have my favourite which is my 1920's transitional cut which I wear with a 1930's 1.5mm carved platinum band.

I usually wear the same ring on my right hand for sentimental reasons, so I like to be able to chop and change the other side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results